Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas Views The Dolphins Somewhat Favorably For Next Year - What Does It Mean And Imply About The Team?

so your point is if they sign tua to a big long term deal, and then they go 6-11, there is a chance for a rebuild the year after that? please explain?????
The rebuild - if needed - comes in 2026. Even with Tua signed to a big contract

There was a really good thread here recently on cap compliance that set this out very clearly.

I get that some may be out on this team after the disappointing end to the season but the most likely outcome is that this core has 2 seasons to get over the hump

there is no rebuild if tua is signed to the big long term deal before the season starts that you want for him. if they are 6-11 next year after that, and his cap hit only goes up, you are looking at 5 years of being terrible. so you sure you want them to sign tua to that big long term deal right now?
Congrats on waiting nearly 20 posts into one of your threads before the Tua bashing, it usually begins on post 1.

Many of us have had it the last 20 some odd years..I'll continue too have hope tho
Only 2 years with McDaniel though. He wasn't here for the previous 18.

2 years, 2 playoff appearances. We need to have patience to what he is building. We can't keep bring up all the chit that went before him as a reason to be down on what he is building.

Only 2 years with McDaniel though. He wasn't here for the previous 18.

2 years, 2 playoff appearances. We need to have patience to what he is building. We can't keep bring up all the chit that went before him as a reason to be down on what he is building.
Like I said I'll continue to have hope

Maybe McDaniel will improve as a coach, and Tua will improve, and there won't be as many injuries at the end of the season as last year, the only top quarterbacks we play are Stroud, Allen, Allen, Rodgers, Rodgers, Purdy, Stafford. So having another 11-6 record seems doable. If we don't lose too much irreplaceable talent in free agency.

Since Tua had been our QB we have won 10 , 9 , 9 , and 11 games but next year you see 6 wins if we sign him to a deal ?

You just lost all your credibility dude

Peace , out :out:
none of you people can read! i did not say they are going 6-11, someone else did, and said they will need to do another rebuild if that happens. the person who said that also wants tua signed to a big long term deal now. my point was in reply to him, and i simply said if tua is signed to a big long term deal, there is no rebuild to be had. my lord

The rebuild - if needed - comes in 2026. Even with Tua signed to a big contract

There was a really good thread here recently on cap compliance that set this out very clearly.

I get that some may be out on this team after the disappointing end to the season but the most likely outcome is that this core has 2 seasons to get over the hump
i disagree, if tua is signed to a $50mm per year deal, you cannot rebuild. too much money is tied up in him. then part of doing a rebuild is a new QB. you cant get a new QB if tua is signed to a big long term deal. by definition if the team has a bad record, the QB is not doing the job. to be clear i am NOT claiming the team will only win 6 games and need to rebuild, my point is if tua is signed to a long term deal, and the team stinks, they cannot rebuild for the duration of that contract

i disagree, if tua is signed to a $50mm per year deal, you cannot rebuild. too much money is tied up in him. then part of doing a rebuild is a new QB. you cant get a new QB if tua is signed to a big long term deal. by definition if the team has a bad record, the QB is not doing the job. to be clear i am NOT claiming the team will only win 6 games and need to rebuild, my point is if tua is signed to a long term deal, and the team stinks, they cannot rebuild for the duration of that contract
Again what shall we do. Let the contract run out? Trade him to the Jets for Zach Wilson?

Why not trade him to the bears for Fields?

Russell Wilson could be good to save us some money and rebuild on. Lots of options out there if we only keep looking and hoping.

**** even Mac Jones could fill in...in a pinch.

So many options and Grier is seriously considering signing this bum to an extension.

Back
Top Bottom