Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First, my disclaimer:

I got there a bit late cause it was pouring, and I left a little early. There was alot going on plus they were on the far side of the field so if I missed any plays I apologize. I had a lot of wind in my face and if I mixed up people's numbers then I'm sorry. This is not the full practice, I don't remember every play.

Sam, Zach, Pat, Shawn, and Damion were all held out again. It was raining pretty good out there, I thought it might be canceled any minute. The qbs started off with some swing passes to the rb coming out of the backfield, all them were throwing nice accurate balls. They did a lot of drills today so I'll give you guys the recap:

They lined up at about the 10 yard line, so the offense was in the red zone, and they only ran the ball.

Minor squirts through for a TD, great block by Jeno
Minor stuffed at line (Chester)
Minor minimal gain (Taylor, Moore)
Minor 2 yds (Moore, Seau)
Minor 3 yds (Freeman, Poole)
Morris 2 yds (Hunt)
Henry 1 yd (Pope, Banks)
Henry 4 yds (Bua, Pope)
Russell 1 yd (Bowens)
Russell 2 yds (Romero, Mallard)
Russell runs into a sea of defenders
Russell takes one to the house, nice block by Whitley and Yates
Rob Konrad with a big run, he lined up at hb and, burst through for 6 yards, dragged Mallard for 4 yds, then spiked the ball....LOL calm down Rob

They then had the qb and up to recievers go out for a route, no defenders though

AJ slightly overthrown but caught by CC 20 yards down the middle
AJ slant by Newson
AJ deep out to Boston
AJ to Carl Morris on seam route, nice throw
AJ same pass but to Chambers, he threw it in the same exact spot
AJ quick in to Boston
AJ swing pass to Russell
Sage to McMichael on cross route
Sage quick slant to Chambers
Sage to Chambers but he drops an easy one
Sage short to Minor
Sage square in to Chambers
Sage deep to Tolver nice throw
Sage cross to Newson

7 on 7s

Jay short to Minor
Jay to McMichael, bounces high off his fingertips and he nearly catches it again
Jay deep to CC, inc he got nailed by Knight
AJ quick slant to CC
AJ deep to Boston, broken up by Freeman
AJ quick to Lee
Jay quick out to Boston
Jay overthrows Lee
Jay's pass tiped and picked off by Poole I believe
AJ deep overthrows Thompson
AJ short to Chambers, dangerous throw
AJ deep to CC, nice play by Edwards to break it up
Jay short to Russell
Jay to Moa short
Jay short again to Russell

Scrimmage

Minor 2 yd stretch run to outside stopped by Greenwood and Freeman
Jay out to Chambers but he drops it again
Jay draw to Minor who breaks it outside for a nice gain
Minor gets absolutely smacked by Freeman
Morris nice run 10 yds
Morris even nicer run, same exact play
AJ screen to Morris, the play gets blown up by Bua who nails him for a 3 yd loss
AJ quick slant to Tolver
Konrad short gain, tackled by Romero and Pope
Sage to Willie Johnson, short gain
Sage PA fakes the whole defense and finds a wide-open Johnson for the easy TD
Reverse to Boston, he and Moore get into it a bit after the play...Eddie hit him and then didn't let go for a couple seconds, David took exception and it looked like he tried to elbow his helmet...no big deal though
AJ deep, just through the hands of Boston
Russell stopped by Greenwood and Seau
AJ rifles one in but Chambers drops it yet again!
AJ sacked by JT
Bad play, botched snap and this time Jay gets sacked
Henry stopped by Ayanbadejo after a 6 yard gain
Jay to Newson on comeback route
Jay deep to Chambers, fantastic adjustment and catch, he just made up for his drops
Jay's pass broken up by Edwards

The o-line played well today. They opened up a few very nice holes and also pass protected pretty well. They're progressing.

The qb battle I'd have to give to AJ for the third straight day. He was more consistent and accurate than Jay, he seems to be making a strong push for the job. He's in the drills a lot earlier than he was before and he even started off one drill first, which I haven't seen before. If he keeps this up I don't see how they can justify not giving him the job.

