Was Ryan Tannehill a one year wonder? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Was Ryan Tannehill a one year wonder?

We all know that Tannehill has not had that many starts as a QB in College. He started for a season and a half.

But why the half? Did he beat out Jarrod Johnson mid way though through the season? No, he only started because Jarrod Johnson was injured. Tannehill was still playing WR, he had 11 catches.

So Tannehill only won the starting job his senior year when he beat out freshman Jameill Showers.

Where did you hear, read or see that Tannehill only started because Johnson was injured?

You mean Mike Sherman who is only our OC because he was fired by Texas A&M............

Do you think drafting Tannehill was his call?

I am sure if Sherman did not believe in Tannehill, he would make sure everyone knew that he was not worth a pick, let alone a top 10 pick.

Were I would get concerned if I was a Dolphin fan is IF after this training camp he is the Third QB.

He was taken in the top 10 of the draft, I am not saying he needs to start right away but he better be good enough to secure the Number 2 job and give the organization confidence to go into the season with him as your Backup

Were I would get concerned if I was a Dolphin fan is IF after this training camp he is the Third QB.

He was taken in the top 10 of the draft, I am not saying he needs to start right away but he better be good enough to secure the Number 2 job and give the organization confidence to go into the season with him as your Backup
Both of the veteran QBs have had success at the NFL level. I'd be alot more concerned if he had trouble beating out someone like Jim Sorgi for the #2 job.

just curious, why do you even bother "rooting" for this team? 99.9% of your posts are negative sarcastic backhanded insults to the team and its players, what is the point?

I didn't like Tannehill before the draft and I'm not going to change my mind now just because the Fins drafted him.

Okay, Tannehill did not start only because Jerrod Johnson got hurt, Johnson was doing horrible when healthy. And funny enough, many thought preseason of that year Johnson could be a first round QB himself.

He and Johnson were both approached about playing WR, and Tannehill was more receptive to the idea.

Mike Sherman getting fired at A&M is... interesting. He did a really good job improving the talent level and brought several NFL prospects to the school. The problem is A&M boosters literally think that they are on Alabama and USC's levels or damn well should be.

Everybody knew Tannehill wouldn't be ready for week 1.

RG3 was not even on the blip of declaring for the draft preseason. Hell, I don't really think he was considered a top 15 pick until he beat Oklahoma.

Honestly we don't know how Tannehill will be until he gets out there and plays, and we should not rush him. The Colts and Skins (and to a lesser extent the Browns) need RG3, Luck, and Weeden to start right away.

I didn't like Tannehill before the draft and I'm not going to change my mind now just because the Fins drafted him.

Yea why approach something with an open mind until proven otherwise. It's much easier to be pissed and have an agenda, right?

I have absolutely no problem with RT being #3 on the depth chart this year. We have 2 veteran QB's on the roster to get us through the year while RT learns the pro game. If we can get average QB play out of Gerrard and Moore, and I fully expect we can, then I'm good with that. After what we have been through the last 10 years, I'd love to have average QB play for the next year while we develop our young QB. He has the athletic ability, he has the smarts, he has the arm and he has the desire to succeed. We just have to put him the best position to have success and if that means having him learn from the bench while we get average QB play out of our other 2 QB's, I'm all for it. I don't want to churn and burn this kid just for the sake of "HE WAS A #8 DRAFT PICK".

Asshats galore in this thread.

NFL is not the NCAA. Never will be. can't look at success there as a mark to be successful in the NFL

I completely agree. Sherman would probably have loved to not draft Tanny and avoid all the drama of the connection back to college. He must have felt pretty strongly that there is something worth working with in him.

Ireland had to draft Tannehill, he had no choice.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

The problem is A&M boosters literally think that they are on Alabama and USC's levels or damn well should be.

They got what they wanted. WELCOME TO THE SEC BABY!

p.s cue "Welcome to the Jungle"..............

Can he be another Henne in disguise? Oh god! Noooooo!!

I just wanted to terrorize you guys. Tanne is the real thing folks. Count on it.

Back
Top Bottom