vince young at # 16? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young at # 16?

Mel Kiper still has Young going third, and Cutler I believe going to the Raiders?

football is cool

Everyone knows baseball is the best sport ever. football is for losers

EDIT: ^^My roommate is a loser...^^

DolphinDevil28 said:
:confused:

Who hi-jacked your user account?
my roommate... he is ********...

BringBackShula said:
THere's no way Young drops down to us. I know about the Aaron Rogers thing last year, but he's not Vince YOung.

You are right. Rodgers was a more polished QB.

DolphinDevil28 said:
He sure is if he thinks baseball is a hair on football's butt.
ya... he calls football a ***** sport... yet loves baseball... :shakeno:

FinNasty said:
ya... he calls football a ***** sport... yet loves baseball... :shakeno:

:roflmao:

That's like saying "My girlfriend is Janet Reno, but Jessica Alba is butt ugly!"

NLude33 said:
He is not dropping just because of that. It is the 6 on the wonderlick, the side arm throwing motion, the fact that he took 8 snaps from under center the entire season last year, and the fact that Mack Brown had to dummy down his offense so Vince could run it.

Dummy down a college offense to play against Big 12 teams? That doesn't sound good.

Didn't Alex Smith the #1 pick last year play primarily from the shotgun as well?

I keep hearing this conception that Mack Brown dummied down the offense, but have never seen legitimate confirmation of it.

endorphin said:
Didn't Alex Smith the #1 pick last year play primarily from the shotgun as well?

I keep hearing this conception that Mack Brown dummied down the offense, but have never seen legitimate confirmation of it.

Go back and look at Texas's offense with Chris Simms at QB, and their offense with Vince Young at QB. Chris Simms was in a pro style system at Texas. They tried to get Vince Young to play in that system, but he was terrible at it. So, they changed it to the zone-read scheme that put Vince in the shotgun and gave him the option to throw or run if his first read wasn't open. That's why it is called a zone-read, or a read-option scheme. Vince was given the greenlight to take off and run whenever he wanted to. Anyone that thinks that will ever work at the NFL level is whistling dixie.

KB21 said:
Go back and look at Texas's offense with Chris Simms at QB, and their offense with Vince Young at QB. Chris Simms was in a pro style system at Texas. They tried to get Vince Young to play in that system, but he was terrible at it. So, they changed it to the zone-read scheme that put Vince in the shotgun and gave him the option to throw or run if his first read wasn't open. That's why it is called a zone-read, or a read-option scheme. Vince was given the greenlight to take off and run whenever he wanted to. Anyone that thinks that will ever work at the NFL level is whistling dixie.
and just think how long it took simms to adjust to the pro level.

Juan Cribbs said:
and just think how long it took simms to adjust to the pro level.

Not that long, 3 years is what it normally takes.

Rookie season-3rd round pick of defending Super Bowl champs. Not gonna start unless Johnson gets hurt.

2nd year- Johnson struggles, Simms gets a chance. Gets hurt, and Griese has a pretty good season.

3rd year-Griese wins starting job due to his success the year before. Tears his MCL. Simms comes in and leads his team to the playoffs.

Drew Brees played in a shotgun at Purdue, and it took him 4 years to adjust to the NFL. And also keep this in mind, he was in a completely different type of offense to what Young was in.

ChambersWI said:
Not that long, 3 years is what it normally takes.

Rookie season-3rd round pick of defending Super Bowl champs. Not gonna start unless Johnson gets hurt.

2nd year- Johnson struggles, Simms gets a chance. Gets hurt, and Griese has a pretty good season.

3rd year-Griese wins starting job due to his success the year before. Tears his MCL. Simms comes in and leads his team to the playoffs.

Drew Brees played in a shotgun at Purdue, and it took him 4 years to adjust to the NFL. And also keep this in mind, he was in a completely different type of offense to what Young was in.
i live near tampa, all i heard since simms has been here is that he can't pick up the offense and how disappointed gruden was with him. he was horrible in training camp and preseason this past year and showed lacks of progress. considering he played in a pro-style offense in college and in an NFL offense for 3 years, it shouldn't have taken him that long.

Back
Top Bottom