*Upset Alert* | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Upset Alert*

Norfolk state is beating West Virginia right now 12-10

Considering that Cristobal recently signed a contract extension through 2016 he isn't going anywhere.

Means nothing. Miami is his dream job, and he'll leave FIU in a heartbeat to take it like he almost did last year when he was a finalist for the job. All he has to pay is 1 year salary, which is less than $500,000 to leave his contract to take his dream job, which would also provide a steep pay raise.

Toledo - 13 penalties, 100 yards. OSU - 2 for 13 yards. Getting all the help in the world from the refs and still only winning by 5.

Auburn just had a first down conversion on 4th down that they clearly did not reach handed to them by the officials and it led to a score.

Means nothing. Miami is his dream job, and he'll leave FIU in a heartbeat to take it like he almost did last year when he was a finalist for the job. All he has to pay is 1 year salary, which is less than $500,000 to leave his contract to take his dream job, which would also provide a steep pay raise.

I thought Cristobal coaching UM was just a rumor, nothing more. I never heard anything about him almost leaving FIU either.

And, just like EVERY year, Arizona is VASTLY over-rated!!!

Interestingly enough, they eluded to an AMAZING stat Thrusday night. I believe Arizona is 0-12 in the last 4 years against top 20 ranked teams......for a very good reason

Considering that Cristobal recently signed a contract extension through 2016 he isn't going anywhere.
If the contract doesnt specify a large buyout he'll be gone if Miami opens up and Shalala is willing to pay it.

I'm looking at almost 10 games this week that look like upset specials to me.... I doubt even 2 of them actually happen at the most, but none of these upsets coming to fruition will suprise me if it happens.

LSU vs. Miss. St. --- Make no mistake, I think LSU wins this game if the quarterback doesn't make mistakes. LSU usually always handles Miss. St. no matter what, but this game is in Starkville, and Mullen's bunch will have something to prove after a tough loss at Auburn.

Arkansas St. vs. Virginia Tech --- VT struggled with East Carolina last week, and Arkansas St. is better than people think. VT should absolutely win this game, but they showed last year that they're capable of slipping up against James Madison.

Tennessee vs. Florida --- Tennessee has the talent on offense to give Florida all they can handle, but as I mentioned previously, they have to prove they can do it on the road in the SEC. If Florida's defensive line gets pressure on Bray and forces him to take his checkdowns, they should win this game. I don't know if the Vols have the depth on defense to stop Florida's running game for 4 quarters. I'd feel much more comfortable picking the Vols outright for the upset in this one if was played in Knoxville. Florida should win this one... but it's close. Home field advantage is the difference I see in this one. A must watch game.

Navy vs. South Carolina --- The wishbone that Navy runs gives everyone fits, and USCe's defense hasn't exactly been holding opponents to single digit scoring if you know what I mean. Defensively, Navy has no answer for the beasts that are Marcus Lattimore and Alshon Jeffrey. But if Garcia puts up a stinker, Navy will be in this game.... and they can wear you down with that option attack. South Carolina should win this one, but they better not fall asleep.

Stanford vs. Arizona --- Foles and Arizona's offense can match Luck and Stanford's offense blow for blow if they're not careful. Stanford should win this one in a route, but I won't be surprised if it's a close game.

Arizona St. vs. Illinois --- ASU is the ranked opponent here with something to prove, but Illinois is a good team and a tough test on the road for a young and inexperienced offense.

Kent St. vs. Kansas St. --- Kansas St. isn't very good, but they should beat Kent St. However, Kent St. will not lay down in this one, and the Nix kid on defense will play in the NFL someday... he gave Bama fits in week 1.

Wisconsin vs. Northern Illinois --- Wisky is clearly the dominant team here, but Chandler Harnish is one of my favorite underrated QB prospects. Could be a tougher game than Wisky bargained for.

Penn St. vs. Temple --- Another easy win for Penn St. on paper, but they'll get familiar with Bernard Pierce, Adrian Robinson, and few more legitimate NFL prospects Temple brings into battle pretty quick.

Duke vs. Boston College --- Boston College looks absolutely awful.... they've missed Montel Harris running the football. Duke could upset BC in this one. Luke Kuechly will single handedly dominate though, just like he does every week. Duke has a real shot to beat BC.

Ohio St. vs. Miami --- Canes are gradually getting some key kids back from suspensions, and they'll gladly take 'em. They'll need the leadership in this game. If Miami plays as a TEAM, they have a shot. Although I never really like picking Miami for upsets.

None of the underdogs here should win any of these games, but they're games that wouldn't surprise me if they're upsets, or close to it.

I think it will be an upset as supposed to be a good game as I think OU will destroy FSU.

Back
Top Bottom