(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever heard of the concept of risk vs. reward?
I have to agree with the Grier comment. I’m not a GM and I knew there was no way Arizona doesn’t cut Rosen if they couldn’t make a trade and would have taken a 6th for him. Sorry Grier was an idiot.

Seems like he got his money and just checked out mentally. Or maybe he's just not that into football. It was worth a gamble, anyway.
I suspect he's had the world handed to him on a silver platter since he entered puberty, and he hasn't figured out that it doesn't work that way in the real world yet. I think after a couple of years, once all of the money he got from his rookie deal is gone, he'll figure it out, and a team will give him a chance. He'll probably blow that though.

Last edited:
I suspect he's had the world handed to him on a silver platter since he entered puberty, and he hasn't figure out that it doesn't work that way in the real world yet. I think after a couple of years, once all of the money he got from his rookie deal is gone, he'll figure it out, and a team will give him a chance. He'll probably blow that though.
I know people like that. They got away with murder since middle school. They were pampered and forgiven all their life. No idea how the real world operate.

He will blow his rookie earn in six months. And we will end up seeing his mug shot. Sad really.

I suspect he's had the world handed to him on a silver platter since he entered puberty, and he hasn't figure out that it doesn't work that way in the real world yet. I think after a couple of years, once all of the money he got from his rookie deal is gone, he'll figure it out, and a team will give him a chance. He'll probably blow that though.
Between his signing bonus and last years salary he got just under 6.5 million. Amazing to me if he blows it in a year or two, but I know it happens all the time.

I know people like that. They got away with murder since middle school. They were pampered and forgiven all their life. No idea how the real world operate.

He will blow his rookie earn in six months. And we will end up seeing his mug shot. Sad really.
He could end up like Cecil Collins...Took him 13 years in the pen but when he got out he was older and much much wiser. Funny how some brains just dont take to maturity as fast as others and its can be costly to the individual.

They have people take tests and do schoolwork for many athletes. They push them through the academic side if they can play football. It's really a crime and disservice to these athletes, if they falter at the NFL level, they are screwed. They really don't have an education, they have a worthless piece of paper that won't get them through life...
Eh. College is pretty much a scam either way.

I don’t understand how he can make it through a college program where he has schoolwork in addition to football but can’t even make it to the first meetings with your new team when millions are at stake. Doesn’t make sense.
You must be new to college sports especially to UGA

He wasn’t driving she was. The camera flips the perspective
Sweet, if only the magic camera could flip that moron's perspective on what an opportunity he's blowing we'd be on to something. P.S. - NEVER take your eyes off the road when a lady is driving, especially when she's possibly high as a kite, rapping, staring at her phone and steering with her frigging knees.

I was a Union rep for decades... and I ran into a lot of these guys (usually women actually) over the years. I worked with them to keep their jobs, and to build more sustainable lives. Many times, these folks managed to turn it around, keep their jobs, cut down on their drinking or give up their drugs/abusive habits, but the success rate wasn't high, maybe 50% or so.

The first thing I would ask an employee who'd I'd been asked to represent was, "Do you like working here?" They almost always said yes, So my next comment would be something like, "Well then, you are going to stop doing this thing that caused us to be here today. Do you like this job enough to stop doing this thing?" They always said they did, but to be honest, I didn't believe a lot of them...

Most of these people had come from lousy homes, bad marriages, even jail... and I quickly learned that in most of them, there wasn't a lot to work with. Sadly.

But once in awhile, I'd get a real surprise, and a really rotten employee would turn into, not just a serviceable employee, but an actual leader.

So... I'm open to reclamation projects, but I'm not going to bet the farm on them.
It's not easy leading. It's even harder when the people who need the leadership are hard-wired from their circumstance to resist the right path. Kudos to you @Feverdream for showing the strength of will to keep offering them the leadership and support they need ... even when they can't help but reject it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom