UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

WTF? They act like this is a big upset. Our young players were exposed.

Is that Ndiaye related to the one that played one inglorious season with the heels?

Anyways...ugly sloppy game. The team just isnt good enough to win when they have an off night shooting either. Its going to be live or die from the three point line all season.

byroan said:
WTF? They act like this is a big upset. Our young players were exposed.

I like that theys tormed the vourt, it's a sign of respect. For a few years there no one was storming the court after they beat us.

Ugly, ugly game but not unexpected. W/ such a young team they are going to have nights like that. They were just out of it from the beginning, they got outhustled all night which is the first time all year I have seen that then the 3's just wouldn't stop dropping. They all weren't open looks either, phenomenal shooting by USC.

The worst part of the loss was having to stay up until 12:30AM to watch it. I hate West Coast games!

Is that Ndiaye related to the one that played one inglorious season with the heels?

No relation to Mahktar and he actually played 2 years there '96-'97 & '97-'98.

nyjunc said:
I like that theys tormed the vourt, it's a sign of respect. For a few years there no one was storming the court after they beat us.

Yeah, I didn't mind them storming the court. It's the annoucers that were annoying me. I know it was an upset but they made it sound like we still had our team from last year.

byroan said:
Yeah, I didn't mind them storming the court. It's the annoucers that were annoying me. I know it was an upset but they made it sound like we still had our team from last year.

those guys are West Coast pac 10 announcers so its natural they'd get excited when a WC team beats a name like UNC even though everyone knows they aren't anywhere near as good as last yar.

byroan said:
State got a beatdown. :)

That was an aamzing #, that yesterday was only the 2nd time in 31 years that Satte has played UNC and been ranked higher. Great ACC opener for the Heels, need to hold serve at home. On to a tough game at Va tech on Tuesday.

Nice game....some great defense being played. I thought state was better than that...they certainly dont deserve to be ranked 13th. Can anyone beat the dukies in the ACC? I dont know much about BC, but I dont see any other team in the ACC that can challenge em. Of course @UNC will always be a good game, but I dont see the heels knocking them off.

I'm hoping Wake can pull something off against them tonight. Redick has 16 points right now. Don't these teams know that you have to gameplan against him?

byroan said:
I'm hoping Wake can pull something off against them tonight. Redick has 16 points right now. Don't these teams know that you have to gameplan against him?

it's aamzing how they are not ready for him to shoot, at least 50% of the time he touches it he shoots and they just gave him too much space outside. Good win for duke but Wake stinks, that PG dukes is awful.

Tywon Lawson can come quickly enough. Its becoming quite apparent that he, and not Quentin or Frasor, is the successor to Felton. They almost let a lousy team beat them b/c the guards cant handle. They might get up to 10-15th in the country just b/c there is an easy stretch in the schedule, but it doesnt look like they will get very far in the tourney.

That being said, this is going to be some team next year. Teach the freshman swingmen how to shoot, get a true point guard, and have the manchild Wright be the spark Marvin was. Mabey not national championship contenders, but at least able to beat up on dook. Last years win is not enough.....its tough to wipe out the bad taste of dook dominance over the Doherty era. I want to go back to the days when we were final four contenders every year. :)

clear.gif

Ferretsquig said:
Tywon Lawson can come quickly enough. Its becoming quite apparent that he, and not Quentin or Frasor, is the successor to Felton. They almost let a lousy team beat them b/c the guards cant handle. They might get up to 10-15th in the country just b/c there is an easy stretch in the schedule, but it doesnt look like they will get very far in the tourney.

That being said, this is going to be some team next year. Teach the freshman swingmen how to shoot, get a true point guard, and have the manchild Wright be the spark Marvin was. Mabey not national championship contenders, but at least able to beat up on dook. Last years win is not enough.....its tough to wipe out the bad taste of dook dominance over the Doherty era. I want to go back to the days when we were final four contenders every year. :)

Lousy team? Va Tech can play especially now they are completely healthy and especially in Blacksburg. That was an enxcellent win last night. yes we turned it over alot but that's going to happen from time to time especially on the road. Duke had 15 TOs at home against Va Tech and Witherspoon was hurt and barely played. he had 4 pts in that game compared to 17 last night. This Tech team is very dangerous.

W/ that being said obviously we don't have a real PG. Thomas is a turnover machine and Frasor can get sloppy but overall Frasor does a good job. Next year this team will definitely be title contender, actually one of the favorites. Adding that class to the experience of this young team and they'll definitely be near the top and should have little problem w/ due as they lose alot and have a decent, not great, class coming in.

DolphinDevil28 said:

I barely recognice that pic, oh yea that's the always overrated team that has gotten beyond the sweet 16 just 4 times in 11 years inclusding 3 tims as a 1 seed. Here's the latest:

209443-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom