Wallace or Jennings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace or Jennings

Let Hartline walk!!!!!!!!!!!!! that guy was the only receiver that did anything for the team, first of all they need a TE to control the middle of the field and then a fast guy that can catch and a guy they can feature.

We already have a good possession receiver under contract in Davone Bess.

Bess is so overrated by Miami fans.

As for the OP, it would be a typical Ireland move to let Hartline walk and sign a big free agent, who will end up not being better than Hartline, but paid more.

Bess is so overrated by Miami fans.

As for the OP, it would be a typical Ireland move to let Hartline walk and sign a big free agent, who will end up not being better than Hartline, but paid more.
Agree with you on Bess, not on Ireland. Don't think Bess has enough speed for the type of O we are developing, I expect Hartline to be resigned because he is our best receiver and has great chemistry with Tannehill, what is not to like?

I IMO think Wallace is overrrated in a sense that he hasn't shown alot of what a WCO WR needs.

He's fast and has decent hands, but can he run routes effectively? IDK. But his speed is killer.

Jennings. My only concern is his durability. But if they are both healthy Jennings is the better route runner and seems to be the better locker room guy. I would def take Wallace over Dwayne Bowe though.

They're both equally as good. Except Mike Wallace has the homerun factor and 3 years younger so he gets the my vote! They both fit this offence though.

As a Steelers fan I can attest to just how incredible Wallace can be. Now, you might not know this but Big Ben does not throw a good deep ball. Ben cannot hit his receivers in stride on slants or posts. He just doesn't have it. Wallace was lights out until he felt disrespected by the FO with lack of contract. It is no surprise that his play fell off when Steelers made it known they were giving Brown the big contract instead of him. From what I have seen with his tweeting, and things he has said, Wallace has a lot of punk in him. Partying hard, hanging with suspect crowd, thuggish behavior. Brown was the polar opposite, so Steelers decided to give their love to Brown and I can't say I fault them. Wallace is more than a speed demon. He can run the route tree but like I said, a lot of his talent is wasted by Ben. If Wallace played on turf with a better QB his numbers would be crazy. As is, they were crazy until last year and still he puts up TD and yards. He more so than Jennings would really open things up for you guys. I think in Miami he could be the bigger star that he wants to be. Blowing the top off defenses would open up things for Hartline assuming you sign him and Bess, Mathews, draft pick.

Of course maybe you don't want a guy like that who loses focus during games and is a little more diva. I don't think you could go wrong with either but only one has world class speed. Maybe signing Jared Cook at TE and Wallace is something you can do with that cap room. That right there would give Tanny the weapons all the other young QB around the league seem to have. Not for nothing but the mere fact that Tannehill didn't make a complete ass of himself is a testament to the kid. With that Oline and WR corp it would have made more sense for him to play like Gabbert or Henne than the poised QB he already is.

Like I argue with my buddy, it's kinda hard to go through your progressions when a. you are given no time to set by your line and b. your receivers tend not to get separation. Hopefully you will surround him with talent and give him a fair shot. You'll know by middle of next season whether he is franchise QB or not and then I assume Ireland and the whole lot get fired and you start over...again.

Sign one draft one "ala 2 guys drafted" interesting example

both those guys were drafted btw, but i get the point. and i agree that we we should sign a wr and then follow up in the draft with a wr who can come in and contribute day 1

I'm tired of seeing a slow slot receiver on this team. We need an upgrade. I'm so over seeing him try to outjuke the defender while falling down. We need playmakers.

Well when you line Jennings up in the slot like Green Bay does all the time you will not have a slow slot reciever. lol.

Wallace gives the big time deep threat. I think what we need is more of a big physical receiver. More akin to Megatron/ Fitzgerald, Boldin.

I just don't know anyone who is available like that, unless it's from the draft.

And from what I've read on here, Bowe has a character issue much like Marshall.

Team sources tell the Miami Herald the Dolphins have "every intention" of pursuing impending free agents Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings if they reach the open market.

Pretty sure both these guys won't be bak with current team so boys who would u rather have? Me I say Wallace he brings speed we much need then we draft a bailey or Allen

We need Wallace, Jennings would be a terrible signing

-Wallace is younger
-Wallace has less injury concerns
-Wallace will help stretch the field

That last point is the key. We need a legitimate burner to stretch the field, and give Hartline and Bess room to work inside. Jennings is a good player, and is familiar w/ the West Coast offense. But he will not fix our need for a big time playmaker at WR

We need Wallace, Jennings would be a terrible signing

-Wallace is younger
-Wallace has less injury concerns
-Wallace will help stretch the field

That last point is the key. We need a legitimate burner to stretch the field, and give Hartline and Bess room to work inside. Jennings is a good player, and is familiar w/ the West Coast offense. But he will not fix our need for a big time playmaker at WR
:rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom