US Disqualyfied Because Of Oguchi Onyewu | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

US Disqualyfied Because Of Oguchi Onyewu

HysterikiLL said:
What's up with Freddy Adu? How is he developing? I don't pay attention to much U.S. soccer.

He's developing, still 16, playing with DC United in MLS and finally cracked the starting lineup there this year. His individual ability is great, but he lacks field vision, doesn't play team defence well and is physically overpowered. So, give him a few more years before making a judgment.

Prime Time said:
:lol: Too bad you guys lost..

..in the Round of 16 for the fourth straight WC in a row...

ehem... I would rather have that than last place in a WC, followed by quarter finals in the weirdest world cup in years, followed by 1 point in a world cup...

And your claim that it was the toughest group is way off, the way the czech choked, the way you guys played, the irregular play of italy, and ghana... I mean once we see what ghana and italy do in the sweet 16 then you can tell me if you where the tougher group.

Quelonio said:
ehem... I would rather have that than last place in a WC, followed by quarter finals in the weirdest world cup in years, followed by 1 point in a world cup...

And your claim that it was the toughest group is way off, the way the czech choked, the way you guys played, the irregular play of italy, and ghana... I mean once we see what ghana and italy do in the sweet 16 then you can tell me if you where the tougher group.

Tell me a tougher group.

Prime Time said:
Tell me a tougher group.

I hate when people always talk of "tough groups" in a WC. The selction is quite even throughout all groups.

If you want to win the Cup you should be able to beat everybody. End of story. The World rating is a farce unless you really believe that Egypt and cameroon are better than Germany.

:sidelol:

Prime the way you guys played you'd have struggled if you were in any group, seriously you had absolutely no cutting edge, were fragile at the back and Arenas lack of imagination all added up to a poor tournament, even then you still had a chance to go through and choked it away, the group wasn't the issue

FFiB said:
I hate when people always talk of "tough groups" in a WC. The selction is quite even throughout all groups.

If you want to win the Cup you should be able to beat everybody. End of story. The World rating is a farce unless you really believe that Egypt and cameroon are better than Germany.

:sidelol:

They aren't better but they could beat them, you never know what could happen.

@@@ said:
Prime the way you guys played you'd have struggled if you were in any group, seriously you had absolutely no cutting edge, were fragile at the back and Arenas lack of imagination all added up to a poor tournament, even then you still had a chance to go through and choked it away, the group wasn't the issue

I know, the tough group didn't help us though. :)

Prime Time said:
They aren't better but they could beat them, you never know what could happen.

Anybody can beat anybody. But based on the World Rankings Cameroon and Egypt are ranked ahead of Germany. Bottomline is: The World Cup is played every 4 years. You better be ready to face every team if you want to win it all.

And honestly, I was rooting for the US and germany. But when I looked at the US interviews and commentaries how this could be the year and how strong the US is and how close they are to Brazil I felt a little bit of arrogance (especially Landon). But it may just be a reflection of the coach who came across more than just once as a bit arrogant. Confidence and arrogance are two different worlds. They may be related ( afine line between confidence and arrogance) yet they are two different worlds.

I read some pre-game interviews from Arena and the Czech coach on preparations. Arena stated that we know what we get with the Czech Republic. We observed them a coule of times. We know we can beat them.

The Czechs: we analysed every single game of the US during their qualifiers. It will be a tough game.

So who was better prepared?

There is a reason why teams like Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina etc are always in the top in the worldcup. Because they know you have to bring your best against every single team.

I could have lived with the US leaving the tournament if they had plaid against ghana like the German team had played against Poland: a constant run on goal. But they didn't. They laid down from the 1st minute on. No urgency, no desire, no drive to the other goal. Sure the US can blame it on the PK (which was undeserved) but the US failed to score a goal in Hafl 2. So with or without that PK the US would not have advanced. And the PK came at the end of Half 1 not in the 90th minute.

If you want to forget the debacle against the Czechs and the battle against the Italians you have to question the tactic against Ghana. A must-win situation and the US plays it safe. Unbelievable.

