vince young at # 16? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young at # 16?

Wallace758 said:
just look at aaron rodgers last year..suppose to be the top pick..slides down to the packers at 24 i believe

but aarron rogers cant even hold VY's sweaty jockstrap.

DolphinDevil28 said:
USC's defense had guys starting that were being brought to school on a yellow bus the year before.

Vince Young cannot throw the football in the NFL. Period.

there aint nothing wrong with his throws.

LIQUID24 said:
Aaron Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Young

yeah arron rogers in a bowl game flunked out while VY rolled past USC for the championship. Arron Rogers will go down as a huge bust even at 24.

finfan54 said:
yeah arron rogers in a bowl game flunked out while VY rolled past USC for the championship. Arron Rogers will go down as a huge bust even at 24.

Please. You watch guys 1 or 2 times and pretend to know what you're talking about. You ain't foolin nobody.

fins54 said:
Didn't Marino have a low wonderlic score? :wink:

If you got a 6 on the wonderlic you are pretty damn slow.

What is the next number in this series 8,4,2,1,1/2, 1/4.....
OR
if the first two lines are true is the third:
1. All baseball players wear caps
2. John is a baseball play
3. John wears a cap

However the wonderlic, does not mean you can't learn.

Young didn't beat SC ------- SC beat SC. They were over-confident with an already suspect defense. Leinart was too caught up in the Hollywood moment and too many of those players were laughing it up on the sidelines.

Our Future QB?

young3ce-1.jpg

No thanks.

keep it going philter. :lol:

because young had one good year, and none against good defenses (except ohio state, where he wasn't too good) is enough reason for him to drop. you just don't draft flashes in the pan that high.

Bill C said:
Young didn't beat SC ------- SC beat SC. They were over-confident with an already suspect defense. Leinart was too caught up in the Hollywood moment and too many of those players were laughing it up on the sidelines.

Ok, I agree that Vince is the riskiest player in this draft. But statements like this...come on, give the guy some credit! That was the single most impressive performance I have seen by an offensive player in a college game. I'll agree that SC messed up (Bush's pitch back for example) and the defense was mediocre (keep in mind that they did have 3 All Pac-10 1st teamers though), but the fact is that they were still up 13 late in the 4th quarter. No one was over-confident that late in a close game.

On Vince as a draft pick: we can't call him a sure bust because there has never been a QB with his combination of speed, size, and passing statistics coming from the college level. We have nothing to compare him to. Now I know his motion is unorthodox, if not downright ugly. And he wasn't asked to go downfield much in college and many of his throws were on the run or short routes. But maybe someone can put this kid in the right system where he can thrive.

That being said...I think he's way too risky as a top-5 pick. The further he falls, the smaller his contract will be, the less needy the team will be and the less risky the pick becomes. And no, I don't want the Phins to take him at #16 if he's there, which I doubt he will be due to the hype.

i cant believe all these vince young haters. This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board

primetime23 said:
i cant believe all these vince young haters. This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board

Where are you getting your info? Michael Robinson in the 2nd??? Yeah right, for one he's not even projected as a QB in the NFL and secondly he's a 5+ rounder at best.

primetime23 said:
i cant believe all these vince young haters.
oh boy.
This guy totally owned a.j hawlk and carpenter when they were talking tough ''our goal is after this game to make people not say vince young is a hiesman canidate'' lol yea right. I was lauging when he was running over the usc d as well, near the ending I totally saw him walk over this one guy on his way to the endzone, young is a freak people try to go for his legs and all he does is walk over them. Does anyone know robinson the guys from penn state hes projected to go in the second round and hes a lower version of vince young. If he goes in the second round I don't know how vince young does not go in the 1st round, miami dolphins the only way the phins dont get young is if huff is on the board
absolutely no one has robinson projected as either a QB or a 2nd round pick. if you do, then frankly your analysis of young is thrown out the window.

primetime23 said:

Being a PSU grad and seeing every home game this year, no, I have no idea who Robinson is. :lol:

Robinson has had horrible combines..... I wouldnt even touch him in the draft. He isnt going to play QB in the NFL.... if anything he will play WR and be an Antawaan Randle El type player.

Credibility = 0.

Thanks for playing.

Back
Top Bottom