wannsteddt quote | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wannsteddt quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinfanInBuffalo said:
Actually my position is that, if you don't praise anything about this team, you are not a fan at all.

Not really that amazing at all.

:roflmao: ** SNAP **

Great retort.....I agree 100% :cool:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm willing to bet this season (and apparently so is WH) that Wanny can take this team farther if the play on the OL improves enough to not be handcuffed on offense. If the OL play improves, then Wanny will need to get this team into the playoffs and play like a team that has a legitimate shot at winning it all.

I honestly believe that the team overachieved in 2000 and 2001, were killed by injuries in 2002, and had dreadful OL play in 2003. I think Wanny did a very respectable coaching job in 2002 and 2003 to achieve the 9-7 and 10-6 records.

Wanny, the GM, has already taken the blame for the lack of depth at QB in 2002 and the disaster at OL in 2003. If the consensus in the FO is that the OL talent was adequately addressed and Wanny doesn't produce, he will be gone.

I thought there was nearly universal agreement within the Dolphin faithful that Jay Fiedler is the anti-christ (although I don't agree) and that the OL was the worst in the NFL (not quite, but they were baaaaadddd). Given those two factors, how can people claim that the offensive talent was on par with the top teams in the league? And if the talent is not on par, how can the coaching staff be held solely accountable?

You have every right to your opinion, especially since he has not produced a SB, but some extremists are already stating that if the Fins win the SB under Wanny, it will be in spite of him, not because of him. That is the type of rhetoric that I take a stand against.

Notice that when a poster takes an opposing opinion to mine that is not filled with nonsensical rantings and false claims, I have no problem with them.

** VERY NICE POST **
Level-headed and rational fan perspective.
I wish more fans had a similar capacity to objectively and rationally assess our situation and outlook.
Too many people flock to one extreme or the other (but usually slant too negative)....
Nice job. :cool:

Notice that when a poster takes an opposing opinion to mine that is not filled with nonsensical rantings and false claims, I have no problem with them.

Amen.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I thought there was nearly universal agreement within the Dolphin faithful that Jay Fiedler is the anti-christ (although I don't agree) and that the OL was the worst in the NFL (not quite, but they were baaaaadddd). Given those two factors, how can people claim that the offensive talent was on par with the top teams in the league? And if the talent is not on par, how can the coaching staff be held solely accountable?

I agree...As much as I've complained about Wanny and his decisions...I do feel that the lack of talent on offense has held him back. Wannstedt himself said that he had to be more conservative because "we don't have that kind of offense", which is to say we don't have the players to be as aggressive as we could be. Every time the offense showed glimpses of greatness (vs. dallas) they regressed terribly shortly thereafter (at Buffalo). If Feeley shows any ability to hit the deep ball, Wannstedt will have no excuses as to why the offense must remain conservative.

Wannstedt and Norv Turner were handcuffed in play calling because of the horrible o-line talent and erratic QB.

At some point, the blame goes off the coach and onto the untalented players.

MajorCanz said:
I'm not going to get into calling you a name...YET. I am going to let the moderators deal with you.

I do root for the Fins to win every game...but OBVIOUSLY I don't wait until the end of the season to complain. I started complaining about the substandard Fins in 1998, and they have done nothing really to make me change my tune. They are the SAME OL FINS. Same losers. Same chokers.

But I think we have some good players to be optimistic about. Too bad they won't be prepared well enough to take advantage of it.

This reminds me of what Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich says on the radio.

"You wonder about some of these guys who call in, and you realize that they're actual living, breathing human beings, and they're out there...somewhere, and that's scary..."

You don't agree with someone, and that's a reason to get personal? Are you serious? This is the unfortunate trend I've noticed on other threads, and it's getting ridiculous. What happened to agreeing to disagree and debating (not arguing) like mature adults? Someone doesn't agree with you, so you "might" have to resort to name calling? Thanks. I'll be sure to ignore your future posts, as that comment gives me plenty of insight to your frame of mind.

Infins already said everything else I was going to say, so I'll let his post speak for itself.

On a parting note, I've made it a policy of mine not to argue with ignorant statements...especially over the internet, which only makes BOTH parties look stupid, so that that's all I have to say. Don't bother looking for another post from me after your response, because there will be none.

