vince young at # 16? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young at # 16?

i didnt say he was going 2nd as a qb i said robinson will go second (as a athlete) i heared it on the nfl network mike mayock said he'll be a safety

I think if Young dropped to 16 Saban would try to use him as a bargaining chip to trade down. I think Saban likes Croyle and his temperment and arm all the way. Still just a hunch but I think I can get a feel for what Saban looks for based on the past and perceptions, or nonperceptions....

primetime23 said:
i didnt say he was going 2nd as a qb i said robinson will go second (as a athlete) i heared it on the nfl network mike mayock said he'll be a safety

Then why even compare him to Young?

finfan54 said:
I think if Young dropped to 16 Saban would try to use him as a bargaining chip to trade down. I think Saban likes Croyle and his temperment and arm all the way. Still just a hunch but I think I can get a feel for what Saban looks for based on the past and perceptions, or nonperceptions....

I could see that happening as well.

If Young falls to #16... he'll still be there at #17.

young's attitude concerns me. He's a me first guy and would need to be the star on any team he goes to. Frankly, i would prefer a good, blue-collar qb who would get the job done quietly...

and for all those who are saying an idiot wouldn't be good on the football field, have you seen the waterboy!?!?

weisdolphins said:
Nobodys talking about Mike Vick he said Vince Young

I think he means theres no difference between the two.

Psychosikes said:
young's attitude concerns me. He's a me first guy and would need to be the star on any team he goes to. Frankly, i would prefer a good, blue-collar qb who would get the job done quietly...

and for all those who are saying an idiot wouldn't be good on the football field, have you seen the waterboy!?!?

Damn, its like people just are starting to make things up about Young now. Now he's a me first and probably selfish guy. Next thing you'll hear rumors he was accused of murder.

Face it guys, if Young is at 16 when Miami picks, he's our future quarterback. Saban doesn't like Brodie Croyle (yeah, real star qb right there) enough to be acting a fool in the draft and passing up decent prospects. He probably wont even have that problem either way because Young is going way before Miami picks.

k... i know you guys guys wanna take away the fact that he outscored USC, something which brady quinn or anyone else for that matter could not do, bringing the national championship to texas. all right fine, dont want to give him credit for that ok, crappy defense. what about the ohio state game early in the year? had one of the best defenses in the nation with 3 possible 1st rounders from that group. what did vince voung do? complete 62% of his passes, throw for 270 yds, and throw 2 tds (i know you haters are gonna bring this up, he threw 2 ints) one those tds coming in the last couple of minutes to put his team ahead. just goes to show that he not only does it against "crappy defenses", he can also hang up with there with the elite. say cuz its cuz of the easy offense, say its cuz he runs and thats it. w/e you guys wanna say, he still gets the job done.

From Draftcountdown.com :D

• Don't look now but the honeymoon could be coming to a halt for Texas QB Vince Young and the critiques of his game from scouts are becoming increasingly negative.

i was in reference to young's complaining about not winning the heisman in his speech after the winning the national championship. Also, can you name one other player on an exceptionally talented texas O? I am sure you can, as can most of us, but the vast majority of casusal football fans think texas o = vince young... and i've never seen him go out of his was to thank his line for blocking (which they do well) or his tall-*** receivers from keeping his deep ball from being picked. I'll admit i don't like young and am biased because of it, but the guy doesn't strike me as a team player.

Back
Top Bottom