WATCH: Dolphins OLB Jaelan Phillips takes ‘first steps’ since season-ending injury | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WATCH: Dolphins OLB Jaelan Phillips takes ‘first steps’ since season-ending injury

Ramsey has nothing to do with this, I never blamed his injury on anyone, s*** happens. But with Phillps and Chubb the game was over, like we were literally down 30 points with 3:30 to go vs the Ravens when Chubb got hurt. Fireable offense, unbelievably stupid. Dumba** even said, "I wish I had a time machine on that one" :lol:
I disagree but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Like I said when it happened the season ended when he got hurt. Never should have been in the game at that point just like Chubb, thanks McDoofus. Someone tried to tell me it was ok because we had Ogbah lmao. McDoofus better learn from this and take key players out when the game is over, or he’s just the next failed coach post Shula.
Yes because injuries only happen late in games.

Rodgers says hello.

Like I said when it happened the season ended when he got hurt. Never should have been in the game at that point just like Chubb, thanks McDoofus. Someone tried to tell me it was ok because we had Ogbah lmao. McDoofus better learn from this and take key players out when the game is over, or he’s just the next failed coach post Shula.

I absolutely hate these kinds of arguments.

These are competitors trying to win the game....END OF STORY!

Stop trying to blame McD and co..

What's crazy is that McD has a track record of sitting players additional games just to make sure they're 100%.

So he's the last type of coach I'd blame for a player being in the game and getting hurt.

Man, two months post op that gingerly walking.

Just think how quick Aaron rodgers recovery went
Rodgers tried a different type surgery procedure which allowed him to recover sooner. Phillips opted for the standard surgery for a torn Achilles.

The standard procedure has had excellent results in allowing players to eventually return to the league and play at a high level.

The procedure Rodgers had is still unproven when it comes to a player returning to play in the NFL. So only time will tell if Rogers will be able to return and play at a high level again.

Phillips spoke to Rogers about the surgery he had but he decided to undergo the standard surgical procedure.

Ramsey has nothing to do with this, I never blamed his injury on anyone, s*** happens. But with Phillps and Chubb the game was over, like we were literally down 30 points with 3:30 to go vs the Ravens when Chubb got hurt. Fireable offense, unbelievably stupid. Dumba** even said, "I wish I had a time machine on that one" :lol:
Really though, it's just bad luck. Belichick was notorious for keeping his starters in even when the Patriots were dominating games, easily could have had a few injuries like that, but nope...I am for pulling starters in a blowout game though, I bet next year we see more of it...

Rodgers tried a different type surgery procedure which allowed him to recover sooner. Phillips opted for the standard surgery for a torn Achilles.

The standard procedure has had excellent results in allowing players to eventually return to the league and play at a high level.

The procedure Rodgers had is still unproven when it comes to a player returning to play in the NFL. So only time will tell if Rogers will be able to return and play at a high level again.

Phillips spoke to Rogers about the surgery he had but he decided to undergo the standard surgical procedure.
I get that but we don’t know the severity of the tears on both players.

apples to oranges
that really doesn’t matter at this point, I only mentioned rodgers because he was jogging and planting after two months.

We simply don’t know the severities so perhaps it is like you said apples to oranges

What we have to go on now is where he’s at two months out and we can see that he’s gingerly putting weight on it.

I’m sure his target is sept game 1 which gives him 6 months.

Should be interesting to see how fast it can progress

Best wishes to Phillips on his recovery. I’ve posted about him on my man crush list and he has a gravitas to be the leader of the Dolphins D.

As a couch GM though, I have to plan for and assume a degradation in ability from that injury until, hopefully, proven otherwise.

IMO when players like this kid bulk way beyond their natural born frame they wind up stressing their joints, ligaments etc. well beyond the inherent safety spec. Phillips was putting enormous pressure on that Achilles all the time with his super aggressive get off.

I honestly don’t see him ever being the same player. And even if he does get back real close to what he was – his body has already told him he needs to ramp it down a little bit.

Losing him and Chubb was just an unfair devastation to this team.

IMO when players like this kid bulk way beyond their natural born frame they wind up stressing their joints, ligaments etc. well beyond the inherent safety spec. Phillips was putting enormous pressure on that Achilles all the time with his super aggressive get off.

I honestly don’t see him ever being the same player. And even if he does get back real close to what he was – his body has already told him he needs to ramp it down a little bit.

Losing him and Chubb was just an unfair devastation to this team.

Wait so it’s his fault for being too explosive getting off the line?

Good geez….

Back
Top Bottom