UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

I watched the Tarheels play last night and even though they are young they will be back soon. I find it hard to believe they would not be considered a top 65 team, but they did lose their top 7 scorers.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They are still stacked, and will be a top ten team when March comes along! They are young, but watch out!

I wish you were right but I don't see top 10 at any point. I'll be happy getting to the Tourney.

I watched the Tarheels play last night and even though they are young they will be back soon. I find it hard to believe they would not be considered a top 65 team, but they did lose their top 7 scorers.

There's no doubt we are one of the best 65 but the best 65 don't make the NCAA Tourney b/c of all the automatic bids. I undersatnd why the heels weren't ranked but if they play like they have been they'll be ranked in the next few weeks and if they beat UK Saturday they'll be ranked on Monday.

nyjunc said:
I wish you were right but I don't see top 10 at any point. I'll be happy getting to the Tourney.

There's no doubt we are one of the best 65 but the best 65 don't make the NCAA Tourney b/c of all the automatic bids. I undersatnd why the heels weren't ranked but if they play like they have been they'll be ranked in the next few weeks and if they beat UK Saturday they'll be ranked on Monday.

As I told someone, my brother is the swim coach there, he works with the basketball team in the pool for conditioning. He keeps telling me they are loaded with talent, they are just young.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
As I told someone, my brother is the swim coach there, he works with the basketball team in the pool for conditioning. He keeps telling me they are loaded with talent, they are just young.

I know they have alot of young talent and I do think they'll be pretty good later in the year but not top 10 good, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see top 10. If the heels beat UK Sat maybe I'll change my mind but as of now top 10 is a bit of a stretch.

Down goes KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'm gonna change the title of the thread.

Kentucky is overrated period. They got their pre-season ranking because of who they are (just like OU did this year in football pre-season polls). Carilona will be a solid team this year. They'll lose 10 or 12 games but by the end of the year you will see a lot of their young kids begin to develop. I don't quite think this years class is the class that just graduated 4 first rounders but I think it will be a solid class that will no doubt be a top team by their junior years!

byroan said:
Down goes KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'm gonna change the title of the thread.

Saw that, Illinois finally pulled it out over Xavier after a horrible start. They were down 19-4 at one time I think.

How you gonna start a thread for a team that will struggle to make the NCAA tournament?

GO DUKE UNC *******!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
How you gonna start a thread for a team that will struggle to make the NCAA tournament?

GO DUKE UNC *******!

Feel free to make your own thread for your own team. Trash talk won't be tolerated here.

As I said, UNC will be a top 10 team before March Madness! You heard it from me first!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Kentucky is overrated period. They got their pre-season ranking because of who they are (just like OU did this year in football pre-season polls). Carilona will be a solid team this year. They'll lose 10 or 12 games but by the end of the year you will see a lot of their young kids begin to develop. I don't quite think this years class is the class that just graduated 4 first rounders but I think it will be a solid class that will no doubt be a top team by their junior years!

Of course they are overrated b/c we beat them at their place but I bet the teams duke have played have been great teams? :lol:

Duke looks alot worse than expected and the heels look alot better but I do know duke will never win a title w/ that choker redick being their go to guy.

As I said, UNC will be a top 10 team before March Madness! You heard it from me first!

I hope you are right but remember we are relying on 4 freshman and eventually they'll hit that wall. Remember how we surprised folks after Stack & wallace left? We were great early on then the 2nd half of the ACC season we struggled, same thing in '99 after losing Carter & jamison early along w/ Shammond.

nyjunc said:
I hope you are right but remember we are relying on 4 freshman and eventually they'll hit that wall. Remember how we surprised folks after Stack & wallace left? We were great early on then the 2nd half of the ACC season we struggled, same thing in '99 after losing Carter & jamison early along w/ Shammond.

True, but the also had the big press and pressure that came with it. These kids are under the radar. My brother says they seem to all be good level headed kids also.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
True, but the also had the big press and pressure that came with it. These kids are under the radar. My brother says they seem to all be good level headed kids also.

Those teams had very little pressure b/c of the early losses they suffered to the draft. I'm loving what I am seeing so far but there's still alot of work to be done.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

I don't think that we were overrated at the beginning of the year. On paper we looked pretty good considering Rondo and Sparks both played lights out for national teams over the summer. Right now, UK is playing terrible without anyone trying to rebound at all, and we don't deserve to be ranked at all anymore. I guarantee you that by tournament time Tubby will have this team rebounding and winning. Plus, Morris may or may not be back by then.

and I forgot to mention...
WATCH OUT FOR UNC! Come next year, this team is going to be nuts considering the recruiting class already lined up for next year.

Back
Top Bottom