3 Stars

Jeno James: The star of the o-line, several key blocks to spring runs and pass protected well too. Even knocked Larry Chester on his azz!

Sammy Morris: More signs that he can be a good back for us, he busted off a couple nice runs where he showed his speed and acceleration. Pushing Minor for the #1 slot.

Arturo Freeman/Antwan Edwards:
Both very active in run defense, add in a couple nice deflections and solid man to man coverage and I thought they had their best day so far.

Highlight: CC's catch and Sage's PA fake.

Lowlight: The botched fumble/sack, I never want to see something that ugly again.

thanks for the info!!! finfan stuck n {pasadena}socal

Awesome report. Happy to hear about the o-line improvement

Im glad the O-line and A.J. are improving, but what was up with chambers' dropped passes? Anyways great post, keep on working at it and we'll be a good team.

Finsflurry said:
Rob Konrad with a big run, he lined up at hb and, burst through for 6 yards, dragged Mallard for 4 yds, then spiked the ball....LOL calm down Rob

Can you tell he's not used to getting the ball much? :roflmao:

Wait a minute...I was there and Minor ran for a 3 yard gain not 2 yards!! Were you really there hmmm?? :tongue: (I'm just messing with you FF, I love your reports and will be looking foward to them throughout TC).

I guess Chambers had an off day. Hey it happens...better that it happens now instead of game day.

Good to see Boston giving a little attitude. An angry Boston on the football field should make us VERY happy. :D

Jeno James knocked Chester on his butt? Wow...just wow. :eek:

How is Carey doing ? I hope he gets a chance to start. Also, is Jermen in the lead for the ROG spot ?

thanks FF wow im finally starting to get excited about feeley do you think hes playing better due to the cooler weather? i know he was complaining about a sweaty ball during qb camp. also sounds like our RB'S are coming along nicely finally starting to move the ball a bit?

Awesome report. Even in the rain you went out of your way to get us the scoop. I wish the weather would subside so they can make the most of their practices. It gives them the edge in the florida weather but four days of practicing in the rain is a bit too much.

Did CC run out of stickum? :) Sounds like our ofense is getting some attitiude. About time. Even with Smokedog running the ball we really didn't have any 'tude on O!

The qb battle I'd have to give to AJ for the third straight day. He was more consistent and accurate than Jay, he seems to be making a strong push for the job. He's in the drills a lot earlier than he was before and he even started off one drill first, which I haven't seen before. If he keeps this up I don't see how they can justify not giving him the job.

:up: :bravo: :hi5: :clap: :couch2: :party: :rocker: :beerbang: :thewave:

I don't want him to calm down, I like it better when players get rowled up and pissed it makes it more intence, and it tends to make them play better. It sounds like everything is actually coming together. I love hearing the O-line is working for us.

Chambers isn't used to a QB with actual velocity on his throws and one who gets it there as soon as he turns around and is in stride.

He'll grow accustomed to real QB'ing soon enough.

CD13 said:
How is Carey doing ? I hope he gets a chance to start. Also, is Jermen in the lead for the ROG spot ?

He's doing fine, I still think he'll beat out St. Clair. German is definitely in the lead for the RG position....but somehow I think if Carey ends up not winning the RT slot he'll get the RG position, and frankly I'd rather have him in there than German anyway.

catapano said:
thanks FF wow im finally starting to get excited about feeley do you think hes playing better due to the cooler weather? i know he was complaining about a sweaty ball during qb camp. also sounds like our RB'S are coming along nicely finally starting to move the ball a bit?

It was wet today, and it's been pretty hot so no I don't think that has anything to do with it. I just think he's gaining a lot of confidence and is starting to get the playbook down, so this is just the beginning. He's coming along just fine right now.

Yeah we moved the ball a little better today, we had a few nice plays.

Back
Top Bottom