vince young at # 16? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young at # 16?

FinNasty said:
Everyone knows baseball is the best sport ever. football is for losers

EDIT: ^^My roommate is a loser...^^

Baseball is better, but football is great too. If I had to pick between the two I'd pick baseball. It's the national pastime. And baseball is coming back, and it'll be back even more once people like Bonds are weeded out of the league.

I give all the credit to V Young on what he has accomplished so far, the rose bowl was just something phenomenal. But this guy is such a raw talent that it would literally take the Dolphins at least 2 years to groom this guy. Now I don't know if the rest of you saw what the Dolphins did last year and what it's capable of doing this year. We need a couple of players to push for a playoff run next year. Thats the bottom line.
I would rather spend our first to someone who would be an instant impact player from day 1, somebody who could contribute right away to help us with our push for the playoff run.

kpcane said:
Baseball is better, but football is great too. If I had to pick between the two I'd pick baseball. It's the national pastime. And baseball is coming back, and it'll be back even more once people like Bonds are weeded out of the league.

Baseball is no longer the national pastime... football is...

PROUDMONKEY said:
Rodgers was never considered to be the TOP pick last year, that is not right at all.

Yes, he was. Up until mid April many projected him to go #1.

finfan54 said:
yeah arron rogers in a bowl game flunked out while VY rolled past USC for the championship. Arron Rogers will go down as a huge bust even at 24.

Yeah, Rodgers sucks in big games. Who cares that he was the last QB before VY to beat USC, that he completed 23 straight passes nearly beating USC again or that in a bowl game win against Virginia Tech with Deangelo Hall in the secondary he was 27/35, 394 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

I watched the whopping 2 quarters he played this year backing up a first ballot hall of famer... and he didn't dig Green Bay out of the four touchdown hole they were in. Clearly he's a bust.

those 23 straight completions against USC are pretty deceiving. i doubt he threw more than 7 yards down the field the entire game. that being said, i like rodgers, he seems much smarter than the typical tedford QB. i think with a year plus on the bench he'll be good. boller and harrington pretty much had to play right away, and that's just not a good thing.

General Tso said:
Yeah, Rodgers sucks in big games. Who cares that he was the last QB before VY to beat USC, that he completed 23 straight passes nearly beating USC again or that in a bowl game win against Virginia Tech with Deangelo Hall in the secondary he was 27/35, 394 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

I watched the whopping 2 quarters he played this year backing up a first ballot hall of famer... and he didn't dig Green Bay out of the four touchdown hole they were in. Clearly he's a bust.
i dont think you can call rodgers a bust but i dont think he's the dolphins answer.....we've rolled the dice too much on unproven QB's....fiedler, feeley, lucas, and even frerrotte....lets get brees and stop talking about this crapp...(please let this be the last deadline)..

and if we get brees i would not get young at 16 if he's there.....we have too many need areas....id go secondary 1st-hill, cromartie or jimmy williams

Back
Top Bottom