Uniform Changes Discussion Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uniform Changes Discussion Thread

I have not purchased a single piece of Dolphins merchandise since we changed our uniforms & until they change these horrifying colors & logo I don't plan on it in the future. We need to go back to the uniforms we wore in the mid 90s.

The mid-90s uniforms were just bastardized versions of the throwbacks. They were uglier than the current version IMO, especially the Mickey Mouse dolphin. Plus, what exactly would they be celebrating about that uniform? First round playoff exits?

Here my own wishful thinking mock-up. More orange, added stripes, gray face mask, and a darker teal. I think it would make a big difference. I LOVE the throwbacks but I also like looking forward to them on the few times they’re used. I can see them becoming commonplace if they’re made permanent.

Edit. Uploaded wrong file earlier.
I would love that change

The mid-90s uniforms were just bastardized versions of the throwbacks. They were uglier than the current version IMO, especially the Mickey Mouse dolphin. Plus, what exactly would they be celebrating about that uniform? First round playoff exits?

2nd round playoff blowouts. 38-3, 62-7, 27-0, those fun times.

In all seriousness though, if they'd have just gotten rid of the drop shadows on those, they wouldn't have been half bad.

Still...on these "tweaks", I hope they color the face masks again, aqua (or whatever the color is, I don't want to get into semantics)...do the helmet striping the way it was until 2013, and add more orange to the jerseys. I can't stand how the white uniforms look. The orange looks just non-existent.

Throwbacks 2X a year I can live with, and from a marketing standpoint, I can understand not going back to them full time, even if I disagree with it...but they just need to add more orange, and stripes to the sleeves.

What’s to celebrate about the current logo and uniform? Irrelevance? Losing season after losing season?

Most of us want the trow backs so of course we WON'T get those. Our FO sure know how not to please the fans. Same thing with free agency and the draft

Ozzy rules!!

I want anything but the old "cartoon looks like it was made by a 4-year-old" logo. I like the uniforms but that logo would be the worst in all professional sports. Give me the retro unis with the current logo and I could get behind that...

I don't care about the logo but the old uniforms are the best

Ozzy rules!!

What nike wants, nike gets. The fans will have absolutely NO say in this.

Too many corporate types in play here, most of whom have swallowed the Kool-Aid of so-called "politically correct", "progressive" memes of change and forward and never-go-back and Rubicon yada yada. It is so predictable that they will move farther away from the original looks. Some people want to erase all vestiges of history and tradition because they take offense to things that happened in some timeframe. Sorry but "old" is NOT evil.

But the biggest reason the change will come is probably that they didn't feel they made enough $$$ on the 2013 redesign. I have never bought anything with the tail-up logo and powderpuff aqua, and simply refuse to do so.

Last edited:
Interesting...

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/02/16/miami-dolphins-making-a-uniform-tweak-in-2018/

Longtime readers of ours may remember we had a series at one point called Fix-It Friday in which we had a designer look at an existing uniform set and try to tweak it slightly to make it just a little bit better. The reason that series ended was because our designer, Brandon Moore, ended up getting a full-time design job with (you guessed it) the Miami Dolphins.

For fun, here was his proposal to tweaking the Dolphins uniform from back 2015:

DLPHINSLAST.jpg

dolphins-edit.jpg
As Miami is sticking with the new logo, I'd be good with the bottom right then just an opposite look with the aqua jersey (to include stripes). This is a good look and even though I love the throwbacks even better, we can still break them out twice a year.

For the improved look pictured, I might tweak the number font a bit. While better than the current new number font, we can still do better.

I want to see something with the sun still incorporated. After all its the sunshine state right? If it was like the sun and inside were like 3 dolphins breaching water that might be cool

I can't work on this right now because im working but for example using these two photos to convey what I'm seeing:

Water-Sunset-Landscapes-Nature-Coast-Sun-Night-Digital-Art-HD-Resolution-1920x1080.jpg

and

380px-Anim1772_-_Flickr_-_NOAA_Photo_Library.jpg

Back
Top Bottom