U of L v. West Virginia | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U of L v. West Virginia

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Here is why I think WVU wins the game.

*Special Teams*
WVU has the better return game in both PR and KR. WVU also does better on Kick Coverage. Keep an eye on starting field postion in this game. I think it will lead to WVU having the shorter field and being able to put presure on UofL.
That's a good point. U of L's return and coverage on special teams has been subpar this year.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Turnovers are always key to any game and both teams hold onto the ball well. If WVU can score early they put pressure on UofL to try and force passes. WVU has been pretty good at picking off the QB this season and hopefully we can get a few tossed our way in this game.

The big thing you have to do to get Brohm to throw interceptions is apply pressure. WVU's pass rush has gotten better, but its still nothing to be feared. U of L has a big, strong, experienced O-line. We'll just have to see what happens there...
ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
WVU wins the game, I don't like picking scores so I will not attempt it. Should be a great game though. Here's to no one getting hurt and the BigEast putting on the best show in football this year.
Amen to that. All the people that keep saying "Big Least" will eat crow after this game.

Here's to a great game for both teams!

GO CARDS!!

If WVU can't run the ball and has to throw the ball to win then yes UofL should win the game. That is one big IF.

WVU will run the ball and they will break off a few big runs as well. Will they run the ball effectively every time.. No. They will run the ball and I don't think anyone in the country can stop it.

WVU will run the ball and UofL will pass it. Neither team can effectively stop either offense from doing what they do best. The hope is to limit big plays and hope for the other team to make mistakes on O.

I agree with that. And the reason that I think WVU struggles is that they havent played a team who can score with them, or even potentially get a lead. They fall behind to UConn but they know UConn doesnt have play makers who can score on any play. WVU can just keep handing the ball off knowing they will break one eventually. If you are playing from behind on a team that can keep scoring it will be interesting to see if they are still patient with the run or if they will try to force White to throw the ball.

We'll just have to wait til next thursday for all the smack talk and predictions come to a rest, and let the real game be played

HysterikiLL said:
what's the black out concept?

All 'Ville fans are wearing black to the game... opposed to the usual red or black. It should look really good on TV. I really wanted to be there for this game, but my pocket hurt looking at these tickets on eBay.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Here's to no one getting hurt and the BigEast putting on the best show in football this year.

:ffic: Totally agree. I also look forward to what is going to be a great rivalry.

I know everyone is stuck on Louisville's passing game, but what about these running backs? After losing Bush in the season opener, they are still averaging 216 yrds/game. No, these are not outstanding numbers, BUT when you consider what a blow losing bush is this = outstanding numbers. You've got to mention Stripling and Smith.

BTW Louisville hasn't lost in the Pizza Box since 2k3.

GO CARDS

LouPhinFan said:
The big thing you have to do to get Brohm to throw interceptions is apply pressure. WVU's pass rush has gotten better, but its still nothing to be feared. U of L has a big, strong, experienced O-line. We'll just have to see what happens there...

Yeah that is sorta the reason we play that funky 3-3-5 stack Defense. I heard on our local radio that if Coach Rod had the players that we would play a more 'Normal' style D. We use the extra DBs or a LB to blitz from different positions in order to mess up blocking schemes and get pressure. Sorta the same way the 3-4 works in NFL. Problem is you can't colapse a pocket with this D and you basically are chasing a QB or hope to catch him not looking.

Few teams use this D and it does give some people problems. With everyone preparing for WVU now and knowing what our D is we haven't been able to get pressure on the QB.

That is why I said it is so important for us to get early leads. The pressure of being behind makes QBs do more then they are game planning to do.

I am sure both coaches have a few tricks they are going to pull out of their bags next week. The 5 wide set UofL did last year really tore us up in the first half but we came out after halftime and did well adjusting.

I just have a feeling Pat White will toss the ball early. If he is sucessfull it will really open up the game plan alot. That said I still think we will run the ball at least twice what we pass it.

Another thing about WVU not geting many sacks this year I think has two major reasons.
1- We are normally playing with a lead and therefore don't blitz much. Along with this our 3 D-linemen are geared more to run stopping then blitzing and we don't get good pressure from them.
2- We have faced some good running type QBs. When pressured with a blitzing DB or LB they have done a good job running away from pressure and buying time. I am not real sure how fast Brohm is but I would bet he will be at least chased and flushed from the pocket. Just depends on if he can find an open guy or out run the blitzer.

Well it sounds like the West Virginia media is trying to fan the flames because Petrino won't let his players talk to them. Here's the story below to explain it to all the West Virginia fans on the board. We aren't dissing your media at all:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006610260441

It seems Nate Harris opened can of worms with what he said before the Miami game...

clear.gif

WestVirginiaFan said:
We'll just have to see. Your team has looked shaky as of late. We'll see if that carries over against our high powered offense

Actually, our offense has looked shaky. Our defense has been stellar so far.

Well best of luck next thursday man, truly, after all this. Atleast represent the big-east in a BCS game if you guys do beat us

zachequalsgod said:
All 'Ville fans are wearing black to the game... opposed to the usual red or black. It should look really good on TV. I really wanted to be there for this game, but my pocket hurt looking at these tickets on eBay.

:ffic: Totally agree. I also look forward to what is going to be a great rivalry.

I know everyone is stuck on Louisville's passing game, but what about these running backs? After losing Bush in the season opener, they are still averaging 216 yrds/game. No, these are not outstanding numbers, BUT when you consider what a blow losing bush is this = outstanding numbers. You've got to mention Stripling and Smith.

BTW Louisville hasn't lost in the Pizza Box since 2k3.

GO CARDS

that to me is the key. if louisville can run they win. if they are forced to pass and brohm's thumb is still affecting him i think they lose. i dont know where they found all these running backs but louisville is doing some nasty recruiting lately

adamprez2003 said:
that to me is the key. if louisville can run they win. if they are forced to pass and brohm's thumb is still affecting him i think they lose. i dont know where they found all these running backs but louisville is doing some nasty recruiting lately

Thats the reason U of L's offense has sputtered lately because they've had trouble running the ball. They tried to start Kolby Smith, but runs best as a back up, coming in to spell the main runner. Against Syracuse last week they started the freshman Anthony Allen and then brought Smith in later and he ended up with over 100 yards and 2 TDs. They use George Stripling in passing situations because he is "Steve Slaton" fast and runs the screen and swing pass to perfection. That's what you'll see in a week. They start Allen, bring Smith in and use Stripling in passing situations. One or 2 of them could end up with over 100 yards.

W Virginia is going down like a bad turd down the toilet, Louisville will flush them, watch and see. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom