Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team?

Yup.....I would agree with you
My guess is:

Chiefs feel very good about Mahomes deal, but are worried he is going to want a raise
Bengals feel good about Burrow deal (concern injury related as opposed to skill)
Bills feel good about Josh Allen deal
Ravens feel good about Lamar deal
Chargers are worried but hopeful about Herbert deal, but do or die time now with the new coach there who is also betting on Herbert so we will see
Eagles worried about Hurts deal

Jaguars might start to worry with Fabio
good point. although they have not paid up for him yet? i think he has played three years, so they will pick up his 5th year option this year, and then see how this year goes. will be interesting if they step up and extend him before that. i wouldn't. then depending on how this year goes for the Jags, if mediocre again, they will be in the same pickle with him as the dolphins are with tua. no idea what to do, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

My guess is:

Chiefs feel very good about Mahomes deal, but are worried he is going to want a raise
Bengals feel good about Burrow deal (concern injury related as opposed to skill)
Bills feel good about Josh Allen deal
Ravens feel good about Lamar deal
Chargers are worried but hopeful about Herbert deal, but do or die time now with the new coach there who is also betting on Herbert so we will see
Eagles worried about Hurts deal

The only reason to be worried about the Hurts deal is if:

- they know he’s not the guy and it is preventing them from moving on to a clearly better option in the draft or FA immediately; or

- the deal is structured so that they can’t move on from him in the medium term e.g the next few years

I don’t see how the Eagles are in a position to move up in the draft for an elite prospect and none of the FA QBs are much good.

And - as I understand it - they can move on from Hurts relatively easily in 2026.

So I don’t get why they’d be particularly worried.

We are in a pretty similar spot. A year behind.

I agree it’s not super comfortable to have doubts about your QB before you pay him … but as you’ve noted … there are maybe 4 teams in the league lucky enough to not be in that position.

- they know he’s not the guy and it is preventing them from moving on to a clearly better option in the draft or FA immediately; or

- the deal is structured so that they can’t move on from him in the medium term e.g the next few years

I don’t see how the Eagles are in a position to move up in the draft for an elite prospect and none of the FA QBs are much good.

And - as I understand it - they can move on from Hurts relatively easily in 2026.

I agree it’s not super comfortable to have doubts about your QB before you pay him … but as you’ve noted … there are maybe 4 teams in the league lucky enough to not be in that position.
Eagles act like cowboys. They want win SB every yr. Hurts just took them to SB.

I'm looking at his contract now. In no way shape or form is that contract easy to get out of. There is 300m of dead cap over the next 4 years.

Screenshot_20240219-091056.png

With that said they can void year some of that, but they will still be paying for Hurts for forever.

Back
Top Bottom