Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
With the Heat's season an utter disaster, a drastic move was certainly in order. Miami may be doing just that

The report, citing two officials close to the situation, said the Phoenix Suns have discussed sending Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Heat in exchange for O'Neal.

One of O'Neal's representatives confirmed that O'Neal had been made aware of the discussions, the report said, but the deal was not definite.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7764252/Report:-Heat,-Suns-talking-Shaq-Marion-trade?FSO2&ATT=MA

Diminishing returns for both franchises in my opinion. I suppose the Heat would be getting the better end as they move that horrid contract of Shaq's. However, I don't see what Phoenix would get out of this? Shaq can't run with the Suns players and Amare at the 4 is a disaster. They would almost have to move Amare for some more compatible talent. Smacks of a desperation move by the Suns to counter the Gasol trade.

I wouldn't be shocked if Miami turned around and called the Lakers for a swap of Odom for Marion...

i would jizz myself if this trade went through, then jizz myself again if we got odom back

the suns arent that stupid are they? shaq cant get his *** up/down court+ he will clog up the paint. where is nash gonna drive w/ shaq congesting everything up?
doubt this trade goes though.

i would def. take it...marion would help us and could be 2nd scorer

It's not a bad move for the Suns in the immediate future, because they realize that they can't beat the Spurs right now. Shaq would come in for spot roles, and would team up with Amare Stoudamire down low. Despite Shaq's deterioriating play, he still commands double-teams. Who do you double? Amare or Shaq? Major matchup problems for the Spurs.

Diminishing returns for both franchises in my opinion. I suppose the Heat would be getting the better end as they move that horrid contract of Shaq's. However, I don't see what Phoenix would get out of this? Shaq can't run with the Suns players and Amare at the 4 is a disaster. They would almost have to move Amare for some more compatible talent. Smacks of a desperation move by the Suns to counter the Gasol trade.

I wouldn't be shocked if Miami turned around and called the Lakers for a swap of Odom for Marion...

You are now dreaming in two threads.

It doesn't make any sense at all. Phoenix is so cheap they sell their first round draft picks and don't bother to give Thomas a reasonable contract despite the fact hes the only post defender they have. What makes anyone believe they'd be willing to take on 40 mil? I wouldn't put it past Riley to pull off another miracle though.

DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM.....

Just now:

"Extremely likely of happening. Shaq flying tomorrow morning to Phoenix for physical. He passes, he's a Sun." - Rick Bucher, Sports Center

GOODBYE YOU FAT ****!!!!!!

Also,

I'm hearing that it's Marion, Banks, & Atlanta's #1

This is unbelievable. How the hell does Riley do it? He gets Shaq for Odom & Butler, Walker, JWill, and Posey for nothing..... The Suns have made one great move after another. How could they be this stupid?

Looks like the lone source who included ATL's 1st was wrong.

But still, Marion/Banks is a steal.

Hell, I'd of taken Keith Van Horn re-signed on a 1-year deal. :lol:

But yeah, pretty official now:

Shaq is flying to Phoenix tomorrow morning for a physical.

the heat get the best of this deak cna u imagine the matrix and d-wade together..now thats awesome

Back
Top Bottom