Tyler Eifert at #12 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert at #12

This is the guy I want at 12. There's no such thing at taking a guy too high who's going to help you score touchdowns. Ridiculous!

Well since Keller is signed i dont see us drafting Tyler Eifert, as much as i would love this pick we now have other needs, CB, DE in no order BPA at this position unless a top 5 drops to us.

What he said. Also, its a little high for Eifert, but would I be crying? No. I think we will draft a TE within the first two rounds.
IMO taking Zach Ertz in the 2nd round would be a better pick than spending the 12th pick on Eifert. Ertz is on par with Eifert, giving Eifert a slight edge.

Well since Keller is signed i dont see us drafting Tyler Eifert, as much as i would love this pick we now have other needs, CB, DE in no order BPA at this position unless a top 5 drops to us.

Keller is only signed for 1 year. That's either a "show me" contract to prove he is healthy and productive, or a "caretaker" contract as insurance until the draftee adjusts to the NFL. I definitely see us drafting a TE, and Eifert makes a lot of sense. He's the best TE, he blocks, is a red zone target, and is effective on seam routes. Keller at his best cannot block and isn't a red zone target ... he is only a seam threat.

ertz at 2a is a better idea. Let him learn behind keller for a year.

Why Keller just took Clay's job. We still need a starting TE who can play on the line and get down the field. That's still a need, unless they have 100% changed up their play book.

Right on the money
Tough call because, honestly, this draft is almost at the point that 6-25 is really an even field of guys; there's very little if any separation/tiering between those players, imo. Nothing can surprise me in those picks.

too high for a te

People who think this probably think LTs can only be found in the first round. TEs are a huge part of the offense now and well worth the #12 spot if they are as talented as Eifert.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Eifert and Keller 2 TE set? Yes please!

We get Eifert, we are trading down. We wont take him at 12 beacuse......
Rhodes is the guy at 12 IMO based on Ireland's likes of big CB's and draft value. if we trade down, Tampa will take him at 13 IMO.

According to Ben volin's new depth chart and snippets, which means he has talked to the team in this regard, has us looking for a blocking type TE who is versatile.

Only two guys fit that mold IMO in Eifert and Kelcie. Ertz is a guy who can block if needed and he may just be on our radar but he is not a "practicing" blocker. We may just coach him up in this regard if he is our guy.

Ireland obviously has big plans for the draft. Cant wait til April 25th cus its gonna be a bit crazy IMO.

Well unless they use both of them im ok with that, just be need CB and DE.

I have no problem with drafting Tyler Eifert. When all is said and done, he would go down as the best & most talented all-around TE the Dolphins have ever had in their history.

Yes, that's easily worth a 1st round pick.... especially in this offensive scheme.

Back
Top Bottom