Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Round Mock from NFL & Hickey's Potential Problem

I don't think anyone wants that but, IF we go another position at #19, it's looking more and more like we will not get a starter for this year in the 2nd. These a fallback options based on what is now avoidable, and it's not good.

What would you do?

I wouldn't sit at 19. Either trade up or trade back. Get your man to help solidify that oline. Right now I see alot of decent talent past the top 3 oline prospects. But with recent history this staff and FO must gget this right, this year. Another 50 sacm season is unacceptable.
In a dream world I trade back and pick up the guard Sua-Filo while hopefully getting an extra 3rd round pick. 2nd round leaves alot there to be had, a luxury pick, IMO. While 2 thirds could help finish the search for oline depth and talent. If Right tackle remains a issue in preseason, you make move to bring someone to fix it.

One way or another I would spend 3 of my top 4 picks on the line.

I think if Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 they would definitely be a candidate. Trade them #19 for their 25th (or 26th pic, I can't remember) Plus their second round pick. If Cleveland passes on a QB at 4 I'm praying this happens. Question is does Farmer have the balls to pass on not one but possibly two franchise QB's when they could be on their board with the 4th pick. It could be possibly a GM career ending mistake to not select a QB early & have one of them blow up, while the 2nd tier QB candidate totally flops and you set tbe franchise back another 3 -5 years.

I think this is our best bet. Their 25th and a second would be good

I also have Zach Martin and Chris Borland going 1-2 in my mock. Hell yeah!!!
Thought about you Roman as soon as I seen this mock,seems like
you and Bucky are thinking alike.But we all know on Finheaven who had there mock up first.:up:

If there is an opportunity to do so; I would like to trade into the latter part of the draft, with a team like the 49rs for example. Doing so will give us a better chance to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd Rnd, and thus increasing our chances to find 2 OL players that can contribute early. I like this scenario specially if Martin is not there when we pick.

Seriously? You want to trade down to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick given the way the Dolphins screw up their second and third round picks every year? We may have a new GM doing the picking, but it is the same scouting staff feeding him the information about the prospects.

I would rather trade up and guarantee a top notch starting quality offensive tackle or stay put and take BPA than to trade down and screw up the pick.

WellI wouldn't trade pick unless u get above value before our pick. Wait till we see who is there on the clock.
If Martin or Lewan are still there u take them, Ebron another possibility. If none of those guys are there trade down.
TAke another lineman early, possible linebacker or corner. Safety if top level guy is there.
Don't take Wr unless prospect falls too far to pass on.

Seriously? You want to trade down to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick given the way the Dolphins screw up their second and third round picks every year? We may have a new GM doing the picking, but it is the same scouting staff feeding him the information about the prospects.

I would rather trade up and guarantee a top notch starting quality offensive tackle or stay put and take BPA than to trade down and screw up the pick.

So you would rather trade up and LOSE picks in a deep draft or take BPA at a position we might not even need (ala Jordan so people can moan about it for months) than trade down still pick up a top notch O lineman (Xavier Su'a-Filo ?) AND have extra picks in a deep draft...

I swear dolphin fans walk around with this dreadful, loser mindset. How about we give Hickey a chance to make a single pick before we complain about him potentially screwing up a draft?

1. BPA or trade down with Cleveland or SF.
2. Ja'Wuan James RT regardless. Could perhaps be better than any LT that everyone wants in the 1st at his natural position.

How about we give Hickey a chance to make a single pick before we complain about him potentially screwing up a draft?

Because we're Dolphins fans? Because we have lived through fifteen years of incompetent drafting across multiple GMs, of which Jeff Ireland and his six years of disastrous drafts were the norm? Because we all saw the process under which Hickey was hired, a process where more competent candidates were rejected or voluntarily removed themselves from consideration due to Ross's bromance with Philbin?

I'm sorry, but this franchise doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore from this fan. I'll believe Ross has chosen a competent GM after that GM has given us several stellar draft classes and a few stellar off-seasons of free agency.

With the latest CBA the draft is so unpredictable. I think there have been something like 12 (not 100% sure) day one trades in the last two drafts, so anything goes and as deep as this draft is no telling how it's going to go. If the QB's don't go at the top of the round I look for teams that need a QB to get back into round one and #19 might be where they start looking. Adding that extra year for a round one QB it HUGE for teams both developmentally and financially.

LT - Albert
LG - Z. Martin
C - Pouncey
RG - Shelley
RT - Flemming/James/Mewhort

Garner/Brenner/D. Thomas/Fox

Not bad.

If that is the o-line for the 2014 season then the o-line will be an utter disaster and just as bad as last year. Aside from the upgrade at LT, the rest of the unit might actually be worse or at best equal to last year.

A few things
* I have said for weeks now that Morgan Moses IS a 1st round pick
* If the draft fell the way Brooks states, Miami gets two solid, high character and productive kids
* If the draft went this way, I would think long and hard about Shazier at 19 and James at 50....I think Martin goes before the Fins pick. Plus, Martin will be okay at tackle, but a stud inside.

Shazier is a beast, but is a bit too small. I would develop Dion Jordan first. He and Shazier are pretty much the same player.

Shazier is a beast, but is a bit too small. I would develop Dion Jordan first. He and Shazier are pretty much the same player.

Can you clarify how Jordan and Shazier are pretty much the same player?

At any rate, if the draft unfolds that way, I'm taking Shazier and Ward, and I'm dancing all the way to the bank.

Meds?

4.6 40, 32.5 vert, 10'1 broad jump, 4.35 20-yard shuttle compared to 4.3 40, 42 vert, 10'8 broad jump, and 4.21 20-yard shuttle?

237lbs isn't that small; Lavonte David, Kiko Alonso, Mason Foster, Lawerence Timmons, and even Kevin Burnett is around that weight.

If that is the o-line for the 2014 season then the o-line will be an utter disaster and just as bad as last year. Aside from the upgrade at LT, the rest of the unit might actually be worse or at best equal to last year.

I kinda agree. I don't think no team wants two rookies along the O-Line, especially one that has just gave up 50+ sacks. Dallas Thomas is going to win the RG spot so there is no need to pick one early imo and Smith projects as a better LG than RG, plus you put him in between two Pro Bowlers.

LT-Albert
LG-Smith
C-Pouncey
RG-Thomas
RT- James/Fox depending on health

Garner/Brenner/Fox/Wesley Johnson

This is a crazy draft. In the first, we could end up with a player at like any of 6 different positions.

Back
Top Bottom