Wallace or Jennings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace or Jennings

I would be happy with either but given the choice I would go Wallace in a heart beat. Having him would completely force teams to not only double team him but drop their Safeway out of the box.

At the end of the day eitherbWallace or Jennings would be amazing. Not keen on Bowe though

Both deserve slightly above average contracts but not BMarshall money, they arent nearly as deserving of that kind of money.

Both deserve slightly above average contracts but not BMarshall money, they arent nearly as deserving of that kind of money.

Well if we r not willing to give them that type of money the prepare to have Hartline come back as our #1 WR. Both those guys r going to want $8+ mill a year easy.

I'll take Jennings, resign Hartline and draft Robert Woods with our first pick in the 2nd round (if available). Thats a solid 1-2-3 punch with some Bess in the slot and Matthews still developing. That lineup resembles more of what Joe Philbin is likely to do at WR than breaking the bank for Bowe/Wallace or drafting a potential Diva WR.

Wallace is a very overrated player.

Jennings all day.

You are out of your mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZOLk-Q9UY

It's funny, bc watching Mike Wallace..he's a long strider, gets behind the defense at will, explosive...he is precisely what Teddy Ginn was SUPPOSED to be.

We get Mike Wallace to open up the field, with Bess in the slot Hartline #2...and a first down machine in Tyler Efiert TE Notre Dame...

....that's a pretty fearsome offense. Tannehill will have guys open all over the field.

He's good for what he is . . . but he doesn't fit the type of WR they use in GreenBay so one would assume he doesn't fit what Joe Philbin is looking for. Obviously you take him if he was cheap, but then to throw 10 million plus a year at him . . . I'm not so sure that is a route we go.

I think Jennings has gotta be the #1 target . . . if we loved James Jones . . . you can only imagine how much we are gonna love Greg Jennings.

He's good for what he is . . . but he doesn't fit the type of WR they use in GreenBay so one would assume he doesn't fit what Joe Philbin is looking for. Obviously you take him if he was cheap, but then to throw 10 million plus a year at him . . . I'm not so sure that is a route we go.

I think Jennings has gotta be the #1 target . . . if we loved James Jones . . . you can only imagine how much we are gonna love Greg Jennings.

I do agree with that. Jennings is a better route runner and the routes Philbin has these guys running are super complex. But idk man...Mike Wallace explosive ability has me salivating.

I do agree with that. Jennings is a better route runner and the routes Philbin has these guys running are super complex. But idk man...Mike Wallace explosive ability has me salivating.

Put it like this . . . I would not be protesting if come Free Agency I see "Mike Wallace signs with Miami". He certainly is a force that requires defenses to gameplan against.

Well if we r not willing to give them that type of money the prepare to have Hartline come back as our #1 WR. Both those guys r going to want $8+ mill a year easy.

Yup. Unless you have Tom Brady, you have to pay elite players elite money. We can afford to. Drafting a WR high...ok...but why go that route when you can AFFORD a proven guy?

In what world would any Dolphins fan prefer to have Wallace or Jennings and Hartline over Wallace and Jennings? :confused:

In the real world, where you don't tie up almost 17 million dollars for 2 players at the same position.

Sign one, draft one ala Roddy White/Julio Jones

Welcome to the world of Free Agency . . . where Karlos Dansby is the highest paid LBer in the NFL when he signs (and I like Karlos). When you don't draft well and don't have guys waiting in the wings . . . you are forced to be put in a position to pay a premium to get a proven guy.

I will say one thing, if there was ever a year to ignore your biggest need in FA (Wide Receiver) for the draft . . . this would be it. With the right scouting . . . you could find 3 WR's in the first 2 days of the draft that would make peanuts under their rookie contracts and probably give you more upside than what you could get in Free Agency. The Wide Receiver position in this draft is scary good and extremely deep.

IMO if you get Wallace you open up your first two picks to other positions besides wr. Wallace, hartline, bess, and than drafting a wr with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round.

If you get Jennings you don't get that luxury because he's older and injury prone. You still need to draft a wr pretty high IMO.

That alone is reason enough for me to take Wallace among other reasons. We have a lot of areas to fill.

Back
Top Bottom