Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team?

Again what shall we do. Let the contract run out? Trade him to the Jets for Zach Wilson?

Why not trade him to the bears for Fields?

Russell Wilson could be good to save us some money and rebuild on. Lots of options out there if we only keep looking and hoping.

**** even Mac Jones could fill in...in a pinch.

So many options and Grier is seriously considering signing this bum to an extension.
my view again - let him play out the 5th year option then decide. that is a risk i can live with. nowhere am i saying tua sucks. but i am not paying $50mm a year to a QB that has not won a playoff game, and also choked or was mediocre at the end of this year in every big game. the offense was largely uninjured too. these are facts. it is not crazy to say wait. all of these decisions have risks. signing him now to a big long term deal has risk (roster consequences, and the fact that he is your guy for the length of the new deal same problem with Tannehill). waiting for him to play out the 5th year has risk (he could get more expensive). my view of the risk/reward in total is that you wait and let him play out the 5th year. saying this is not crazy and it should not cause outrage. it is fine to just disagree in unemotional fashion. doesnt make me a troll or a bad guy to think this way.

my view again - let him play out the 5th year option then decide. that is a risk i can live with. nowhere am i saying tua sucks. but i am not paying $50mm a year to a QB that has not won a playoff game, and also choked or was mediocre at the end of this year in every big game. the offense was largely uninjured too. these are facts. it is not crazy to say wait. all of these decisions have risks. signing him now to a big long term deal has risk (roster consequences, and the fact that he is your guy for the length of the new deal same problem with Tannehill). waiting for him to play out the 5th year has risk (he could get more expensive). my view of the risk/reward in total is that you wait and let him play out the 5th year. saying this is not crazy and it should not cause outrage. it is fine to just disagree in unemotional fashion. doesnt make me a troll or a bad guy to think this way.
Nobody be calling you a troll. A tad repetitive yes. 😂

So this guy is happy waiting 20 years of McDaniel for a ring? LOL?

I'm not...I don't have 20 left.

The question I'll ask again is this:

How has starting over with a new staff, roster and scheme every few years worked out? Tired of waiting 20 plus years for a playoff win? Me too. Do you know that no coach has lasted more than three full seasons since the Dolphins last won a playoff game? Flipping the table over every few years hasn't worked.

Right now, McDaniel is HC, and at least he has a plan. That's more than I could say for a few of the coaches Miami has trotted out this millennium. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. Will he learn from them? Hopefully. And right now, Tua is his guy. Grier tends to give his HC what they want as much as possible. So it's likely Tua is here for a bit.

The question I'll ask again is this:

How has starting over with a new staff, roster and scheme every few years worked out? Tired of waiting 20 plus years for a playoff win? Me too. Do you know that no coach has lasted more than three full seasons since the Dolphins last won a playoff game? Flipping the table over every few years hasn't worked.

Right now, McDaniel is HC, and at least he has a plan. That's more than I could say for a few of the coaches Miami has trotted out this millennium. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. Will he learn from them? Hopefully. And right now, Tua is his guy. Grier tends to give his HC what they want as much as possible. So it's likely Tua is here for a bit.

Need a baseline. Find long-term poor teams this century. Is Miami's frequency of failed new HC hires outside the normal range or about normal? I've posted a while back, many fans don't realize finding a top HC isn't easy and requires a generous amount of luck. even vet HC hires frequently fail. I'll admit the Queasy hire was likely panned by everyone except Gase and his family.

Were we watching the same team? Largely uninjured? Are you taking the p1ss?

Armstead - walking wounded, missed 7 games.
Wynn - IR
Williams - IR
Hunt - missed 6 games (left another 2 injured)
AJ - mostly healthy. Only missed 1 game.

Then the backups.
Jones - Started on IR, missed 2 games and was doubtful and questionable in others.
Eichenburg - was questionable for most of the final games with a calf injury.
Cotton - was questionable for a few of the final games with a hip injury.

Tyreek - missed 1.5 games and was in a walking boot for the last 4 games.
Waddle - missed the last 2 games and hobbled out for the playoffs when clearly injured.
Wilson - mostly healthy.
Cracraft - spent time on IR.
Berrios - mostly healthy, missed 1 game.
EZ - IR

Mostert - Was questionable for 4 of the final 5 games, missed 2 of them and hobbled out for the playoffs when clearly injured.
Achane - missed 6 games.
Wilson Jr - started season on IR then was mostly healthy.
Brooks - spent most of the season on IR.
Ahmed - IR

I get that you don't think Tua is it, that we should wait and see or preferably just move on as quickly as possible but to downplay the offensives injuries and to state "these are facts" is complete and utter bullchit on your part.

Oh, that QB you want to move on from was top 5 in nearly every QB metric you can think of with all of that going on.

Were we watching the same team? Largely uninjured? Are you taking the p1ss?

Armstead - walking wounded, missed 7 games.
Wynn - IR
Williams - IR
Hunt - missed 6 games (left another 2 injured)
AJ - mostly healthy. Only missed 1 game.

Then the backups.
Jones - Started on IR, missed 2 games and was doubtful and questionable in others.
Eichenburg - was questionable for most of the final games with a calf injury.
Cotton - was questionable for a few of the final games with a hip injury.

Tyreek - missed 1.5 games and was in a walking boot for the last 4 games.
Waddle - missed the last 2 games and hobbled out for the playoffs when clearly injured.
Wilson - mostly healthy.
Cracraft - spent time on IR.
Berrios - mostly healthy, missed 1 game.
EZ - IR

Mostert - Was questionable for 4 of the final 5 games, missed 2 of them and hobbled out for the playoffs when clearly injured.
Achane - missed 6 games.
Wilson Jr - started season on IR then was mostly healthy.
Brooks - spent most of the season on IR.
Ahmed - IR

I get that you don't think Tua is it, that we should wait and see or preferably just move on as quickly as possible but to downplay the offensives injuries and to state "these are facts" is complete and utter bullchit on your part.

Oh, that QB you want to move on from was top 5 in nearly every QB metric you can think of with all of that going on.
nice try i said largely uninjured at the end of the season, when the offense and tua were crapping themselves. achane was playing, armstead was playing, etc. the only one that wasnt was connor williams really. relative to the injuries all teams and all offenses have, the offense was well within the normative bound of healthy for the end of the season. the defense, different story. and ps you want to give tua $50mm a year, there is going to be alot less on offense around him than he had at the end of this season!

They probably make playoff. After that it questionable. Gotta win playoff game first. To be taken seriously.

nice try i said largely uninjured at the end of the season, when the offense and tua were crapping themselves. achane was playing, armstead was playing, etc. the only one that wasnt was connor williams really. relative to the injuries all teams and all offenses have, the offense was well within the normative bound of healthy for the end of the season. the defense, different story. and ps you want to give tua $50mm a year, there is going to be alot less on offense around him than he had at the end of this season!
Well it ain't our money and decisions

Back
Top Bottom