Upshaw say: "Prepare for an uncapped year"Plan on '07 being uncapped | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upshaw say: "Prepare for an uncapped year"Plan on '07 being uncapped

Mr Fan said:
If the players don't sign the new CBA. Ownership should just lock them out, time for player to start being taught they have liittle market value outside of football.

Owners would LOSE a ton of money by doing that. Most of these owners ONLY make their profit off of TV revenue sharing and ticket sales. If they lock players out, all of that goes away!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the 2007 NY Jets.....

2106b87-1.jpg

PHINZ RULE!!!

fiedlerfan said:
I have already quit watching MLB and NBA. If this happens to the NFL I will be totally finished with pro sports. Nothing but college sports for me.

All of those who say that I say good riddance to. If you're that fickle then bounce regardless of the CBA status.

I too agree that it's posturing. I even read that Upshaw went out of his way to call the media together to announce this. That my friends is posturing. Taking it to the media to tell the fans who is to blame if things don't get worked out. No one wants to look like the bad guy. I saw what Saban said, but I personally don't think we'll be in that bad of shape. Most of the same issues still apply when picking a ball club to play for. Players want to play somewhere they can win (We're right there), We're in a warm city climate, We have no state tax, and While the Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder's of the world might go George Steinbrenner on the league, Mister H isn't exactly in the poor house when it comes to $$ or spending it. In fact, I think a part of creating the whole Dolphins Enterprises with Joe Bailey and the other characters, renaming the Stadium Dolphins Stadium, was all a huge revenue move for not only the capped season's, but to build up a little extra something in case something like this renewing of the CBA issue came along. Players who want to play in Miami will come here for $$, but also come here because they want to be here, based on the obvious rise to the top that is going on here. Nick Saban is a hell of a recruiter. I don't doubt him or Mister H for one second. It will be fun to sit back and watch!

it will be resolved, the contract will be signed before that season

I'll never watch pro sports again if there is an NFL strike. :tantrum: I will just follow college ball.

I pray to god that this gets resolved and 2007 is football as usual. Failing that, I would rather a lockout than having the NFL go the way of MLB

Brown or Ricky said:
Washington Redskins=New Yor Stankees
that was the first thing that came to my mind..along with the raiders

PassRush said:
I pray to god that this gets resolved and 2007 is football as usual. Failing that, I would rather a lockout than having the NFL go the way of MLB

Thats harsh words man. I disagre strongly. But, that's my opinion.

fishfan34 said:
I too agree that it's posturing. I even read that Upshaw went out of his way to call the media together to announce this. That my friends is posturing. Taking it to the media to tell the fans who is to blame if things don't get worked out. No one wants to look like the bad guy. I saw what Saban said, but I personally don't think we'll be in that bad of shape. Most of the same issues still apply when picking a ball club to play for. Players want to play somewhere they can win (We're right there), We're in a warm city climate, We have no state tax, and While the Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder's of the world might go George Steinbrenner on the league, Mister H isn't exactly in the poor house when it comes to $$ or spending it. In fact, I think a part of creating the whole Dolphins Enterprises with Joe Bailey and the other characters, renaming the Stadium Dolphins Stadium, was all a huge revenue move for not only the capped season's, but to build up a little extra something in case something like this renewing of the CBA issue came along. Players who want to play in Miami will come here for $$, but also come here because they want to be here, based on the obvious rise to the top that is going on here. Nick Saban is a hell of a recruiter. I don't doubt him or Mister H for one second. It will be fun to sit back and watch!

I just hope he dont do the same thing to us as he did the Marlins when he got all that talent, then after they won the World Series he dismantled them!

Back
Top Bottom