USC will be team to beat next season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC will be team to beat next season

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
asiacats12101020216widec-1.jpg

Quarterback John David Booty and the USC Trojans should be celebrating at the end of next season, writes John Tamanaha.

Now that Florida has been crowned the national champion and the 2006 college football season is officially over, it’s never too early to look ahead to 2007.

Team to beat: USC. The Trojans return 10 starters to a defensive unit that made Michigan melt. The only thing tougher than scoring points against USC next season will be the actual schedule that the Trojans will face. With road games at Nebraska, Washington, Notre Dame, Oregon, California and Arizona State, Pete Carroll will have to clean up his act away from the Coliseum, having lost two of his last three road games.

Quarterback John David Booty won’t have Dwayne Jarrett or Steve Smith to throw to in 2007, but Carroll’s superb recruiting classes have a way of adequately filling shoes no matter how big. Imposing wide receivers Patrick Turner and Vidal Hazelton (one of 15 true freshmen to get their feet wet in 2006) are about to become famous.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16528337/
var hasRelatedPhotos = 'false';if (hasRelatedPhotos=='true'){var vRPL = document.getElementById("viewRelatedPhotosLink");if (vRPL!=undefined) vRPL.style.display = "";var vLRPG = document.getElementById("linkRelatedPhotos");var vLIRPG = document.getElementById("linkImgRelatedPhotos");if (vLRPG) {if(vLIRPG) vLIRPG.href=vLRPG.href;}}

Thats right. I just hope this Reggie Bush crap dont come back and haunts USC.

They should just copy this article, save it and post it every preseason. Because we hear the same exact thing every year.

I'm not saying USC is not the team to beat in '07. It's just that we hear it every single year.

ASU will take care of them in Tempe. Go Sun Devils. :tongue:

And I might add this in...

Sports Illustrated has LSU #2 heading into 2007.

And the national championship is in New Orleans. Just a thought. Juuuuust a thought.

YES!!! And next season will be a good season for SC hoops too with the arrival of YOU'VE GOT MAYO!!!

GO TROJANS!!

What does the WR corps look like for USC next year after losing Jarrett and Smith?

My thought is that USC might end up being the best team in college football, ok maybe undefeated, but unable to play for the National Campionship. How can you let USC get away with the Reggie Bush stuff when clearly he broke the rules and the coaches should have known...(how in the heck does a college coach not notice one of the top 3 players on your team driving a car above his means??) Teams have been struck down in the past for players getting money and USC should suffer the same fate. Bush got caught with money and gifts he should not have, sorry 3 years no post season.

Very true, nothing like the SEC to prove a teams grit.

Don't overlook WVU next year. (...braces self for onslaught of Big East haters...:lol: )

Back
Top Bottom