U of L v. West Virginia | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U of L v. West Virginia

LouPhinFan said:
Well it sounds like the West Virginia media is trying to fan the flames because Petrino won't let his players talk to them. Here's the story below to explain it to all the West Virginia fans on the board. We aren't dissing your media at all:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006610260441

It seems Nate Harris opened can of worms with what he said before the Miami game...

I heard about that and wondered what was the deal really with not letting players talk to the media. Really it isn't a big deal as far as the game goes. Just you know how media folks are when they can't get access to players and stuff to write their stories. I could really care less either way.

The biggest deal here really in reguards to the game is if the WVU band will get to play at half-time. I guess they told them early on they couldn't play then said they could. So WVU booked the bus tickets and now the band is coming. Now it seems with ESPN running the show and with TV having a set schedule they don't know if there will be time to let the WVU band play. WVU fans love the band and along with the expense to bus them over there it is sorta turning into a fuss.

Really another thing I could care less about since you can't watch the half-time show on TV. It is cool that the band gets to go watch the game even if they don't play at half-time. Anyways just thought I would share that tidbit.

W Virginia is going down like a bad turd down the toilet, Louisville will flush them, watch and see. :evil:

Coming from a canes fan, that says alot

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
The biggest deal here really in reguards to the game is if the WVU band will get to play at half-time. I guess they told them early on they couldn't play then said they could. So WVU booked the bus tickets and now the band is coming. Now it seems with ESPN running the show and with TV having a set schedule they don't know if there will be time to let the WVU band play. WVU fans love the band and along with the expense to bus them over there it is sorta turning into a fuss.

Really another thing I could care less about since you can't watch the half-time show on TV. It is cool that the band gets to go watch the game even if they don't play at half-time. Anyways just thought I would share that tidbit.

Yeah originally they told the WVU band they could play. They had to change it because of all the crap they squeezed into the halftime show. U of L's band is only getting about 3 minutes for their show. The rest of the time is taken up by U of L honoring every Tom, Jane, Dick, and Harry that has every had anything remotely to do with Cardinal Athletics. :rolleyes:

Yeah originally they told the WVU band they could play. They had to change it because of all the crap they squeezed into the halftime show. U of L's band is only getting about 3 minutes for their show. The rest of the time is taken up by U of L honoring every Tom, Jane, Dick, and Harry that has every had anything remotely to do with Cardinal Athletics. :rolleyes:

I think WVU and Louisvilles band should both get to play. Enjoyment for both fans. I herd UoL has a good band. And i've witnessed WVU's band first hand and there very excellent

LET THEM PLAY!!!!!

WestVirginiaFan said:
I think WVU and Louisvilles band should both get to play. Enjoyment for both fans. I herd UoL has a good band. And i've witnessed WVU's band first hand and there very excellent

LET THEM PLAY!!!!!

I was a member of the Cardinal Marching and Pep Bands for 4 years. From what I understand they now have just over 200 members now. That's double what they had when I was there in late 1990's/early 2000. Is it true that WVU has the largest marching band in the country?

I deffinetly say were in the top 3, but i couldnt give you an exact number of how many members we currently have

Were big, i knoiw that

LouPhinFan said:
I was a member of the Cardinal Marching and Pep Bands for 4 years. From what I understand they now have just over 200 members now. That's double what they had when I was there in late 1990's/early 2000. Is it true that WVU has the largest marching band in the country?

WVU Marching band, "The Pride of West Virginia" has 375 members. I have no idea how that ranks nationally.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
WVU Marching band, "The Pride of West Virginia" has 375 members. I have no idea how that ranks nationally.

I'm not sure exactly where they rank, but with 375 members :eek: , they rank pretty high.

Just as example, per their websites:

Ohio State: 225 members, but only 192 march
Penn State: 310
USC: 275
Michigan: 270
I couldn't find a number for Texas's band.

WOW, i'd say that has to be one of the biggest, considering those schools listed are BIG schools and such, and the "big house" michigans has the most seating and such

John Biello said:
wv is going to take them behind the woodshed.

I sure hope so man, i picture it a close game at first, then we get up by 14, there crowed gets out of it and its smooth sailing from there

WestVirginiaFan said:
I sure hope so man, i picture it a close game at first, then we get up by 14, there crowed gets out of it and its smooth sailing from there:monkeyl:

Bring that faith to The Ville, cuz you're leaving with nothing!

USC just made this game a lot bigger than it already was, or should I say Oregon made this game a lot bigger than it already was?

I know i should know this but i cant remember right now, wheres the game played at?

Back
Top Bottom