Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report

Right

34RWilliams said:
Theres no way we are worse form last year in any way shape or form. We have our entire offensive line with younger players with more potential then that of our past o-line that has reached there limit on potential. As for Fiedler I agree he doesnt perform well at all as a starter but he wins and he will be a great backup for Feeley.If Fiedler does suck as bad as most are saying then why does miami have winning seasons regardless of not making playoffs? For Feeley we are all uncertain of his Starter Talent but any worse then Jay no, any Better possibly.

and I said nothing about the ol. I was referring specifically to qb's. I agree our ol is better at this point than last season. I'm disgusted with our qb depth.

No offense, but can we please lets not turn this into another Fiedler debate, every thread either starts out or ends up with it, its getting real annoying.

Finsflurry said:
No offense, but can we please lets not turn this into another Fiedler debate, every thread either starts out or ends up with it, its getting real annoying.

I thought this forum was designed to express your opinion on the Dolphins organization and every aspect therein. There are Fiedler lovers and Fiedler bashers. I am neither - I don't love Jay - I don't hate Jay. I believe we need more depth at qb, which I stated previously. We're all entitled to express our opinion. And I guarantee until the pre-season games begin, the debate, responses, and/or opinions will be heating upon alot.

I appreciate your camp report - I thought it was concise and efficient, however, I am as entitled as anyone here to express my opinions and where I feel we need help or don't. If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry for you.

I thought this forum was designed to express your opinion on the Dolphins organization and every aspect therein. There are Fiedler lovers and Fiedler bashers. I am neither - I don't love Jay - I don't hate Jay. I believe we need more depth at qb, which I stated previously. We're all entitled to express our opinion. And I guarantee until the pre-season games begin, the debate, responses, and/or opinions will be heating upon alot.

I appreciate your camp report - I thought it was concise and efficient, however, I am as entitled as anyone here to express my opinions and where I feel we need help or don't. If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry for you

By all means express your opinions, I'm just saying that every thread should not be about the same thing, like this thread should be discussing today's minicamp, and if you want to talk about Fiedler you should either start a new thread or respond to one of the dozens of Fiedler threads on the board. I'm not trying to tell you what to do its just that I wanna talk about other things besides Fiedler.

I would have responded to the other threads...

Finsflurry said:

I appreciate your camp report - I thought it was concise and efficient, however, I am as entitled as anyone here to express my opinions and where I feel we need help or don't. If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry for you

By all means express your opinions, I'm just saying that every thread should not be about the same thing, like this thread should be discussing today's minicamp, and if you want to talk about Fiedler you should either start a new thread or respond to one of the dozens of Fiedler threads on the board. I'm not trying to tell you what to do its just that I wanna talk about other things besides Fiedler.

but I was responding specifically to your camp report about the overthrows and picks by Jay, and Feeley by the way. Since you're on the practice squad I will tell you that you need to be prepared to discuss anything and everything Dolphins on this board - especially when you post a minicamp article.

Thanks.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Because he stinks.... :lol: :lol:

Anyone who thinks SR could take over the starting QB position on this team has been huffing too much spay paint....

I've watched the guy play in mini-camp, training camp, and the pre-season. Trust me, he's still a long way from starting anywhere in the NFL.

Another thing, those Phinz fans saying that SR has got the best arm on the team, are simply lost IMO. His arm is weak, and his accuracy is mediocre at best IMO. He'll never beat out Fielder or Feeley... :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Thank you Blitz! I would like to see Clint before Saga.

You will see AJ Feeley distance himself from Jay Fiedler in the competition as he gets his timing down with the receivers. The only advantage Jay has right now is that he knows the offense, and despite this advantage, he still hasn't shown that he is better than a quarterback that is learning the offense.

As far as Sage Rosenfels goes, I think you will see Clint Stoerner really push him for the #3 job when he gets back from overseas. Stoerner is a guy who has always had good quarterbacking skills, and he has hung around when a lot of others would have quit.

At receiver, I think you are going to see Kendall Newson make a strong push for that slot receiver position. It's only a matter of time before what he does in practice trickles over into game day.

Along the offensive line, I really think Taylor Whitley will emerge this season, and I think Tony Pape will make a strong push.

Defensively, I think one of the main players to watch will be defensive end Aaron Hunt. He's got a lot of natural pass rush ability, and I think he can beat out Otis Grigsby for that 5th defensive end spot and eventually push David Bowens out of a job.

Defensively, I think one of the main players to watch will be defensive end Aaron Hunt. He's got a lot of natural pass rush ability, and I think he can beat out Otis Grigsby for that 5th defensive end spot and eventually push David Bowens out of a job.

I don't know much about Hunt, could you give a little background info? He's 23, 6-3 and 260 and runs a 4.86, which is pretty good for a lineman, but does he have enough to push Bowens and Grigsby? Looks like I should pay more attention to him in camp.

Hunt was a tremendous pass rusher at Texas Tech. He was a playmaker for them at defensive end that made a lot of plays in the backfield. He had 21 sacks over his last two seasons at Texas Tech.

The thing that hurt Hunt was the fact that he didn't have prototypical size. He has a very quick first step and good explosion around the corner. He also has an array of pass rushing moves. Right now, I don't think he will hold up against the run, but he should be a good situational pass rusher with experience.

The difference I see in him and Grigsby is the natural pass rushing skills that Hunt has. Grigsby doesn't have those skills. He's got a great motor, but he is not a natural pass rusher.

The biggest thing that David Bowens brings to the table, IMO, is his aggression. Like Hunt, he lacks the prototype size, but he has an all out style of play. I think Bowens would probably put up decent sack numbers with more time, but I think he would be completely engulfed in the running game.

Sage may be a ways from starting, but a weak arm? No way. I did see him play before and he has a strong arm.

Back
Top Bottom