uh oh slimm.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

uh oh slimm....

Don't get me wrong, I wish we were involved in all of this. I wish one of our players would have stolen a car and then drove Dareus to the party and then supplied him with cocaine and hookers.

****. I'm sick of being the good guy. We need to cheat because I'm sick of watching Randy Shannon lose 5'7 linebackers to Salem State. Cheat to win is what I say. Ric Flair made a career of it and how did he end up. Apparently Alabama is cheating and I see they just won a national title. Apparently Florida is cheating and they aren't too far removed from one either. So good for you dudes because I'm envious. I'm ready to cheat again. Let's level the playing field.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense for Miami to be involved when the big questions are about transportation and lodging. If it's on South Beach then our players have their own rides to and from wherever and stay on campus or right off campus.

That's incorrect.... Alabama isn't cheating...this has nothing to do with the University. This was the decision of an INDIVIDUAL.. a kid (kids in this case) who chose to go to a party hosted by an agent. And as soon as Dareus got there and realized what was going on, he left and came back and reported it to Saban.

Dareus has already provided the receipts to prove that he did indeed pay for his own transportation, and didn't even stay in the room provided for him by Marvin Austin...

Cheating is when University boosters are giving 5 star recruits benefits to attend their school... giving them a competitive advantage. Bama receives no competitive advantage by having kids on their own decide to take money or benefits from NFL agents... the only people that benefit are the agents and the kid receiving the money....

Dareus wasn't even a 5...or 4 star recruit... Neither was Mark Ingram, Javier Arenas, etc...

No I get it. But it's viewed as "cheating" in a large regard whether it's the player or the program. Randy Shannon has our kids so scared that they won't even take an ice cream from a stranger practically lol. I have a friend who owns three chiropractic clinics in South Florida. He used to be with the Hurricanes as a chiropractor back in the late 90's. He said he took Damien Berry and Allen Bailey to lunch a few times recently and said you could see worry in their eyes when he picked up the check lol. That's what you have in Miami today and it sucks. So yeah, I want in on these allegations. These allegations will quickly turn into hope for me. I might even get brave and claim we win the ACC this season.

You've obviously never been through what Bama fans and supporters have had to go through over the years with shady boosters, probations, sanctions, loss of scholarships, lawsuits, politics, attempted murders, etc... all because some kid signed his name on a napkin in a restraunt (Antonio Langham)... or accepted a benefit or two from a booster.

There's a good reason why these kids should be afraid to take an ice cream cone from a stranger... a damn good reason..

From what I'm hearing ,several ACC schools had players there,also.
What the freak kind of party was this? A 2011 pre-draft shindig?
VT will probaly be one of the next schools called.
This thing is BIG.

vt should be called...ole gobbler gonna deny the hell out of everything also...

what's this...mark ingram is being looked into also

Not exactly.... Mark Ingram's trip to D.C. had already been cleared by Alabama and it's compliance department... the NCAA is just tying up loose ends here...

Basically, what this amounts to is the NCAA is investigating Marvin Austin, he could potentially be one of the "runners" for these slimeball agents... That's right... an actual college football player is potentially a "runner" for this illegal contact of agents and amateur athletes.. something TOTALLY unprecendented... And Austin was in D.C. the same time Ingram was, that's why they were looking into Ingram to see if he received any "benefits" either from Austin or the same as Austin... which he didn't .. He's already been cleared...

This investigation by the NCAA seems to be centered around Marvin Austin.... no wonder he can't play football and skates by on his recruiting hype.. he's too busy racking up frequent flyer miles attending parties all over the country in an attempt to set up other collegiate athletes...

Marvin Austin is probably done... but of course, UNC is likely to catch the brunt of it.. if this is true about Austin, UNC could be looking at the death penalty... Especially when you combine it with the fact that the NCAA was already suspicious when all those potential 1st round picks on UNC's defense decided to come back for their senior seasons for some odd reason.... apparently they received some "incentive" to do so....

huh...that's interesting...i was wondering why all those unc players decided to stay in school...

