Waiver claims must be submitted by noon today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Waiver claims must be submitted by noon today

NJFinFury2004 said:
I don't think so. Why would we? He has played well in the preseason and was diving all over the field to make catches. I think that is a Nick Saban, type of player.

you are correct. I got off my lazy azz and looked. I dunno why I had that in my head..:goof:

Any chance we will pick up any one worth getting excited about? These are players that other teams cut so they can't be that good if they couldn't hold a roster spot? It's like other teams getting excited to pick up Donald Lee, who we know was a headache this off season. Don't mean to stir up an argument, just wondering what everyone thinks.

Guess we won't be trading Morris like I thought we might with the Chatman signing.

finsnchips said:
so technically we'd be able to claim every guy, if we wanted and the 49ers didnt??
Remember that vested veterans, such as Cletidus Hunt, do not go through the waivers process. They are cut, their contracts terminated, and are free to sign with any team. Even if we wanted Hunt, we would probably wait until week 2, b/c any vested veteran on an opening day roster is guaranteed his full season's salary, even if he is cut the next week.

Vince Carter and Anttaj Hawthorne getting cut is not a suprise. Vince Carter, quite simply, isn't an NFL player. Hawthorne, as I told you guys before and during the draft, has this problem where he only plays when he wants to. You don't waste a roster spot on guys like that, especially guys who obviously have a drug problem as well.

Dudeman said:
yes........and thats what the Cards did last year....

the reason teams dont go crazy and claim 20 guys is because you have to cut somebody once you claim someone else.

That said, I wouldn't be suprised to see 5 or 6 new guys by days end
I sure hope you are right.I personally am able to put up with a learning curve to the new guy's as long as there is a upside to them.I guess we will all see soon what saban's got.

Back
Top Bottom