Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem

I could live with that though prefer Morris (Iowa0 for ILB.

I fully expect the stealers to go CB or DL. Nobody knows what the Cowboys will do esp Jerruh. I saw a mock where the Rams take Roby at 13; the resulting chaos may allow Martin to drop to 19.

Shazier @ 19 IMO is a bit early. Hopefully, Philly or SF get anxious for Brandin Cooks and trade with Miami. Su'a-Filo & Shazier should both be on the board in the bottom third of round 1

Seen some mocks with Saints trading with Miami for Cooks in order to jump ahead of the Eagles.

Saints get 1st (19)

Miami get 1st (27), 2nd (58)

I take Martin, Su'a Filo, or Moses at #19. If Martin is gone i would try to trade down to get one of the others if possible. Second round go with either a Guard or Tackle(whichever you don't get in the first) or get Borland if he is still out there at #50. Third round go after the RB they want in West, Freeman, or who ever they are interested in because i only see limited backs going before that.

Personally I'm more concerned with Arizona trading ahead of us to take Martin or whatever top tier OT/OG available.

Definite possibility as well. Which would hopefully force the Fins to pick either a S, LB, TE or WR (based on BPA) if they don't trade down.

I'm with mercman, bpa. You get a player that is the best at his position and it can really change your whole team. You don't pass on a possible superstar at any position to fill a hole unless you already have one at that position. We shall see in a couple weeks I suppose.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

If linemen are plug and play, we wouldn't have had the **** storm we had last year.

And how anyone could still advocate a Clabo or McKinnie return is beyond me.
Kinda shakes whatever credibility a person might have around these parts.
But hey, this fanbase is schizo on so many levels.

If linemen are plug and play, we wouldn't have had the **** storm we had last year.

First round linemen are typically ready to play right away, not saying all linemen are plug and play.

I think something that is a definite possibility if a top QB slides is the Fins being able to trade down because of the Cardinals having the #20 pick. Sure they could use help at LB but if one of the top QB's slides to them, they could easily take a QB and let him sit behind Palmer for a year, who will be 35 this season. Then next year when the 2nd year QB is ready to take the reigns the Cardinals could release him with only a $2 million dollar cap hit for 2015 and save $10 million against the cap instead of paying him his $12 million dollar salary.

They are going to need to clear some salary by 2015 because Fitzgerald's cap hit is $23.6 million, with $14.4 million being an automatic cap hit if he is released, Calais Cambell will also have a cap hit of $14.7 million, with a $11 million dollar cap hit if he is released, Patrick Peterson will also need to be resigned as well for more than likely top 5 CB money. That's a ton of coin going out the window for 3 players and having a QB with a relatively low cap hit would be a god send to the Cardinals.

Which is why I think that the Fins sitting at #19 is a perfect spot to trade down with a team who wants a QB but doesn't want to take the chance for the Cards to beat them to the punch.

Good post. I'm wondering what we could get in return, as it would take us out of the first round as a likely trade partner would have already picked. I'm thinking it would start with a high 2nd round pick, a 3rd, and maybe a pick for next year. Not sure that would work, depending on the 2015 pick. I'm guessing it would be a 2nd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...aft-50-jadeveon-clowney-aj-mccarron-to-texans

Here's a 2 round mock from Brooks at NFL. He has Miami taking Martin and ILB Borland in the second.

He has OT's Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan gone. Then, he has Su'a-Filo, Moses, Adn Kouandjio going late 1st, and Bitonio top of the second.

No one has any idea how this draft will shake out in the first two rounds. However, after looking at a number of mocks, the consensus is that there is not going to be a good guy on the OL available with our pick in the 2nd, where I thought there would be. This would be a big problem for Hickey if Miami sees the same happening.

He is likely going to have to make a tuff choice on what to do with #19, and if Martin is also projected to not be there, chances are he will have to make a move, a reach or, have a backup plan for an OT after the draft.

What would you do?

I also have Zach Martin and Chris Borland going 1-2 in my mock. Hell yeah!!!

I don't think anyone wants that but, IF we go another position at #19, it's looking more and more like we will not get a starter for this year in the 2nd. These a fallback options based on what is now available, and it's not good.

What would you do?

I also have Zach Martin and Chris Borland going 1-2 in my mock. Hell yeah!!!

I would have no problem with that, and believe most will agree. I just doubt Martin being there.

Well... with Martin what became evident after rewatching some of his Stanford film is that he was heavily protected by scheme,playcalling, and an offense loaded with NFL talent (which is another trick in projecting players). And the whole being depressed thing was an issue...

The other issue was scheme fit. In a ZBS, you need guards that can pull. Our guards really couldn't pull (Brenner could but wasn't ready to be a starter yet).

The one thing I will say is for our scheme, there are A LOT of decent OL prospects. Still prospects but more OL I'd be willing to take a risk on.

First round linemen are typically ready to play right away, not saying all linemen are plug and play.

My comment is geared to those still advocating late round players for the oline.

Good post. I'm wondering what we could get in return, as it would take us out of the first round as a likely trade partner would have already picked. I'm thinking it would start with a high 2nd round pick, a 3rd, and maybe a pick for next year. Not sure that would work, depending on the 2015 pick. I'm guessing it would be a 2nd.

I think if Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 they would definitely be a candidate. Trade them #19 for their 25th (or 26th pic, I can't remember) Plus their second round pick. If Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 I'm praying this happens. Question is does Farmer have the balls to pass on not one but possibly two franchise QB's when they could be on their board with the 4th pick. It could be possibly a GM career ending mistake to not select a QB early & have one of them blow up, while the 2nd tier QB candidate totally flops and you set tbe franchise back another 3 -5 years.

Back
Top Bottom