wannsteddt quote | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wannsteddt quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in Denver, Baltimore and Seattle in the playoff teams with good o-lines.

Dallas was the only team with a questionable o-line to make it into the playoffs. They didn't last very long. They made it at #6 seed in NFC too.

Why does this bills fan "CW" spend so much time debating miami's problems? While the bills were busy getting swept last yr by the "underacheiving" dolphins.

What dumbstedt was pointing out is that most fans are sheep, they'll swallow the same pathetic coach as long as a few changes are made to give the illusion to the huddled masses that things will be different.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

It must have been somewhat of a disapointment to him to hear and see so much negativity lately, even most sheep have their BS threshold level, four years of watching this team go the wrong direction and a quick review of Dave's Chicago years should be enough to awaken even the most myopic fan.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Its been fun children.

As with any argument based solely on opinion, it is not possible to change some peoples mind.

The only thing I have gotten from this besides a few laughs in a new member of my ignore list...

later.....
Ah yes. When you can't beat'em, ignore'em. You remind me of some of the Fins players...The going gets tough, you quit.

MajorCanz said:
Ah yes. When you can't beat'em, ignore'em. You remind me of some of the Fins players...The going gets tough, you quit.
This coming from the ostrich of all ostriches.

You just keep your head buried in the sands of fear and shame and let us warriors hold our heads high while we defend our team against enemies from without and within.

When the season is over you'll still have your head buried in the sand. If we lose, you won't be able to show your face on any other teams' MB and if we win you won't be able to show your face here.

:roflmao: Enjoy the season!

MajorCanz said:

I only have so much time to devote to educating those less fortunate than me. After a point, its up to them to face reality on their own. If they can't, well at least I tried to help them overcome their lack of insight and emotional problems.

inFINSible said:
This coming from the ostrich of all ostriches.

You just keep your head buried in the sands of fear and shame and let us warriors hold our heads high while we defend our team against enemies from without and within.

When the season is over you'll still have your head buried in the sand. If we lose, you won't be able to show your face on any other teams' MB and if we win you won't be able to show your face here.

:roflmao: Enjoy the season!

My head is clearly not in the sand. I see things clearly. You guys are the ones who choose not to see the truth. Thats all.

And trust me...I will enjoy the season.

And

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I only have so much time to devote to educating those less fortunate than me. After a point, its up to them to face reality on their own. If they can't, well at least I tried to help them overcome their lack of insight and emotional problems.

Lack of insight? Spare me. You guys are the clones who recycle the nonsense that DW spouts.

And FFIB, if I was less fortunate than you, I would be in a group home.

CirclingWagons said:
Maybe if you grasped the possibility that it's sometimes the coaches fault, this wouldn't be so difficult for you to understand.
All you did was give me your OPINION of the Bills moves, and write off those players as busts--they must be busts because YOU said it, right? It's quite funny(and ironic) how you write off the effects of coaching--did you even watch the Bills offense last year?...that's the effects of BAD coaching. Carolina and New England are examples of good coaching. Neither the Bills or Dolphins were lacking in talent(they had much more than NE) last year. I think it's hilarious how you question Donahoe's GM moves, especially since you are for KEEPING Wanny, after he's proven he can't get into the playoffs with better talent than he had in 2000 and 2001. And please, spare me the injuries excuse, you think the fins are the only team who faces injuries?--Your one of those finfans who could forever be satisfied by perpetual mediocrity. "Just go 10-6, flame out, and I'll be happy" :rolleyes:

Try not deflecting blame away from Wanny everytime, ok? His team's are not mentally prepared when it matters most(a la Minny and NE 2002, Houston, NE and philly 2003).

Blah, blah, blah.....

Keep spewing more nonsense and maybe I'll forget that you keep avoiding the fact that your GM sucks. Then again, maybe not.

You have not choice but to cling to the hope that it was all the coaches fault. TD has left you with basically the same pile of crap talent as last year.

Only a Bills fan would watch his team to 6-10 and then criticize another for going 10-6.

Here is a description of the Bills team at the end of a season, can you quess which one?

1. Great defense
2. Offense sucks because:
- QB takes too long to make decisions and takes way too many sacks
- OL sucks
- 2nd WR is a big question
- not enough production from the TE
3. Swept by the Fins
4. HC is considered a good def coord but is overmatched on gameday, looks foolish, and has lost the support of his players
5. Changes needed to be made so they went with a HC with NO EXPERIENCE
6. The problem at QB will still be the starter the following year

The description fits the 2000 Bills and the 2003 Bills. :roflmao:

TD spent three seasons building the team he inherited. Now that is funny.

MajorCanz said:
My head is clearly not in the sand. I see things clearly. You guys are the ones who choose not to see the truth. Thats all.

Which would, of course, explain why your #1 ally in this discussion is a misguided, lost Bills fan.

Yeah, sure, allign all of your opinions of the Fins with the opinions of a Bills fan. Nice, that should be real objective......

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Let me ask you a question. No smack intended. Why does Tom Donahoe still have a job? Hasn't he had enough time to build a contender? or even a team that can crack .500?

Haven't enough of his decisions blown up in his face? I think it is hilarious that Wanny gets killed by Fin fans as a GM. All he has done as GM in the last 3 years is to turn over the roster nearly as much as Donahoe, but while averaging 10 wins in the process instead of < 6.

Preach it brother. I think he's a little jealous.

MajorCanz said:
I think this is an excellent post. I agree with everything you said about the team except the oline. The oline IMO cannot be considered an upgrade, even on paper. But everything else, I am optimistic about.

The only point I am making is...based on what we've saw of DW in Chicago, and based on what we've seen in him so far, we shouldnt expect drastic improvement. IMO, hes lost this team. Maybe I'm wrong. I pray it to be so. But I will not have "optimism" as long as he is here, I don't care what "tweaks" he makes. I don't have any faith in him at all. And I think my opinion is warranted. Its not drivel, its not reactionary, its not any of that.

I think that Nick Saban could come to this team with the talent we have, make a few attitude adjustments, coach a little more aggressively on defense, and this team could be one of the top five teams in the league. Yes, we have QB issues, but most teams do. The sad thing is that this team, IMO, isnt that far away with a break or two. But I just don't see Wanny ever getting them to break thru.

And for that opinion, I am posting drivel and having other insults thrown my way.

Hey, we agree! :) Nice post..

Until this pans out DW and RS are on the hotseat for the QB aquisition. They both said that "have to upgrade the execution in that position" and its going to take at least 4-5 months for us to see it unfold.

Major, 1 down and 20 to go :D Good luck! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom