U of L v. West Virginia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U of L v. West Virginia

zachequalsgod

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's less than two weeks away and both teams have a bye this week. This game could potentially reveal 1/2 of the National Championship game. I've been waiting all year for this game.

Let's talk some football.

Man, I've been waiting so ****ing long for this one. This is really UofL's year if you ask me. I love it. Sucks Bush isn't going to be there, but Smith and Stripling have been doing well. Brohm is going to tear them up too.

And on a side note, I just played this game on NCAA today and beat those ****ers 31-10 :wink: Home it's a sign of things to come :yes:

Go 'Ville!!!

i dunno who to root for. this is going to be an amazing game. probably the best thursday game ever!

UF Fin Kat said:
i dunno who to root for. this is going to be an amazing game. probably the best thursday game ever!

lol, watch it end up being completely onesided or like a 6-3 game now that you have said that. :lol:

It's going to be a point-festival. I really see both offenses being able to put up TONS of points. However, HysterikiLL, WVU wins by 7. :wink:

HOW 'BOUT 'DEM 'EERS!!!

Frisches13283 said:
lol, watch it end up being completely onesided or like a 6-3 game now that you have said that. :lol:

That would be very unlikely. They would have to be playing in a blizzard or something for that kind of score. I say the winner of this game puts up near 40 points.

WVU is hard to run on but they have let teams pass on them this season. Brohm is going to have to have a good game in order to beat WVU.

WVU is gonna run the ball we all know that. I expect them to try and get Pat White to toss a few balls early to lossen things up. I just really see both teams scoring alot of points.

I think WVU is the better team and will give UofL their only loss this season. Looking forward to this one.

Let's Goooooo Mountaineers!!!

I think the key is U of L's defense. They have been consistently stopping the run this year. They're going to do what UConn did and load the box and make Pat White throw the ball. We have way better players in the secondary than UConn, and they will make the plays that UConn coudn't. To be honest with you I'm more worried about playing at Pitt and Rutgers than I am about playing WVU at home. WVU's defense doesn't scare anyone. Mark my words Brohm WILL pick their defense apart.

U of L 41
WVU 21

LouPhinFan said:
I think the key is U of L's defense. They have been consistently stopping the run this year. They're going to do what UConn did and load the box and make Pat White throw the ball. We have way better players in the secondary than UConn, and they will make the plays that UConn coudn't. To be honest with you I'm more worried about playing at Pitt and Rutgers than I am about playing WVU at home. WVU's defense doesn't scare anyone. Mark my words Brohm WILL pick their defense apart.

U of L 41
WVU 21

Noted!

Hopefully Brohm is back to his old self for the game. I'd love to see U of L win big in this one.

I want to see Louisville play for 4 Quarters. IMO they havn't played 4 quarters of football this season. They usually come out soft in the first half. If they come out soft against WV, look out. I think people overlook Louisville's D because their offense is SO productive, but this Defense is not a push over.

20-37 Louisville.

I'm excited to see how the "black out" concept works out.

GO CARDS!!!!!!

Our passing game "when needed" has been very efficient... I believe i read somewhere that pat white completed 70% of his throws

This game will come down to defense, and who has the ball on the final posession

WVU- 31
Louisville - 24

WestVirginiaFan said:
Our passing game "when needed" has been very efficient... I believe i read somewhere that pat white completed 70% of his throws

Pat White currently has a completion precentage of 68.8%. He has attempted 93 passes and completed 64, that for 7 games!:eek:

Brohm's percentage now stands at 60.6%, 83 completed with 137 attempts and that's for 4.5 games (approximately).

I'll be honest with you, I don't think WVU can win the game if they have to throw the ball. You've got a sophomore, run-first QB who's only attempted 93 passes all season against suspect teams and he's got to throw the ball against a better than average defense? That's a receipe for disaster if I've ever seen one. This won't be UConn's defense blowing coverages and letting him throw to wide open receivers! He's going to actually have throw to covered men! I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening if they don't get their running game going.

zachequalsgod said:
I want to see Louisville play for 4 Quarters. IMO they havn't played 4 quarters of football this season. They usually come out soft in the first half. If they come out soft against WV, look out. I think people overlook Louisville's D because their offense is SO productive, but this Defense is not a push over.

20-37 Louisville.

I'm excited to see how the "black out" concept works out.

GO CARDS!!!!!!

what's the black out concept?

personally I'd like to see the "white out" concept....get it...white out...pat white....... :whistle: :lol:

anyway, can't wait for this game. The game that made me a UofL fan was a thursday night game -- that game against FSU a few years ago. Ragone was the QB...overtime win :drool:

LouPhinFan said:
Pat White currently has a completion precentage of 68.8%. He has attempted 93 passes and completed 64, that for 7 games!:eek:

Brohm's percentage now stands at 60.6%, 83 completed with 137 attempts and that's for 4.5 games (approximately).

I'll be honest with you, I don't think WVU can win the game if they have to throw the ball. You've got a sophomore, run-first QB who's only attempted 93 passes all season against suspect teams and he's got to throw the ball against a better than average defense? That's a receipe for disaster if I've ever seen one. This won't be UConn's defense blowing coverages and letting him throw to wide open receivers! He's going to actually have throw to covered men! I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening if they don't get their running game going.

If WVU can't run the ball and has to throw the ball to win then yes UofL should win the game. That is one big IF.

WVU will run the ball and they will break off a few big runs as well. Will they run the ball effectively every time.. No. They will run the ball and I don't think anyone in the country can stop it.

WVU will run the ball and UofL will pass it. Neither team can effectively stop either offense from doing what they do best. The hope is to limit big plays and hope for the other team to make mistakes on O.

Here is why I think WVU wins the game.

*Special Teams*
WVU has the better return game in both PR and KR. WVU also does better on Kick Coverage. Keep an eye on starting field postion in this game. I think it will lead to WVU having the shorter field and being able to put presure on UofL.

Turnovers are always key to any game and both teams hold onto the ball well. If WVU can score early they put pressure on UofL to try and force passes. WVU has been pretty good at picking off the QB this season and hopefully we can get a few tossed our way in this game.

WVU wins the game, I don't like picking scores so I will not attempt it. Should be a great game though. Here's to no one getting hurt and the BigEast putting on the best show in football this year.

Back
Top Bottom