FFiB said:
Anybody can beat anybody. But based on the World Rankings Cameroon and Egypt are ranked ahead of Germany. Bottomline is: The World Cup is played every 4 years. You better be ready to face every team if you want to win it all.

And honestly, I was rooting for the US and germany. But when I looked at the US interviews and commentaries how this could be the year and how strong the US is and how close they are to Brazil I felt a little bit of arrogance (especially Landon). But it may just be a reflection of the coach who came across more than just once as a bit arrogant. Confidence and arrogance are two different worlds. They may be related ( afine line between confidence and arrogance) yet they are two different worlds.

I read some pre-game interviews from Arena and the Czech coach on preparations. Arena stated that we know what we get with the Czech Republic. We observed them a coule of times. We know we can beat them.

The Czechs: we analysed every single game of the US during their qualifiers. It will be a tough game.

So who was better prepared?

There is a reason why teams like Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina etc are always in the top in the worldcup. Because they know you have to bring your best against every single team.

I could have lived with the US leaving the tournament if they had plaid against ghana like the German team had played against Poland: a constant run on goal. But they didn't. They laid down from the 1st minute on. No urgency, no desire, no drive to the other goal. Sure the US can blame it on the PK (which was undeserved) but the US failed to score a goal in Hafl 2. So with or without that PK the US would not have advanced. And the PK came at the end of Half 1 not in the 90th minute.

If you want to forget the debacle against the Czechs and the battle against the Italians you have to question the tactic against Ghana. A must-win situation and the US plays it safe. Unbelievable.

Bruce Arena sucks....he needs to be fired....Look to see the coach of manchester united (Sir Alex Ferguson ) be next head coach of the United States. Atleast i think that's him.....well the guy the made up project 2010 to be the head coach with Dan Gaspar as the goalkeeping coach.

MARINO1384 said:
Bruce Arena sucks....he needs to be fired....Look to see the coach of manchester united (Sir Alex Ferguson ) be next head coach of the United States. Atleast i think that's him.....well the guy the made up project 2010 to be the head coach with Dan Gaspar as the goalkeeping coach.

Carlos Queiroz, a Portuguese coach, came up with the blueprint for Project 2010. Sunil Gulati wanted him initially instead of Arena, but it turned out to be good Arena was hired (foreign coaches in MLS up to that point had very poor records).

Now, of course, we need a new coach. Personally, I think Klinsmann is best if he becomes available. The guy's lived in California for a long time, knows the American players well (he's worked as an informal consultant with the Nats for years) and would install a new system and mentality (he'd also do a better job of developing the next generation of players).

If Klinsmann isn't available, maybe 2nd best would be Hiddink. But Gulati is still the one who will ultimately decide and I really hope Queiroz is not chosen.

FFiB said:

The selection is quite even??? I wonder what you think of a group like this:

Japan, Russia, Belgium, Tunisia...

versus:

Sweden, England, Argentina, Nigeria...

Yeah, tell me those groups are "quite even" !! :lol:

By the way, those were groups F and H in 2002. Compare group C or E in this world cup to G or H and tell me they're quite even! There's a reason people speak of some groups being harder than others: because they ARE!

Of course, otherwise there wouldn't be the debates about having the Group called "El Grupo De la Muerte" aka The Group of Death.

ckb2001 said:
Carlos Queiroz, a Portuguese coach, came up with the blueprint for Project 2010. Sunil Gulati wanted him initially instead of Arena, but it turned out to be good Arena was hired (foreign coaches in MLS up to that point had very poor records).

Now, of course, we need a new coach. Personally, I think Klinsmann is best if he becomes available. The guy's lived in California for a long time, knows the American players well (he's worked as an informal consultant with the Nats for years) and would install a new system and mentality (he'd also do a better job of developing the next generation of players).

If Klinsmann isn't available, maybe 2nd best would be Hiddink. But Gulati is still the one who will ultimately decide and I really hope Queiroz is not chosen.

Ohhh yeah i think that's him. I didn't know his name but my coach was telling me (cuz he my coach works for Dan Gaspar and is on his SGA staff) and he was telling me that Dan and Carlos put together plan 2010. Then he was saying that Carlos will be the next coach and Dan would be thier goalkeeping coach

Back
Top Bottom