Waiver claims must be submitted by noon today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waiver claims must be submitted by noon today

There were a lot of surprising cuts...

Teyo Johnson, TE Raiders
Vince Carter, C Raiders
Antajj Hawthorne, DE Raiders
Hugh Douglass, DE/DT Eagles (I know he's old)
Ernest Shazor, S Cardinals
Anton Palapoi, DE Broncos
Cletidus Hunt, DT Packers

This is what I saw glancing through the cut list. I know some of these guys are real reaches, but I swear most of them were talked about on this board at some time.

Teyo Johnson i think is a real quality Tight End, he'd be very good to get cheap. Much better than Donald Lee, very athletic, makes some great catches. I'd love to bring him in. I'm not sure how good a blocker he is though, but if he can block favorably i think he's a must pickup.

BSanders#20 said:

Teyo Johnson, TE Raiders
Vince Carter, C Raiders

This is what I saw glancing through the cut list. I know some of these guys are real reaches, but I swear most of them were talked about on this board at some time.

ernest shazor wasn't drafted. He's no more surprising then Kay jay harris getting cut.

BSanders#20 said:

Teyo Johnson, TE Raiders
Vince Carter, C Raiders

at some point someone here wanted to trade Ricky, Ronnie, Jason, Zach, Feeley and or frerrotte for them:goof:

I didn't say Shazor was drafted, but a lot of people wanted us to pick him up. It's funny how the three safety's discussed on this board during the draft, Rosegreen, shazor and bigby were all released after the preseason.

finsnchips said:
I disagree... Holmes is around for his blocking.

If we were able to get Teyo Johnson then I think it would be Diamond that got cut. There was a rumour that he was going to get cut, although it was probably just that, a rumour.

Diamond has played very well this preseason, I hope we don't cut him.

I wonder who is salivating over our cuts and wondering if their team is going to make a move and get them.

Dudeman said:
so we'll know this afternoon which players we picked up. There were quite a few guys that could definitely improve this team, so I'm hoping that Nick took advantage of our great waiver priority this year.

Do you have any idea when we will know if we claimed anyone?

cnc66 said:
haven't we already cut Diamond?

I don't think so. Why would we? He has played well in the preseason and was diving all over the field to make catches. I think that is a Nick Saban, type of player.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Do you have any idea when we will know if we claimed anyone?

prob 3-4 pm....

the deadline passed an hour ago, so the league office now has to sift through all the claims, and award them to the highest priority. The only team that can pick before us is San Fran, so if they pass, we have the pick of the litter.

BTW, just so some of you dont get confused, it DOES NOT work like fantasy sports. We keep the #2 claim spot for every player waived, its not like we pick a guy and go to the back of the line. We have second pick of any guy available.

This is why I believe its very important for Nick and Randy to take advantage of this spot now, because next year, we may not be in the same position.

Dudeman said:
prob 3-4 pm....

the deadline passed an hour ago, so the league office now has to sift through all the claims, and award them to the highest priority. The only team that can pick before us is San Fran, so if they pass, we have the pick of the litter.

BTW, just so some of you dont get confused, it DOES NOT work like fantasy sports. We keep the #2 claim spot for every player waived, its not like we pick a guy and go to the back of the line. We have second pick of any guy available.

This is why I believe its very important for Nick and Randy to take advantage of this spot now, because next year, we may not be in the same position.
so technically we'd be able to claim every guy, if we wanted and the 49ers didnt??

finsnchips said:
so technically we'd be able to claim every guy, if we wanted and the 49ers didnt??

yes........and thats what the Cards did last year....

the reason teams dont go crazy and claim 20 guys is because you have to cut somebody once you claim someone else.

That said, I wouldn't be suprised to see 5 or 6 new guys by days end

BSanders#20 said:

Teyo Johnson, TE Raiders
Vince Carter, C Raiders

I'm not sure there is many players in the NFL that hasn't had a thread started about them on this board. Seems like anybody that sneezes gets a thread.

Back
Top Bottom