VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday

We'll be a top 5 D w/ or w/o Revis but we won;t be a great D w/o Revis. We weren't great last year but w/ a healthy jenkins back and w/ the additions I think we will be great assuming revis comes back. You guys will be better but saying that could be the best D your O faces all year is silly.

I tend to agree with junc it's too early to know for sure, However when they play the Buc's this Saturday, hopfully alot of questions about the team in general will become more clear. As for the Jets D. I expect it to be in the top 10.

We'll be a top 5 D w/ or w/o Revis but we won;t be a great D w/o Revis. We weren't great last year but w/ a healthy jenkins back and w/ the additions I think we will be great assuming revis comes back. You guys will be better but saying that could be the best D your O faces all year is silly.

a healthy jenkins? good luck with that. the whole thing really hinges on Revis, especiailly with Ryan's pressure defense. You DO NOT want to see what #1 WR's will do on cromartie island. The list of top WRs the jets will face this year is even more ridiculous than last year.

Florio is a law guy. He doesn't know ANY football. Not to bring him down, he's an excellent journalist. But if you're going to listen to him on the football end of things, we might as well bring back Culpepper. Florio thinks he's a starting QB in this league.

We can't seriously consider ourselves a top flight defense based off 2 weeks of TC and a scrimmage game. Those waiting to see the defense play against Tampa, don't be to disappointed if they don't do a lot of stunting or showing many exotic blitz packages.

They were talking about last saturday's scrimmage, and Sedano asked if the offense is not as good as advertised, if the defense is better than advertised, or if its just early and the D is usually ahead of the offense this time of year. Florio's response:

"Theres a chance that the miami offense scrimmagged against the best defense its going to see all year"

Discuss.

I'm confused by this statement. Did he mean this is the best defense you are going to see all year for the entire league? Or did he mean this is as good as our defense is going to get all year?

I'm confused by this statement. Did he mean this is the best defense you are going to see all year for the entire league? Or did he mean this is as good as our defense is going to get all year?

the best defense WE will play against all year.. meaning we should be able to handle every teams defense we play against because we scrimmage against the best defense we play

all the hype the tv show and no revis is bringing the jets is bad for business...they are the new favre watch...its pathetic...week 1 vs bmore will be an early sign of the jets demise.

key to defensive success in the NFL... QB pressure. period. If you cannot get to the QB, force adjustments by the offense, you will lose way more than you win. You think we win the games against the Colts and Saints last year if we manage even decent pressure from the d-line? We often use the secondary as scapegoats, but it all starts up front with dominant d-linemen. I think The Fins will be much improved there and the new blitzing schemes will make a difference in making the Miami defense harder to prep for and taking a lot of pressure off the secondary. cant wait to see what happens.

we are going to be playing so very good defense's and if our secondary can hold up and not give up big plays then i think we will be a top defense in the NFL as long as we stay healthy i could see us going deep into the playoffs

If the Jets were #1 in defence last season and we beat them twice then I think Miami offence was pretty good. Now with marshall on board and a few other players we should be fine. The upgrades too the defence was the biggest change and everyone knows defence wins games.

anyone see the espn training camp report today?

After the interviews, Bruschi said you know losing a guy like Porter and Taylor, especially Porter who averages 10 sacks a season and produces so much. Then says we had the worst 4th quarter D last year, and losing porter would be terrible. It's basically like he was hating/saying we were bad with porter. Then he said Wake was good in the CFL (like he didnt play last season) and talks down Misi.

Without Revis, the jets literally have no shot. Their team is based off defense, he is unquestionably the best player on the defense and allows others to do what they need to do. The Jets have an average defense without revis, their QB is below average by NFL standards at this point in his career, and their run game is good, that doesnt scream playoffs to me..

Back
Top Bottom