Butch has always been a little suspect in running his programs...

Here's the facts on Marvin Austin.. just shows you how stupid the kid really is... and Butch Davis. One of the "parties" that some of these guys attented in South Beach took place at Frank Gore's house.

According to the NCAA, Marvin Austin has provided over 2,400 twitter updates bragging and leaving a trail of everything that he's been doing the past couple of months. In February he was twittering about how he was "tired of being broke".. and "somebody needs to make it rain".. etc. etc...

He recently spent 2 full weeks in Miami on South Beach...staying in luxury suites and fine hotels that range anywhere from $500 to $1,500 a night... living the VIP lifestyle in clubs and running up tabs in excess of hundreds of dollars and even posting PICTURES OF RECEIPTS where he was spending almost $150 in upscale sunglass stores like The Cheesecake Factory in Washington D.C....

He went from being broke to living the rock star lifestyle in a matter of 3 months...and he provided almost daily evidence as proof he was getting richer. He's a "runner" for rogue agents... and was flashing all of his "cash" as a means to lure other players into the agency that he was "running" for to obtain clients...

As I said, this is unprecendented....

You've obviously never been through what Bama fans and supporters have had to go through over the years with shady boosters, probations, sanctions, loss of scholarships, lawsuits, politics, attempted murders, etc... all because some kid signed his name on a napkin in a restraunt (Antonio Langham)... or accepted a benefit or two from a booster.

There's a good reason why these kids should be afraid to take an ice cream cone from a stranger... a damn good reason..

Who me?? Nah man, just Uncle Luke in the 1980's lol. You know, "Thug U." Yeah, we've seen our share of shady boosters, sanctions, and loss of scholarships.

Who me?? Nah man, just Uncle Luke in the 1980's lol. You know, "Thug U." Yeah, we've seen our share of shady boosters, sanctions, and loss of scholarships.

All the more reason why you should understand why these kids are nervous about accepting anything... no matter how small it is. But the Luther Campbell fiasco is nothing compared to what Bama has been through over the years... not 1/10 of it..

The chiropractor taking these kids out for lunch and picking up the tab becomes an NCAA violation as soon as those two kids suit up and play in their first game after... that's how strict the NCAA rules are.. and it's ridiculous. You don't want the NCAA snooping around your program because of something trivial like that... but it happens. If it is deemed that Berry and Bailey received this "benefit" because of their athletic ability... it's a violation JCANE.. plain and simple... and they knew it... that's why they were worried.

I'm sure Miami's compliance department has pounded it into these kids heads over and over and over again (just like Bama has) that they CANNOT accept these things...

Hell, all Antonio Langham did was sign his name on a napkin in a restraunt saying that agreed to let the agent represent him.... you wouldn't believe the hell Bama caught over that....

Not to mention the whole Logan Young scandal over Albert Means... we're talking violent crimes, attempted murders, all kinds of ****...

It's the Universities responsibility to keep a handle on these "boosters"... because next time it might be the chiropractor buying the kids a laptop, or a pair of headphones, or taking them on a fishing trip, etc., etc..

As I've repeated many times, it's the system that is the problem...

System is definitely flawed. And I know these kids are scared to take anything but it happens everywhere. The NCAA is going to go ape**** over things as trivial as a friendly dinner.

The system is horribly flawed... if the NCAA finds out about those two players receiving a dinner from the chiropractor... they are ineligible... If they play in a game ineligible, then the program is next in line to be punished for it.... the bright side is that if it's only $15 or so, only restitution needs to be paid and possibly a 1 game suspension, etc...

Ridiculous isn't it?

Here's where the double standard comes in... Universities are allowed to give these players $50,000-$80,000 scholarships based on what? Their athletic ability....

Yet the same player can't receive a $15 dinner bought for him based on that same athletic ability? :lol:

You better hope the NCAA doesn't find out about that cheeseburger JCANE.....

Back
Top Bottom