UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Kentucky is overrated period. They got their pre-season ranking because of who they are (just like OU did this year in football pre-season polls). Carilona will be a solid team this year. They'll lose 10 or 12 games but by the end of the year you will see a lot of their young kids begin to develop. I don't quite think this years class is the class that just graduated 4 first rounders but I think it will be a solid class that will no doubt be a top team by their junior years!

I bet you thought IU was a grat team and a great win for duke? IU just lost to Indiana State last night. face it this duke team came into the year vastkly overrated, they aren't anywhere as good as last year's duke team.

nyjunc said:
I bet you thought IU was a grat team and a great win for duke? IU just lost to Indiana State last night. face it this duke team came into the year vastkly overrated, they aren't anywhere as good as last year's duke team.

I wouldnt go that far. Ewing was a much better player than most gave him credit for but that team is loaded. I dont understand coach k has Reddick take that many shots though, since hes so erratic. Texas and UConn certainly have played better early on but can you really see any ACC team challenging Duke for the title this year? Most expect a 30 win season and they are probably right.

Duke fan...your post was moved to the depths. I already told you that trash talk won't be tolerated in this thread. Saying a team is overrated is not trash talk. Calling a team and someone wack is.

Give me a break man. How can you have a Carilona thread and not allow Duke fans to spit the truth?

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Give me a break man. How can you have a Carilona thread and not allow Duke fans to spit the truth?

I already told you that you could make your own thread. Your opinion is not the truth.

Ferretsquig said:
I wouldnt go that far. Ewing was a much better player than most gave him credit for but that team is loaded. I dont understand coach k has Reddick take that many shots though, since hes so erratic. Texas and UConn certainly have played better early on but can you really see any ACC team challenging Duke for the title this year? Most expect a 30 win season and they are probably right.

This team may have mor talent but it's no nearly as good as last year's team. Paulus & McRoberts have struggled a bit and if they live up to their hype then this team will be better but Ewing was their best all around player and Melchionni was playing much better and Shav was basically giving them what McRoberts has given them- some extra fouls and rebounding.

I dont argue that they are playing better I just dont see a team in the ACC that is any better skill wise. Its not like they will go undefeated through conference play but there is a decent gap between them and BC, state, UNC, Maryland, and the rest.

But if Reddick has one of those games like he consistantly had against Manuel, barely making a third of his shots, then any of those teams can win. I just cant find the next Manuel on this Carolina roster. Noel did hold Reddick scoreless in the short period that he guarded him. Unfortunately hes also the only good post defender that we have.

Ferretsquig said:
I dont argue that they are playing better I just dont see a team in the ACC that is any better skill wise. Its not like they will go undefeated through conference play but there is a decent gap between them and BC, state, UNC, Maryland, and the rest.

But if Reddick has one of those games like he consistantly had against Manuel, barely making a third of his shots, then any of those teams can win. I just cant find the next Manuel on this Carolina roster. Noel did hold Reddick scoreless in the short period that he guarded him. Unfortunately hes also the only good post defender that we have.

I definitely agree duke will win the ACC but a team loaded like this K usualyl has playing great basketball and this duke team has looked anything but against a very weak schedule.

As for the next Jackie, it's going to be Ginyard. He's Jackie w/ some offense.

nyjunc said:

Oh my bad, I forgot junk, UNC losing to Santa Clara in November last year really stopped them from winning it all so I expect Duke to have no chance since they've struggled early on LMAO :lol:!

Hansbrough is just dominating SLU tonight.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Oh my bad, I forgot junk, UNC losing to Santa Clara in November last year really stopped them from winning it all so I expect Duke to have no chance since they've struggled early on LMAO :lol:!

Once again, after that game(in which we played w/o Felton and w/ a freshman PG not ready to play) the heels tore through their sched(a much tougher sched than what duke has faced or will face) and didn't lose again until nearly 2 mos later. The biggest difference is against weak competition duke has yet to look good(except against Might SH) and that has to be alarming for non-duke homers.

byroan said:
Hansbrough is just dominating SLU tonight.

Hansbrough is going to be a star, I just hope he hangs around for 1 more year to play w/ next year's class and get us back to the FF. He is so much better than McRoberts right now that they aren't even comparable and McRoberts has much more experienced talent around him. obviously Hansbrough is goin to have better #s but watching the 2 play they aren't even close. McRoberts looks like the next Newton/Burgess/Thompson/Shav. :lol:

This team is so young that they will win some gams they shouldn't(UK) and lose some games they should which makes last nigth's W very impressive. Playing a lower rung team they easily could have lost focus. I was very impressed w/ SL, that Freshman Liddell is a damn good player.

nyjunc said:
Hansbrough is going to be a star, I just hope he hangs around for 1 more year to play w/ next year's class and get us back to the FF. He is so much better than McRoberts right now that they aren't even comparable and McRoberts has much more experienced talent around him.

No worries on that one....Hansbrough is going to be around for a while. NBA teams dont draft undersized, hard working post players. It wouldnt matter what the two players did this year, McRoberts still would be the higher drafted player.....simply for his ability to shoot and handle the ball.

This recruiting class was great....reminicent of the Heinrich/Collison combo Roy had at Kansas. Both should be great college players yet not flashy enough to have people asking them if they are going pro every year. The one thing that was always annoying about Felton and McCants was that they were NBA players the minute they walked into Smith center. UNC was just a place to showcase their talents and drive up their draft stock.

No worries on that one....Hansbrough is going to be around for a while. NBA teams dont draft undersized, hard working post players. It wouldnt matter what the two players did this year, McRoberts still would be the higher drafted player.....simply for his ability to shoot and handle the ball.

I disagree, McRoberts has shown very little while hansborugh has shown a tenacity and some good low post moves. McRob is very slight and he has shown little toughness, he'll get eaten alive at the next level until he gets tougher. Ty isn't ready yet eaither but his toughness would allow him to compete and he'd be drafted higher based on that and what he has shown so far. Remember before Shave got to Durham he was considered an NBA Lottery pick too and he has all the skils McRob has.

This recruiting class was great....reminicent of the Heinrich/Collison combo Roy had at Kansas. Both should be great college players yet not flashy enough to have people asking them if they are going pro every year. The one thing that was always annoying about Felton and McCants was that they were NBA players the minute they walked into Smith center. UNC was just a place to showcase their talents and drive up their draft stock.

Yeah but playing and playing well at UNC will always get the NBA questions. I think Ty is a 2 yr player but I would not be shocked if he left after this year IF the year continues to go the way it has so far for him. No one expected JR Smith to go to the NBA either and everyone thougt May was a 4 yr guy- things change. Obviously I hope you are right b/c if they are 3-4 year guys they may leave w/ not 1 but 2 titles(at least 2 FFs) so we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom