Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday 8/03/04 TC Report-Morning Session

fins2923 said:
Was at the morning session as well, pretty accurate report with the exception that Larry Chester did not practice, it was Zgonina and Romero starting in the middle. Also it was Bobby Sippio and DB going at it a bit not Eddie Moore, but as flurry mentioned nothing serious at all. I did not think either QB stood out, and Jay actually may have had the better of it in the 7-7 if not for the drops that flurry mentioned. A couple of the drops he mentions especially when AJ ran the first group the second time around in the scrimmage, were not great throws especially the one to Chambers it was a ball that went threw the hands of Arturo Freeman(who was all over the place today) before getting into Chris' chest.

I do agree that the OL was very impressive today, especially Vernon Carey IMO. St Clair did begin the running sessions and the full 11-11 as a starter but was replaced on both occasions after the 3rd play. Vernon was the one who sprung Rob on that TD run to end the drill. Hadnot, Yates, and Whitley dominated the second group at DL(even though its really the 3rd team) and were receiveing constant praise from DW and T Wise.

Will Poole prob had the highlight of the day, along with the Chambers catch, with a smack of T Minor towards the end of the starters 11-11 drill.

Like I said, I probably mixed a few numbers up. In any case, Jeno has knocked Larry on his azz on more than one occasion prior to this, and I expect him to do it again.

Thx FinsF!! BTW, if u had to make a predection, who do u think will start at RB by the end of TC. In other words who will be #1 for preseason.

sbh1602 said:
Thanks, FF. BTW, how's Wade Smith doing?

He's getting better, he still has to face JT on a regular basis though so that never helps.

Sounds like AJ went deep a number of times today, but they were all incomplete. How is his long ball looking?

igor79 said:
Sounds like AJ went deep a number of times today, but they were all incomplete. How is his long ball looking?

THe defenders had to make a good play on the ball, he's been on target pretty much the whole camp.

He's doing fine, I still think he'll beat out St. Clair. German is definitely in the lead for the RG position....but somehow I think if Carey ends up not winning the RT slot he'll get the RG position, and frankly I'd rather have him in there than German anyway.

For what its worth, Dave Wannstedt did specifically say that whoever loses that battle would be our swing guy, and he said explicitly that it would not be a situation where the loser goes and plays guard...

Good news on the OL. It seems like with the QB thing we won't know until the preseason games come on. Some people see an apple out there and some are seeing oranges it seems like.

FinFan24 said:
Thx FinsF!! BTW, if u had to make a predection, who do u think will start at RB by the end of TC. In other words who will be #1 for preseason.

I'd say Travis still, but with a heavy dose of Sammy Morris. I don't think we'll have a true starter, just a whole bunch of guys that contribute and bring their own style.

fins2923 said:
I did not think either QB stood out, and Jay actually may have had the better of it in the 7-7 if not for the drops that flurry mentioned. A couple of the drops he mentions especially when AJ ran the first group the second time around in the scrimmage, were not great throws especially the one to Chambers it was a ball that went threw the hands of Arturo Freeman(who was all over the place today) before getting into Chris' chest.

Jay was 6/14 and AJ was 12/17 overall in the plays I watched...frankly I don't think it was even that close.

Jay was 6/14 and AJ was 12/17 overall in the plays I watched...frankly I don't think it was even that close.

Well those numbers do speak for themselves. I hope the coaches are keeping track, for AJ's sake.

ckparrothead said:
Well those numbers do speak for themselves. I hope the coaches are keeping track, for AJ's sake.

It's not just the numbers, it' the placement of the ball, the velocity, everything is better IMO. I like the fact that you know the ball will be in the same place every time, that is one of Jay's biggest fault's IMO. The first day he looked terrific and accurate, now he's the erratic Jay that we all know and love. AJ shows signs of being way more consistent than Jay ever was.

I didnt track exactly what the comp-att were but did not think that either did anythign special today, either did 3033 who was also there. Feeleys deep ball to Boston was def not well thown. Now Jay did not throw the ball especially well either, so we'll def have to wait and see.

fins2923 said:
I didnt track exactly what the comp-att were but did not think that either did anythign special today, either did 3033 who was also there. Feeleys deep ball to Boston was def not well thown. Now Jay did not throw the ball especially well either, so we'll def have to wait and see.

I didn't think he was that special today either, but I thought he was better than Fiedler. Would you agree with that?

Back
Top Bottom