Enjoy the season...

inFINSible said:
Irregardless of my nonstandard word, you have proven my point all too well.

I remember the day Delvin Williams set the longest standing Dolphins single season rushing record, so if you want to talk to me about staying strong and optimistic get back to me in about 15 years.

You may have all the reasons you need to be sceptical, have at it. More power to you. It's the safe way to go. The great thing about your viewpoint is, your fragile ego can survive through adversity, by distancing itself from the problem(the Dolphins). If the team happens to not make the SB, lucky you, gets to say "I knew it all along." Of course any buffalo, or jets, or pats fan can say the same thing so, you're in dubious company.

Congratulations on your powers of prognostication last year. It takes real courage to stand out on that limb and say we aren't going to win a SB. Gosh, what were the odds that you could be right?!?!?

Here's a fact for you, when we do win it all, and it will happen one day, you won't predict it. You're too busy covering your ass to avoid embarassment.

One day, maybe even this year, it's going to come together and the people that stood by this TEAM through thick and thin are going to be cheering the loudest and the fairweather fans are going to look like fools.

Me personally, I don't mind looking like a fool as long as it's in support of my team, but I'd hate to look like a fool after I abandoned my team. After I lobbed insult after insult at the team I supposedly love. Man, I would have a hard time cheering if we actually won after I did that. But maybe it's just me.

Have a nice day and enjoy the season. :lol:

<sigh> This is why I love Infins...oops, did I just say that out loud?

:escape:

CirclingWagons said:
on the flipside you just as easily could've dropped the Ravens and Redskins games ;)
True. Those games felt like losses all the way...especially the Skins game..until Jay came through and saved the day..imagine that.

Dolfan954 said:
True. Those games felt like losses all the way...especially the Skins game..until Jay came through and saved the day..imagine that.

That point, along with the fact that his injury cost the Fins a trip to the playoffs in 2002, now appear in the dictionary in the definition of the word ironic.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Which would, of course, explain why your #1 ally in this discussion is a misguided, lost Bills fan.

Yeah, sure, allign all of your opinions of the Fins with the opinions of a Bills fan. Nice, that should be real objective......
I tell you what...why don't we take a poll of Fins fans, which means people will have to post with their vote so we can ensure that only Fins fans vote.

Lets see if I am the ONLY Fins fan that thinks Wannstedt should not return.

As for the Bills fan, I don't know the person. If he thinks the Bills are in better shape than the Fins, then I disagree. If he thinks the Bills are close to a SB, I vehemently disagree. If he thinks that Wanny has not shown enough to keep his job, then I couldnt agree more.

However, I must say to him, or any fan of another team--"You should be hoping and praying that we keep Dave Wannstedt."

Disnardo said:
Hey, we agree! :) Nice post..

Until this pans out DW and RS are on the hotseat for the QB aquisition. They both said that "have to upgrade the execution in that position" and its going to take at least 4-5 months for us to see it unfold.

Major, 1 down and 20 to go :D Good luck! ;)
I remember back in 1988 or '89 when the Hurricanes played Notre Dame. They had fumbled and taken a sack and it was like 3rd and 47. Steve Walsh completed a pass to Randall Hill for 48 yards. Its my favorite play of all time. So 1st and 20 is a walk in the park!:cool:

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
All I have to say is when DW and the Miami Dolphins win the SB this season, I'm going to be sending out alot of PM's..
Crazyfan, I hope you are right. And you won't have to send me a PM. I'll write the biggest Mea Culpa ever known to man. I have no problem admitting I am wrong once its proven. I even want to be wrong in this case. But I doubt it.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Funny, that qualifier wasn't in your original position. Two missed playoffs in a row and you're out baby. MajorCanz has spoken.

Earlier in the thread I could at least respect the fact that you stood by your statements. Now you seem to be hedging. Damn, another big talker until presented with the facts.
Whatever. You are reaching. If a coach wins a SB, surely he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

I ask you seriously, what in Wannstedt's past experience is there to cause you to trust that he can turn this around?

I would really like to know. Forget my take on the subjects...Not that its inconsistent, but it is irrelevant. What makes you trust Wannstedt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom