Tyler Eifert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert

Trade down 6-8 spots for a 3rd. Take Eifert there. If you have seen this guy in the red zone, both at TE and split out, you know he is the red zone option we haven't had since Orande Gadsden.

Looking at more of his film, I'd say Eifert is the highest ranked TE coming out since Kellen Winslow. Eifert is a strong route runner and has body control and adjusts to the ball better thn a lot of WR's

Looking at more of his film, I'd say Eifert is the highest ranked TE coming out since Kellen Winslow. Eifert is a strong route runner and has body control and adjusts to the ball better thn a lot of WR's

agreed catches as good of a jump ball as i have seen

What makes Eifert great is not just the catching of the ball but his blocking. Ertz is a nice TE and one I wouldnt mind having but Eifert is a great blocker. His stats dropped a little from last year but he really worked on his blocking and that is what coaches/scouts love about him. His size is incredible while still having that athletic ability.

If ever there was a prospect that screamed a Philbin type player this one is it.

I wouldnt care about picking him at 12. Just think about comparing him to Ted Ginn's family at 9. This guy brings instant impact to the offense. You can get a great WR in any round really cus most WR's take 2-3 years to get going. I dont base picking a player on what his draft status is according to draft sites because it changes days up until the draft.

The thing you absolutely must draft is a player who will start day one and make a difference and who fits your team. Thats the bottom line cus once the play starts, people wont remember where he was drafted in the first round, they will just remember he is a good one. Think Pouncey. There is no such thing IMO in drafting a great player at any position too high since there are so many who either are partial busts or do not have that starting impact.

What makes Eifert great is not just the catching of the ball but his blocking. Ertz is a nice TE and one I wouldnt mind having but Eifert is a great blocker. His stats dropped a little from last year but he really worked on his blocking and that is what coaches/scouts love about him. His size is incredible while still having that athletic ability.

If ever there was a prospect that screamed a Philbin type player this one is it.

I wouldnt care about picking him at 12. Just think about comparing him to Ted Ginn's family at 9. This guy brings instant impact to the offense. You can get a great WR in any round really cus most WR's take 2-3 years to get going. I dont base picking a player on what his draft status is according to draft sites because it changes days up until the draft.

The thing you absolutely must draft is a player who will start day one and make a difference and who fits your team. Thats the bottom line cus once the play starts, people wont remember where he was drafted in the first round, they will just remember he is a good one. Think Pouncey. There is no such thing IMO in drafting a great player at any position too high since there are so many who either are partial busts or do not have that starting impact.

couldn't have said it better.. Eifert is the perfect Philbin player.. perfect fit for our offense.... In a really week top 15.. one of the weaker top of the draft classes in years... why not take Eifert at #12? there is pass rush galore available in FA and 2nd-3rd round

No doubt he could be a great player....... however..

#12 pick.. id perfer to move up... instead of move back... ( you move back and he gets picked up before your pick.... dumb)

picking TE in the first round to me is a luxury pick.... id perfer to Dolphins to sign J. Finley (likely to be released) .... and upgrade the TE position without using a draft pick.

Go DE at #12...to start play opposite Wake ... get more pressure on the QB.

sign a veteran TE and WR to be playmakers on offense.......

Eifert has a chance of being special, and dominant in Miami's offense, Finley hasn't been dominant for a while now. Eifert has proven to be a weapon while being a team player, Finley has not been much of a team player lately. Eifert really could be special tyt pe of player, and even taking him at 12, would not upset me....we need playmakers on offense, and he is going to be one in a huge way.

I love Eifert, but I think Miami needs to get a tight end in free agency. Take care of that position and then draft BPA, which likely will be a pass rusher in round 1. Then I'd look for a developmental tight end in the 4th-7th round range. You never know with trade downs either. The Dolphins could trade down 8 spots only to find Eifert picked one spot before them.

I'm a little concerned with long-range speed with Eifert. He's a great target, but I'm really interested in his 40. 12 is rich for TE, and if I'm drafting one that high, I want a superstar ceiling.

I know everyone wants a TE as fast or faster than Vernon Davis but I look at production, route running, body control and big game plays which Eifert has all of. Plus he is an above average blocker.

Gronkowski would have been a late 1st rounder if not for major injury concerns. Here is Gronkowski's combine numbers which as long as Eifert runs at 4.70 or better should cement his status as a mid 1st round pick.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/04/gronkowski_comb.html

I like him a lot but 12 might be a little rich. I would not be upset if we did reach a bit given the importance of a upper tier TE to a young QB. If we passed I think Ertz in the 2nd or maybe Fauria later as he is a good red zone and seam threat though not a good blocker....at all.

I'm concerned about Fauria. We already have a soft TE who is too weak to block anyone in Egnew

I'm concerned about Fauria. We already have a soft TE who is too weak to block anyone in Egnew

Yup, definitely not unreasonable to compare them, but Fauria did trend well and improved each year as a receiving threat. Definitely has some receiving production as a Sr for UCLA. More of a 4-5th rounder unless he shows some blocking ability in the off season workouts. We'd probably be best served at signing Cook or Finley

i say pick him at 12. screw draft status/experts. this guy has pro bowl written all over him. why let the rich get richer?

why pick someone who might have ?

this guy doesnt.

and TE is our biggest hole if Fasano gone.

i say pick him at 12. screw draft status/experts. this guy has pro bowl written all over him. why let the rich get richer?
why pick someone who might have ?this guy doesnt.
and TE is our biggest hole if Fasano gone.

Correct. This nonsense that 12 is too rich for a TE is just that, nonsense. This guy is a matchup nightmare for a defensive coordinator and can be elite. He will make everyone in the offense better simply because the defense really needs to account for him.
If Gronkowski is healthy in the SB, the Pats beat the Giants. Eifert is in that mold.

Correct. This nonsense that 12 is too rich for a TE is just that, nonsense. This guy is a matchup nightmare for a defensive coordinator and can be elite. He will make everyone in the offense better simply because the defense really needs to account for him.
If Gronkowski is healthy in the SB, the Pats beat the Giants. Eifert is in that mold.

and he helps any rookie RT blocking. A great blocking TE makes the defense more indecisive on whether run or pass.He also can split out for quick hits for first downs. He is a weapon any way you slice it.

You want to get a TE in FA? fine! now you have two very good TE'S and the envy of BB.

Back
Top Bottom