Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Maybe in the rain special is just "ok"

Anyway I won't deny the effect of looking at AJ's passes can have on you when you are so use to Fiedler's passes but also keep in mind we're far away from the season so we don't exactly remember some of Fiedler's best passes either. I know I was just watching some thing where they had Sean Salisbury (ugh) and Mike Ditka picking sides over different issues in the NFL (it was a farse, because they both picked the same side like each time) and they were talking about quarterbacks so they discussed Vinny or Quincy, Eli or Kurt, etc then they got to AJ or Jay and both of them picked Jay Fiedler so they showed a bunch of clips of Fiedler's throws and I was like "Damn, he threw that?" just cuz I hadn't seen them all play in a while. Unfortunately I swear half the throws were from just the Dallas game lol.

Id say that there were 2 throws both over the middle one to CC(the opening play of his 7-7 i believe) and the other to Derrius in the scrimmage where he zipped the ball in there, where it was noticabe that he CAN be the guy. I didnt notice the consistency you did, but I felt he did look better than I saw him during the Mini's and Qbs schools. (This was my first day at TC this yr due to travel plans.) But all in all unless one really stands out during the next 2 weeks of TC, i think the job will be decided over the next 3 weekends(the work with Houston, and the 2 gms against JAX and WASH).

Also, wouldn't you agree that Vernon could be the #1 RT as early as the JAX game? I mean granted he does not have to work against Jason much but he more than held his own against D Bow, Jay Williams, and Otis this morning.

Again, thanks for the reports guys!

One thing about training camp, IMO as it wears on, it gets harder to evaluate these guys objectively because they start to learn each other's tendencies.

Once the scrimmages and preseason games get here and we get to see Miami handle other teams, only then will we be able to gauge more accurately how good or bad certain individual players are.

this whole jay vs. AJ thing is getting to be like polls except with the bias. I think they will both probably be equal at the start of the season with Jay getting the nod, but of course, jay will get injured, and then the man who is a gamer will take over.
Sam simmons will be the KR. I am pulling for Russell to be the other KR.

The bad oline reports before i think are a bit early to think anything cus alot of that stuff is drill related. As time goes on we well see better as the defense cant guess what is coming. cant wait to see the scrimmage against Houston.
Love our backups! Were gonna rule come december IMO. We got some dirty noses out there.
i notice we are going over the middle alot in practice. :D
I notice chris chamers is going to the probowl this year.
I notice ricky is pothead.

I read your reports daily. Thanks for the updates. Keep it up.

fins2923 said:
Id say that there were 2 throws both over the middle one to CC(the opening play of his 7-7 i believe) and the other to Derrius in the scrimmage where he zipped the ball in there, where it was noticabe that he CAN be the guy. I didnt notice the consistency you did, but I felt he did look better than I saw him during the Mini's and Qbs schools. (This was my first day at TC this yr due to travel plans.) But all in all unless one really stands out during the next 2 weeks of TC, i think the job will be decided over the next 3 weekends(the work with Houston, and the 2 gms against JAX and WASH).

Also, wouldn't you agree that Vernon could be the #1 RT as early as the JAX game? I mean granted he does not have to work against Jason much but he more than held his own against D Bow, Jay Williams, and Otis this morning.

I think he can get the job by the Jax game, I fully expect him to start the season for us.

Accordign to reports Wade Smith is gettign beat constantly by Jt and David Bowens.

What you guys think about Dan Goodspeed and Tony Pape?

Wade Smith to me is by far the hardest guy on the team to judge in TC because he has to go up against one of the best players on the planet every single snap. He looks much more comfortable to me this yr but it is hard to grade him because frankly Jason gets the better of him most of the time.

Wade Smith was servicable last year and he's improved, I think they'll stick with him.

Besides, going against the best DE in football everyday will only prepare him better for games.

Thanks FF, your dedication is much appreciated... Hope it gets sunny again for you real soon... ;)

Going up against JT will make him a better player but people keep mentioning Dan Goodspeed as been impressive.Jay Williams when as far as to saty he will end up starting LT.I'm just wondering what your opinion on Dan Goodspeed if any?

minus said:
Going up against JT will make him a better player but people keep mentioning Dan Goodspeed as been impressive.Jay Williams when as far as to saty he will end up starting LT.I'm just wondering what your opinion on Dan Goodspeed if any?

I haven't really noticed him, the one time I did he was getting beat for a sack, but I don't want to comment on it when I haven't been paying attention to him. I'll try to take a look at him tomorrow and tell you what I think.

minus said:
Accordign to reports Wade Smith is gettign beat constantly by Jt and David Bowens.

What you guys think about Dan Goodspeed and Tony Pape?

Goodspeed has a little more experience, and he has been OK, but he is at times being beaten by the 2nd, and 3rd teamers. He and Pape are long bodies that fit the mold nicely, but I don't think either would fare as well as Smith. Not this year anyway.

Neither Goodspeed nor Pape have the footspeed nor athleticism to play left tackle.

Back
Top Bottom