wannsteddt quote | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wannsteddt quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
CirclingWagons said:
wanny did a great job the first 2 years, was lame the second 2.
He's a decent coach, and a nice guy, but he's proven he can't get it done. Fins need a fiery coach(a la Gruden instead of Dungy). Bucs players loved Dungy, but he couldn't take them that far. They don't like Gruden, but he got the most out of them, made their offense come to life. I'm comparing the Bucs and fins cause they are/were in almost an identical situation: Nice coach that the players like but he can't get it done, an anemic offense, bad o-line, great defense, and the history of choking in the cold weather. Also, TB switched OC's a lot during Dungy's last few years and they still had the same result.
Dolphins need a coach who will get in their faces, not one who will hold their hands and say everything's alright
Wannstedt is a great guy. A good Catholic (like me), and proven to be an avg coach. I don't want him burned at the stake.....and I don't even want him to go away mad....I just want him to go away.

We need Nick Saban. Thats the bottom line.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Actually my position is that, if you don't praise anything about this team, you are not a fan at all.

Not really that amazing at all.
I praise plenty about this team. McMichael, Chambers, Surtain. I think we have the potential in a few years to have a very solid Oline (similar to Denver's of a few years back), if Ogun comes back our Dline should be very good. If Poole pans out, our secondary should be outstanding for a few more years. I like Donald Lee behind RMac. I have no idea what the long term prospects are for AJ Feely. I am not optimistic about the short term. But in a year or two, he might be another Brad Johnson, a steady-eddy who seldom gets you beat (unlike JF, who often gets you beat).

But our coaching leaves alot to be desired.

Pope Shula XIV said:
I agree with you that the Dolphins won't go 2-14 this year. Extremists on both sides of the argument irritate me. It's my opinion that with Coach Wannstedt we're capable of only being "not bad", never horrible or excellent, just not bad.
I agree with this. With DW, we are a 7-9 to 11-5 (early playoff exit) team.

IMO, that doesnt cut it.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You have every right to your opinion, especially since he has not produced a SB, but some extremists are already stating that if the Fins win the SB under Wanny, it will be in spite of him, not because of him. That is the type of rhetoric that I take a stand against.

Notice that when a poster takes an opposing opinion to mine that is not filled with nonsensical rantings and false claims, I have no problem with them.
Who said if DW takes us to the SB that he wouldnt get credit? Specifically, who said that? I contend there is no way in hell he can get us there....but if the world goes crazy and he does, I'll give him all the credit in the world.

Mile High Fin said:
** VERY NICE POST **
Level-headed and rational fan perspective.
I wish more fans had a similar capacity to objectively and rationally assess our situation and outlook.
Too many people flock to one extreme or the other (but usually slant too negative)....
Nice job. :cool:
:rolleyes: This post is just so much nonsense, its hard to take seriously. The "objective and rational fan" is the one that sees DW for what he is. Its the Irrational Homers (ironic that Homer is your avatar) is one who mysteriously has faith in DW. Thats the neurosis here.

Dolfan954 said:
This reminds me of what Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich says on the radio.

You don't agree with someone, and that's a reason to get personal? Are you serious? This is the unfortunate trend I've noticed on other threads, and it's getting ridiculous. What happened to agreeing to disagree and debating (not arguing) like mature adults? Someone doesn't agree with you, so you "might" have to resort to name calling? Thanks. I'll be sure to ignore your future posts, as that comment gives me plenty of insight to your frame of mind.

Infins already said everything else I was going to say, so I'll let his post speak for itself.

On a parting note, I've made it a policy of mine not to argue with ignorant statements...especially over the internet, which only makes BOTH parties look stupid, so that that's all I have to say. Don't bother looking for another post from me after your response, because there will be none.

Enjoy the season...
I agree Dolfan954. FFIB should be ashamed of himself for making this thread personal. Good of you to point this out about what kind of person he is.

MajorCanz said:
I praise plenty about this team. McMichael, Chambers, Surtain. I think we have the potential in a few years to have a very solid Oline (similar to Denver's of a few years back), if Ogun comes back our Dline should be very good. If Poole pans out, our secondary should be outstanding for a few more years. I like Donald Lee behind RMac. I have no idea what the long term prospects are for AJ Feely. I am not optimistic about the short term. But in a year or two, he might be another Brad Johnson, a steady-eddy who seldom gets you beat (unlike JF, who often gets you beat).

MajorCanz said:
I can't imagine why anyone would be optimistic about this team. Horrible head coach, all new Oline, proven defense (and what they've proven isn't a good thing) bad starting QB, spent next years second round pick on ANOTHER bad QB, traded for a WR with more issues than catches, RB who is inhaling dual purpose cigarettes.......

MajorCanz said:
Who said if DW takes us to the SB that he wouldnt get credit? Specifically, who said that? I contend there is no way in hell he can get us there....but if the world goes crazy and he does, I'll give him all the credit in the world.
Your words will mean as much then as they do now.

MajorCanz said:
Whatever. You are reaching. If a coach wins a SB, surely he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

I ask you seriously, what in Wannstedt's past experience is there to cause you to trust that he can turn this around?

I would really like to know. Forget my take on the subjects...Not that its inconsistent, but it is irrelevant. What makes you trust Wannstedt?

11-5
11-5
9-7
10-6

with teams that weren't as talented as other teams they finished ahead of or tied with.

MajorCanz said:
I agree Dolfan954. FFIB should be ashamed of himself for making this thread personal. Good of you to point this out about what kind of person he is.

Nice try, but you've already been outed.

MajorCanz said:
:rolleyes: This post is just so much nonsense, its hard to take seriously. The "objective and rational fan" is the one that sees DW for what he is. Its the Irrational Homers (ironic that Homer is your avatar) is one who mysteriously has faith in DW. Thats the neurosis here.

Why is it that you just can't stand for people to disagree with you, no matter how non-threatening their post?

MajorCanz said:
I agree with this. With DW, we are a 7-9 to 11-5 (early playoff exit) team.

IMO, that doesnt cut it.

Here is your initial post

MajorCanz said:
The point, for those of you who seem to miss it, is that Wanny is delusional.

Wanny was trying to say that specific signings and hirings, etc., would breed optimism. Has it? Anybody out there just can't wait to see how "successful" this bunch will be? Anyone making rosy predictions?

I can't imagine why anyone would be optimistic about this team. Horrible head coach, all new Oline, proven defense (and what they've proven isn't a good thing) bad starting QB, spent next years second round pick on ANOTHER bad QB, traded for a WR with more issues than catches, RB who is inhaling dual purpose cigarettes.......
But some refuse to get caught up in the details. This the time for them to be optimistic, regardless--and they'll patiently wait on reality to smack them in rear-end.

If you had taken a less hysterical position in your opening post, this thread would have died 200 posts ago.

Exactly. Right now, thats what he brought us, a QB on Jays level. Whose to say that in two, three, or four years, AJ won't be All Pro? How could anyone know? All we now is that he isn't at Jays level.

inFINSible said:
Your words will mean as much then as they do now.
Yes, they will. Exactly the same as yours and everyone elses on this board. Keen insights from you, there, InFANtile.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Here is your initial post

If you had taken a less hysterical position in your opening post, this thread would have died 200 posts ago.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You and your boy Infinsible need to get out more. You guys have posted my original post continuously. Good to see that I made such an impact on you guys.

And it wasn't hysterical....it was true. My first post was and so is this one. But we'll post the poll questions to see If I am truly the only Fins fan that feels this way. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom