Tuesday 6/15/04 QB Camp Report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 6/15/04 QB Camp Report

4Dfins said:
Great report and thanks. As for the O-line, I like the way that wise is handling them, as now (early in off season) is the time to break them down together, so he can slowly start molding them them together as a team, as they experience the good things together along the way. Were they that horrid during this practice or was the staff holding the D back until now to compensate for all the new guys learning curves?

No they were just horrid. The defense has been playing like this since
the second camp, they didn't do anything new so they don't have an excuse. Maybe because Timbo is back, I mean he's the only guy they haven't faced in the past camps, but then again he was out there
yesterday and the o-line had a pretty decent day. They looked
extremely flat-footed coming out of their stance and very lazy....
when St. Clair got beat by Bowens he completely whiffed then didn't
even look back, just put his hands on his hips and stood there. What if there was a fumble or the qb got away and needed one key block to gain some yards...his fat *** is sitting there feeling sorry for himself. I know its minicamp but still I don't like lazy habits, sometimes they carry over to the season. Tony Wise probably has laryngitis, he was so mad his face was brighter than a ripe tomato when he was finished yelling.

It should be noted, I think, that Wise is displaying characteristics that some think are missing from this coaching staff.

inFINSible said:
It should be noted, I think, that Wise is displaying characteristics that some think are missing from this coaching staff.

Your right about that, he is the most vocal out of all the coaches. He's always talking and chatting up and the players really do respect him.
IMO he was Dave's best hire even though Boudreau was pretty damn
good as well. He's always in control of practice, but he needs to get
his boys playing at least semi-decent, cause today was probably the
worst I've ever seen them.

Thanks for the report.
The offensive line has me a bit concerned. Obviously many of the sacks you mentioned were simple mental breakdowns....when you are not in pads isn't that what mini camp is about mostly? The mental aspect of the game?

If the o-line can't gel mentally...I shiver to think when they get the pads on and opposing defensive teams are licking their chops prepping to clobber our QB!
Tony Wise's arse is on the line here too....he has to motivate those guys into a vicious unit that plays smart.

Its not unuual for the OL to be behind the DL at this stage of camp.Also 80 pct of the OL is new and it will take some time to gell.A great help to them will be playing against one of the better defenses in the league.If only the OL and QBing can be 50 pct better than last year the team will be a contenter.

Now if we could just figure out how to make the coaching 50 pct better.:rolleyes:

continue the camp reports ....I really enjoy reading them.....Dolphins fan in Alaska ...cuban born military sent to alaska and i retired here...

Has anyone here ever tried to block anyone without pads i mean get real. Like i said when the pads come on then we will know something.

alasken said:
continue the camp reports ....I really enjoy reading them.....Dolphins fan in Alaska ...cuban born military sent to alaska and i retired here...
Welcome to the board, alasken. Thanks for your service, too. It's great that some of our guys in S. Florida can give you these updates. Enjoy Alaska, your retirement and, of course, ... the Fins.:)

Finsflurry said:
Your right about that, he is the most vocal out of all the coaches. He's always talking and chatting up and the players really do respect him.
IMO he was Dave's best hire even though Boudreau was pretty damn
good as well. He's always in control of practice, but he needs to get
his boys playing at least semi-decent, cause today was probably the
worst I've ever seen them.
In the herald today, it says that Wanny was the one doing all the screaming and yelling during that team huddle....linkittydink :confused:

inFINSible said:
In the herald today, it says that Wanny was the one doing all the screaming and yelling during that team huddle....linkittydink :confused:

They were both yelling then, trust me Wise's voice is so recognizable it would be impossible to confuse it with Wanny's. Wanny was waving his arms around so I guess finally he got around to reaming some players.

hey finflurry thanks for the report might i ask who was playing at right tackle in the top offense? was it carey or st.clair? coz if they start that bastard st.clair over carey you can bet ur *** there will be a certain someone waiting at wannys door with a chainsaw....

dolfancoolio said:
hey finflurry thanks for the report might i ask who was playing at right tackle in the top offense? was it carey or st.clair? coz if they start that bastard st.clair over carey you can bet ur *** there will be a certain someone waiting at wannys door with a chainsaw....

It was St. Clair for the first few plays but he got pulled for playing terrible and lazy, and if St Clair starts there will be be 2 certain someones waiting at Wanny's door.

CrunchTime said:
Now if we could just figure out how to make the coaching 50 pct better.:rolleyes:

they did figure it out, it's called Sullivan, Trestman on O. Added players on D. That'll do a coaching staff some good. Also, they reduce Wanny's duties to coaching, giving him more time to concentrate on his duties..Plus I don't think coaching has been the problem in the past. It's been the players who break down. there's will the problems have been.

Can we win a SB said:
Nice report, also this is the first place ull here this: Feeley starting by final preseason game!!! I bet any of yall...hehe

In that Pic Jay looks like a Caddy with the doors open. Maybe he should play without a helmet and just fly to the end zone. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom