Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated: Shaq to Suns for Marion/Banks pending physical

Fourthly (is that a word?) Phoenix will ruin their seaosn if they do this. Shaq doesn't fit in with anything they want to do.

Phoenix isn't going to change anything. I still think its a horrible deal, but it will be fun to watch Shaq playing with some talented basketball players again.

Phoenix isn't going to change anything. I still think its a horrible deal, but it will be fun to watch Shaq playing with some talented basketball players again.

How can you not change anything? Phoenix will have rebounded, shot and be back on defense before Shaq even gets past halfcourt to play on the offensive set that just finished.

All this does is give them size, which might help them come playoff time, but not at the expense of doing what they do best. It also takes away a talented shooter and rebounder who can play 40 minutes a night (Marion) for a rebounder and oft injured inside scorer who can play 30 at best.

I simply just don't see how this is a good trade for Phoenix when they are currently holding the best record out west and have won 8 of their last 10.

Its not like the Lakers picking up a guy who fits perfectly into their system like Pau did. It isn't like they have to REPLACE any injured person either.

Quite simply, they are making a trade for the sake of making a trade, and that is never a good recipe.

its OFFICAL!!!! ESPN just reported!!! OMG thank you

True. But I will say this. A Shaq led Suns team meeting up with a Kobe/Bynum/Gasol/Odom Lakers team would be a GREAT series. I give the advantage to L.A. but Shaq's playoff experience and will to win (its still there sometimes) might push L.A. to the brink.

The mind is willing but the body is weak. And that can easily be countered by Kobe's experience and will to win combined with Bynum's emergence.

Quite simply, they are making a trade for the sake of making a trade, and that is never a good recipe.

The Suns are making a trade because despite great regular season success they haven't been able to make it out of the west. Nash is nearing the end of his career and the team he had just wasn't enough to get him past the Spurs. Who knows if it will work.

wow this is great for the future of the heat. they just took away 2 years of delaying a significant rebuilding process. Now if marion opts out next year, miami can go after arenas or elton brand. This opens alot of doors for miami in the near future.

Cant say I understand this move on the Suns part, but amazing move by Miami to get out from under Shaq's contract. Of course this could hurt that low lottery pick so many Heat fans have been banking on, but that's a minor issue. Steve Kerr's first big move appears to be really stupid.

If Marion opts out, just wow.

Can you imagine if we sign Brand or Arenas + a top 3 pick?

good trade for both teams. Heat get a decent young PG, and an All-Star wingman and the suns get the big man they desperatly needd to take pressure off of Amare.

The Suns cannot possibly be this stupid.

Let's see, they're adding a player who might be the absolute worst fit in the NBA for their offensive system; a player who demands the ball and is all but useless without it, when they already have Amare Stoudemire; and they're making their cap situation significantly worse (after giving away numerous first round picks just to avoid the luxury tax).

Oh yeah, and at this point in their careers, Marion is basically as productive as Shaq, only he's far less injury prone. So basically, they're giving up the more productive player for a guy who's an absolutely awful fit for them and they're making their financial situation worse in the process.

And we thought the Grizzlies got ripped off? Wow. Chris Wallace looks like RC Buford, Joe Dumars and Jerry West rolled into one by comparison.

I love the argument that Shaq is somehow going to help the Suns against guys like Duncan and Bynum in the playoffs. Folks, Shaq stopped playing defense two years ago. He stopped playing transition defense ten years ago. This is a significant overreaction. Hell, if Tim Donaghy hadn't been prominently involved, they probably would have beaten the Spurs last year, and almost certainly won the Finals. This year, the Suns are just as good, and the Spurs are fading a bit. More to the point, there's no one out there who's really likely to give them a huge edge over their Western rivals anyway. Maybe Gasol would have, but that ship has sailed. The only thing to do is play it out. Instead, Steve Kerr makes an egregious panic trade.

I can't believe how well Miami makes out in this deal. They should be giving the SUNS a first round pick for taking Shaq's contract off their hands. Instead, they get a very good player (I don't think Marion will opt out; no one's going to give him $17 million) who's an excellent complement to Dwyane Wade, and maybe a #1 pick, depending on who you ask.

:lol::lol::lol:

I just love it when significant competition shoots themselves in the foot.

This trade makes it easier for my Spurs to defeat the Suns come playoff time.

... simply wonderful ...

GO SPURS GO!

Would you still have a top 3 pick though. Wade/Marion combo should win you games shouldnt it?

I sense some type of 'announcement' from Dwyane Wade shortly after the All-Star break, so yeah, I still expect to finish in top 3 lotto contention. I don't see Wade finishing out a meaningless season. My prediction is that at some point, he's going to shut it down and use the Olympics to get back into training camp shape (off the bench). And, I see 5 players in the draft who would fit perfectly on this basketball team; Beasley, Rose, Jordan, Gordon, and Bayless. So basically, we'll be set in the draft regardless.

:lol: :lol:

I can't stop smiling! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! GOOD BYE SHAQ!

And with this recent trade, I STILL have the Spurs as the best team in the West. Thank you Steve Kerr, you saved Miami 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom