Uniform Changes Discussion Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uniform Changes Discussion Thread

Need to get this off of my chest. I hate our new uniforms. They are cartoonish and belong in the XFL. Go back to the throwbacks or the ones we had up until these clown costumes. They were iconic.

If we modify our current uniforms are we stuck for another 5 years?

It depends on whether the league considers the tweaks major enough to be considered a new uniform...teams will oft times do things like change stripe widths or move sleeve numbers to the shoulder without the five-year rule applying.

So what you're saying is yes it will be another 5 years. Even though the changes are described as minor it sounds more than adjusting #'s or stripe width. The helmet, jersey, and pants are all effected by the changes and if there is any color changes then that would constitute a new uniform.

Personally even though I want the throwback uniform I can live with Miami going back to our traditional aqua and please Mr. Ross get rid of the navy in the color scheme. At least return to Miami's legacy colors of aqua, orange, and white even if you won't return to the classiest uniforms Miami has worn.

Interesting... From the sounds of it it will be minor. If I had to guess it would involve adding more orange as a trim color on parts of the uniform. I could even see a return to the classic, iconic striping on the helmet: aqua | orange | aqua.

I'd love it if they add sleeve stripes similar to the throwbacks somehow.

I could also see them darkening the aqua just a tad so it doesn't look neon powderpuff aqua on TV.

The only thing we know for sure is Miami is changing. This confirms they notified the league to change the uniform in March. With nothing specific and an unnamed source that is all we can conclude.

Personally I favor a change to dolphin gray/silver for our third uniform. We should look like a true dolphin.
Last I looked eagles aren't silver and white. Falcons aren't red, black and white. Broncos don't have orange manes. Longhorns aren't red, blue and have a star for an eye. Rams aren't blue and white. Seeing a trend here?

Here my own wishful thinking mock-up. More orange, added stripes, gray face mask, and a darker teal. I think it would make a big difference. I LOVE the throwbacks but I also like looking forward to them on the few times they’re used. I can see them becoming commonplace if they’re made permanent.

Looks good but I think it looks too much like the throwbacks for them... They will want to have the two sets be a bit more distinct from each other so that when they roll out the throwbacks there is more excitement.

Here my own wishful thinking mock-up. More orange, added stripes, gray face mask, and a darker teal. I think it would make a big difference. I LOVE the throwbacks but I also like looking forward to them on the few times they’re used. I can see them becoming commonplace if they’re made permanent.

Edit. Uploaded wrong file earlier.

Attachments

• 5A31649E-6C3D-47E9-A2EF-5AC6B34AD7DB.jpeg
    5A31649E-6C3D-47E9-A2EF-5AC6B34AD7DB.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 58
Looks good but I think it looks too much like the throwbacks for them... They will want to have the two sets be a bit more distinct from each other so that when they roll out the throwbacks there is more excitement.

Valid point. Maybe keeping the aqua brighter but I really have a hard time with the bright shade of it.

Back
Top Bottom