VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday

there are alot of people coming around and fast... keep talking about your jets.. miami has a better offense. WAY better offense!!! brandon marshall> jets best reciever, ronnie brown/ricky williams> Shonn Greene/ Ladanian "washed up" Tomlinson, Jake Long/ Vernon Carey> Ferguson/ Woody, Lousaka Polite> Richardson, and the best for last........................................ Chad Henne>>>>>>> Mark Sanchez..

If the jets are gonna beat the dolphins, they are gonna have to perform some serious magic... 3-0

I'm optimistic for our defense as well but let's get serious here, there is no way our defense is going to be the best defense we play all year. Randy Starks is playing out of position at NT, not that he can't be a good nose tackle, but we already lost one of our de's for the season and this will hurt our depth on the d-line. We didn't address the safety position in the draft, however, we did cut Gibril Wilson.

Dansby is a huge upgrade at Lb and should be a good leader on D as well. The addition of Mike Nolan should help us improve but the big question mark for me about this defense is can we put pressure on the quarterback? People like to say **** Joey Porter and Jason Taylor but those guys could get after the quarterback and other teams took notice of Porter. Not that either of them were great last year but now we will be relying on Wake and a rookie Misi to replace them and I'm not to sure how they will do. I'm hoping they can get the job done but only time will tell. The secondary has to be better this year but if we can't get pressure on the qb it won't matter.

there are alot of people coming around and fast... keep talking about your jets.. miami has a better offense. WAY better offense!!! brandon marshall> jets best reciever, ronnie brown/ricky williams> Shonn Greene/ Ladanian "washed up" Tomlinson, Jake Long/ Vernon Carey> Ferguson/ Woody, Lousaka Polite> Richardson, and the best for last........................................ Chad Henne>>>>>>> Mark Sanchez..

If the jets are gonna beat the dolphins, they are gonna have to perform some serious magic... 3-0

homer_simpson1080-1.gif

Without Revis, the jets literally have no shot. Their team is based off defense, he is unquestionably the best player on the defense and allows others to do what they need to do. The Jets have an average defense without revis, their QB is below average by NFL standards at this point in his career, and their run game is good, that doesnt scream playoffs to me..

No shot to win the SB? maybe but we'll still have a top D in this league and a great shot to be a playoff team. This is not a one man team, he is our best player and we'll need him to get to where we want to go but to act like we will fall apart w/o him is silly.

No shot to win the SB? maybe but we'll still have a top D in this league and a great shot to be a playoff team. This is not a one man team, he is our best player and we'll need him to get to where we want to go but to act like we will fall apart w/o him is silly.
I have noticed lately that you are saying that a lot. Why is that? Are you trying not to get caught up in your teams high expectations for themselves?

I have noticed lately that you are saying that a lot. Why is that? Are you trying not to get caught up in your teams high expectations for themselves?

The comment above was in regards to the Jets w/o revis. W/ Revis I expect we'll be a serious contender for a SB, w/o him I think we can still compete but making a deep January-February run will be difficult w/o our best player.

I am not calling this a SB or bust year, I think this team w/ Revis has a good shot to do some great things this season but the SB is a long way off. I want them to get off to a good start and wint he division before I satrt worrying about the SB. If this is going to be a SB year I want to enjoy the ride. I've waited almost 30 years for a SB and all the miserable seasons and disappointing losses will all have been worth it if we can win one.

The comment above was in regards to the Jets w/o revis. W/ Revis I expect we'll be a serious contender for a SB, w/o him I think we can still compete but making a deep January-February run will be difficult w/o our best player.

I am not calling this a SB or bust year, I think this team w/ Revis has a good shot to do some great things this season but the SB is a long way off. I want them to get off to a good start and wint he division before I satrt worrying about the SB. If this is going to be a SB year I want to enjoy the ride. I've waited almost 30 years for a SB and all the miserable seasons and disappointing losses will all have been worth it if we can win one.
Eh, ok. Pretty much what I figured.

I'm optimistic for our defense as well but let's get serious here, there is no way our defense is going to be the best defense we play all year. Randy Starks is playing out of position at NT, not that he can't be a good nose tackle, but we already lost one of our de's for the season and this will hurt our depth on the d-line. We didn't address the safety position in the draft, however, we did cut Gibril Wilson.

Dansby is a huge upgrade at Lb and should be a good leader on D as well. The addition of Mike Nolan should help us improve but the big question mark for me about this defense is can we put pressure on the quarterback? People like to say **** Joey Porter and Jason Taylor but those guys could get after the quarterback and other teams took notice of Porter. Not that either of them were great last year but now we will be relying on Wake and a rookie Misi to replace them and I'm not to sure how they will do. I'm hoping they can get the job done but only time will tell. The secondary has to be better this year but if we can't get pressure on the qb it won't matter.

we drafted Jones, and signed Douglas and Grant

Back
Top Bottom