Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey guys just got back from the QB camp, I attended from 10:00-11:45 so I'll comment on what I saw. First off, Eddie Moore finally made an appearance, he didn't do much but he was running pretty comfortably so hopefully he's healed and ready to contribute. Like last time, I left most impressed with Wade Smith, as he seems ready to take it to another level this year. He listens and applies everything the coaches tell him and is very mature for his age, his work ethic is excellent, just an overall great guy. Anyway, on to the practice.

They started with some light streching and sprints, the d-lineman were by the stands and Chester and Taylor kept talking crap to each other it was really funny. They were stretching with the big elastic bands and Chester flung one at Taylor then the rest of the squad shot em at Larry, great stuff. Then the o-lineman did some blocking drills, the recievers a drill where they pick up a towel quickly around some cones, the dbacks did a cool drill where they step on a stepping device so it's like they're backpedaling and they were catching balls, Surtain doing em all one-handed. The coaches then told the dbs to run toward them and threw the balls, everyone caught it except for Freeman and Edwards. The qbs did some light throwing to the rb and te, nothing much they were pretty easy throws, but Jay's best throw I think is that quick slant, he was focusing on it some and he really throws it well...oh and Donald Lee dropped one right in the gut. Speaking of Lee, he spent a lot of time with the first team, seems like he'll be more of an option this year. Then they did a quick scrimmage, only about 10 plays and heres the summary:

1)Fiedler picked by Seau, would have been a TD
2)Short run by Ricky
3)Great pass from Fiedler to Tolver, a quick slant (Fiedler's best pass of the day)
4)Fiedler gets chased out of the pocket (might have been a sack)
5)Huge hole for Ricky that might have been 6, great job by o-line (esp Whitley)
6)Fiedler incomplete overthrow to Chambers
7)Feeley in first throw overthrown
8) Short run by Minor
9)Feeley picked by Akin, might have been 6
10)Short roll-out pass to Konrad
11)Deep throw misfired

Then the qbs did some long throws (30-40 yds) Fiedler was overthrowing, Feeley underthrowing (thought he started to find a rythym). Last play I saw Fiedler overthrew someone by about 10 yards. Anyway, none of em really stood out, Sage was the best qb by default because he didn't make any mistakes. They were better over the weekend, and I expect em to do better tomorrow. Minnis dropped a pass and so did Tolver, and one last thing Corey Jenkins is gonna be real good real soon IMO. Anything else I remember I'll e sure to post.

Thanks for the info finsflurry. Sounds like the QB's are still a little rusty. Better shake it off soon.

Thanks for the update.... :D

Sounds like Fiedler is back to his old tricks with all the {PICKS :yell: }. Let's hope that doesn't rub off on Feeley too much.... :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!!

To anyone attending camps....

I keep reading good things about Whitley. Has he really looked that impressive? Does he look like "the guy" at RG?

Good report.I liek you new approach of reporting it how it is.Good Job Flurry.

Hell, I keep reading good things about Sage. I'm assuming his passes are going against 2nd teamers, though (?).

Iryman said:
Thanks for the info finsflurry. Sounds like the QB's are still a little rusty. Better shake it off soon.

Why soon? We still have a LOT of time until the season starts. Don't get me wrong, I am anxious for some good plays too, but I just want them playing their best down the stretch run in the season and carry it on to the playoffs!

Oboy said:
Why soon? We still have a LOT of time until the season starts. Don't get me wrong, I am anxious for some good plays too, but I just want them playing their best down the stretch run in the season and carry it on to the playoffs!

The reason i want one of them to do well now is cause it will make the other one better. Right now it seems from reports(since i can't be there to see for myself) that niether is rising above the other. I think that as soon as one will step up the other has no choice but to step up or be left in the dust. But yes i agree with ya that it is not nessasarry to be 100% on now. Just anxious like you i guess LOL

Ira

bigmiamifan said:
And I still ask why Sage has not gotten any chances.

Because he stinks.... :lol: :lol:

Anyone who thinks SR could take over the starting QB position on this team has been huffing too much spay paint....

I've watched the guy play in mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season. Trust me, he's still a long way from starting anywhere in the NFL.

Another thing, those Phinz fans saying that SR has got the best arm on the team, are simply lost IMO. His arm is weak, and his accuracy is mediocre at best IMO. He'll never beat out Fielder or Feeley... :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Back
Top Bottom