Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday May 4th QB Camp Report

Nice report. Glad to here Corey is doing well. Also good to hear that Whitley might have some upside.

Great report.....
It helps us Fin Fans who live outside Miami....
And Colorado is DEFINITELY outside Miami. All you hear here is Broncos crap...
Thanks!!!

ckparrothead said:
Why does that not surprise me.
After Freeman dropped his, they made him go to the end of the line and take another rep... where he dropped it AGAIN. All the other DB's were hissing at him. On the 3rd rep he finally held on.

Dolfanmike, I was definitely impressed with Whitley, he is determined not to be a bust. He had a real great block to free Ricky on the best running play of the day, and overall his technique and agility is much improved. He's a big dude for a guard, and it looks like he'll definitley be considered at RG. The starting oline if the season started tomorrow would be Smith-James-McKinney-German-St Clair. Don't forget about German man, the kid has some talent and if he's not the starter will be a quality backup. Im loving the young bucks right now, though one strange thing was they had Whitley lining up at C and McKinney at guard sometimes, I know Mckinney can play G but I wasn't aware Whitley could play center...

Disgusted

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. I don't see us in any better shape than we were last year at this time, as far as qb is concerned. We all know Jay Fiedler is not our answer and were, most of us anyway, outraged when we didn't get rid of him. Picks and overthrows are his forte. He can't throw the long ball, quick, short slants are what he does. And, yet again, we have unproven qb's as backup. When is this FO going to get serious and get some serious depth at qb? Do we have to have another playoff-less (is that a word) season for them to wise up?

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. I don't see us in any better shape than we were last year at this time, as far as qb is concerned. We all know Jay Fiedler is not our answer and were, most of us anyway, outraged when we didn't get rid of him. Picks and overthrows are his forte. He can't throw the long ball, quick, short slants are what he does. And, yet again, we have unproven qb's as backup. When is this FO going to get serious and get some serious depth at qb? Do we have to have another playoff-less (is that a word) season for them to wise up?

In no way are we worse than last year, with Fiedler being healthy and Sage adding another year of experience and Feeley the major wildcard (like Griese last year). You can't afford all-pros at every position, would you rather have Manning and lose half the team? I'll admit I wanted an upgrade to Fiedler (actually I just wanted him off the team) but he has been here awhile and is the probably the best bet for a backup we're gonna find at this stage, it's a fate I've resigned myself to :cry:

I understand your position, however

Finsflurry said:

In no way are we worse than last year, with Fiedler being healthy and Sage adding another year of experience and Feeley the major wildcard (like Griese last year). You can't afford all-pros at every position, would you rather have Manning and lose half the team? I'll admit I wanted an upgrade to Fiedler (actually I just wanted him off the team) but he has been here awhile and is the probably the best bet for a backup we're gonna find at this stage, it's a fate I've resigned myself to :cry:

I'm not willing, after all the blood, sweat, tears and dollars I've spent on this team, to resign myself to anything. How long is Sage going to warm the bench learning "our system?" I certainly don't want a rookie like Eli, another one who probably won't play for at least a year. I saw Sage throw a couple good deep completions last year and I was impressed. I'm sick of Fiedler. I don't think he's the best starter - and everytime I remember the games last year where there was throw after throw by him that were overthrown, or picked, and remember his confused look, my blood boils. And AJ Feeley won 4 or 5 games for the Eagles. I don't want all pros. I say give Sage a look during pre-season games, see what he can do. And I guarantee, similar to last year and the year before, Jay will get hurt. He's another one who doesn't seem to stay healthy. I'm just wondering why we can't pick up a Warner or a Brunell, a talented vet who's played in the NFL, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and is not "done for." Or does such an animal exist?

njfinfan said:

Go to anybody elses training camp and you will see the same thing. It hasnt even been a week yet. Save this kind of talk for the pre season.

Lets face it, Fiedler will not get any better but as a starter for our fins we have won a lot of games. I'm hoping we rush the ball 40 -45 times a game and only need Fiedler to throw the ball 20 or less times

njfinfan said:

Theres no way we are worse form last year in any way shape or form. We have our entire offensive line with younger players with more potential then that of our past o-line that has reached there limit on potential. As for Fiedler I agree he doesnt perform well at all as a starter but he wins and he will be a great backup for Feeley.If Fiedler does suck as bad as most are saying then why does miami have winning seasons regardless of not making playoffs? For Feeley we are all uncertain of his Starter Talent but any worse then Jay no, any Better possibly.

Mile High Fin said:
Great report.....
It helps us Fin Fans who live outside Miami....
And Colorado is DEFINITELY outside Miami. All you hear here is Broncos crap...
Thanks!!!

So how is the Broncos' Minicamp going?... ;)

I'm just wondering why we can't pick up a Warner or a Brunell, a talented vet who's played in the NFL, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and is not "done for." Or does such an animal exist?

I think Miami wants a QB thats young and willing and can give Miami many seasons of winning. Not saying A.J is the anwser but if they feel that strong in Feeley then so be it hes the QB. I hope Miami beats the hell out of Washington during preseason. Make Brunell think about his decision :D

I'm just wondering why we can't pick up a Warner or a Brunell, a talented vet who's played in the NFL, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and is not "done for." Or does such an animal exist?

Well thats easy...Brunell is not worth a 3rd round pick at age 34 and Warner is an unknown that might have nothing left in the tank and is just as big if not bigger risk than Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom