Tyson v. McBride | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyson v. McBride

byroan said:
Certainly we're all entitled to our opinions. But I disagree with you. Douglas should have never won that fight. When Tyson knocked him down the referee didn't start the count right away. He kept moving Tyson back and didn't start the count. Because of that Douglas was allowed to get back up and eventually win the fight. The fight should have been over right there.

Mike Tyson was the Youngest Heavyweight Champion of all time. He's fought all the best possible fights he could have. To say he handpicked them would be ignorant. We see plenty of other fighters fighting journeyman but none of them dominant the first round like Tyson use to. To also say he has never beat anyone good in his career would also be a lie. How can you say Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Ruddock, Frans Botham Frank Bruno, Alex Stewart, Carl Williams, Michael Spinks, Andrew Golota, Tony Tucker, Clifford Etienne etc.. aren't good fighters? Mike fought & destroyed 4 boxers who were, like him, undefeated at the time he fought them. Tucker, Biggs, Spinks, and Mathis. Perhaps you should watch the fights instead of putting him down.

I also won't go on about how he revived boxing. IMO Tyson lost the people he needed most after signing with Don King. Tyson bought in to Kings BS. King gave Mike an entourage, cars, money, etc. But failed to give him tools to stay at the top.

Dude, read that list of "great" fighters again. Cmon, Holmes, Spinks were WAY past their prime and the others are not legit. Sorry but he ducked Holyfield before he went to prison, never fought Bowe and lost to the only legit fighters he fought. Lewis and Holyfield were the only true heavyweight champs he fought, and coincedently he got annhiliated. Tyson was a fraud. King set up patsies for him. He fought over the hill fighters and chumps. He was a good fighter young, he could have been called an alltime great if he had fought the greats. Ali, Sugar Ray, etc fought the greats and won. Not the likes of Biggs, Tucker, etc. You cannot be an alltime great with that list. King shielded him and gave him setups to get fanfavorite 2round ko's. Never had a great fight against a great fighter period.
He lost to Douglas, that is delusional Don King BS that he won that fight. He got WASTED by Douglas plain and simple. King ruined Tyson's career and kept him from greatness. He is a mediacreated alltime great, not a real one. Bowe, Lewis and Holyfield were all better champs than him.

finfansince72 said:
Dude, read that list of "great" fighters again. Cmon, Holmes, Spinks were WAY past their prime and the others are not legit. Sorry but he ducked Holyfield before he went to prison, never fought Bowe and lost to the only legit fighters he fought. Lewis and Holyfield were the only true heavyweight champs he fought, and coincedently he got annhiliated. Tyson was a fraud. King set up patsies for him. He fought over the hill fighters and chumps. He was a good fighter young, he could have been called an alltime great if he had fought the greats. Ali, Sugar Ray, etc fought the greats and won. Not the likes of Biggs, Tucker, etc. You cannot be an alltime great with that list. King shielded him and gave him setups to get fanfavorite 2round ko's. Never had a great fight against a great fighter period.
He lost to Douglas, that is delusional Don King BS that he won that fight. He got WASTED by Douglas plain and simple. King ruined Tyson's career and kept him from greatness. He is a mediacreated alltime great, not a real one. Bowe, Lewis and Holyfield were all better champs than him.

I don't really feel like arguing. He was the youngest heavyweight champ of all time. Enough said.

LIQUID24 said:
I know a lot depressed Tyson fans right now. At first I was laughing, but then I remembered how I felt when Roy Jones (one of my favorite fighters) lost. I felt sick to my stomach, even worse than when the Dolphins lose. I imagine you guys feel that way right now...I'm sure it sucks.

I'm not that big of a fan. I do wish he was still in his prime though.

byroan said:
I don't really feel like arguing. He was the youngest heavyweight champ of all time. Enough said.

So? Cmon being the youngest at something doesnt mean a heck of a lot. That doesnt make you one of the greatest.

finfansince72 said:
Well I hope this puts to rest the notion that Tyson is a legit fighter anymore. He's easily the most overrated athlete Ive ever seen. He's never beaten a good fighter in his career. Why people place him in company with the greats is beyond me. He handpicked weak competition and knocked them out in 1 round for years. Once he stepped in with real competition he was exposed. Buster Douglas beat him in his prime, the guy's a straight up loser. People need to watch his fights instead of believing the hype. Overrated chump.

Tyson sucks! Hasn't done anything in about 15 years

byroan said:
What's wrong with being a fan of him? Certainly I'm not a fan of what he does outside of the ring. But when he steps into the ring i'm a huge fan. He was a horrible person but a great fighter.
1) He still is a horrible person

2) just because the guy can (could) box doesn't mean you ignore things like RAPE! That is like rooting for the Son of Sam in a chess tournament. Against the whole psyco killer thing, but man he is a hell of a chess player.! Nice logic!

LIQUID24 said:
Oh god, this is the exact reason I hate Tyson fans. Most delusional fans on earth, they have an excuse for everything. You do realize a ref's 10 count is rarely exactly 10 seconds? It's ALMOST ALWAYS more than 10 seconds. Not only that, Douglas was exactly aware of the count. He got up when he needed to, not a second earlier. If by chance the ref's count was faster, Douglas still would've gotten up in time, because he was always fully aware of the count.

Face it, Douglas DOMINATED that fight from start to finish (other than the knockdown).

:0wned: Thank you. Nice post!

finfansince72 said:
So? Cmon being the youngest at something doesnt mean a heck of a lot. That doesnt make you one of the greatest.

I guess you'll say his 44 knockouts don't make him one of the greatest either.

byroan said:

He isn't in the Top 5 of all time. After last night, probably not Top 10.

MikeO said:
He isn't in the Top 5 of all time. After last night, probably not Top 10.

I take every opinion of yours with a grain of salt.

byroan said:
I take every opinion of yours with a grain of salt.

I don't even take your opinions. I just use them for a good laugh! :rofl3:

And if he is in your top 5 or top 10, I would love to see those lists. So, run it off!

MikeO said:
I don't even take your opinions. I just use them for a good laugh! :rofl3:

Good for you. Thankfully from now on I won't even see your opinions. BTW, if you want to see someone being owned. Go back and read 3P's response to you earlier. :shakeno:

byroan said:
Good for you. Thankfully from now on I won't even see your opinions.

Still waiting to see that list that has Tyson in the Top 5 or Top 10 of all time.

Guess I will keep waiting....:lol:

byroan said:

Why would it? Because he handpicked guys that did not deserve title bouts to pummel them in a round or 2 so he could pick up a 7-8 figure paycheck? Tyson is a fraud. He had a legit shot at greatness but he and Don King chose to take the money and its his legacy- quickie knockouts of chump talent. Tyson never beat a great fighter in his prime, never came close.

Back
Top Bottom