Watching this HOF enshrinement, I have to admit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching this HOF enshrinement, I have to admit

I have no issue with any of the Bills in the hall of fame I just wish more dolphins were in. I wish more dolphins had continued success and made it.
I think Jason taylor makes it but outside of that it may be a while. I would like Zach there but it will be hard

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

An underated dolphin that deserves a look is Roby but punter is hard to make it

I have no issue with any of the Bills in the hall of fame I just wish more dolphins were in. I wish more dolphins had continued success and made it.
I think Jason taylor makes it but outside of that it may be a while. I would like Zach there but it will be hard

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

An underated dolphin that deserves a look is Roby but punter is hard to make it

Roby is probably the 2nd best pure punter in the game, ever.

Roby is probably the 2nd best pure punter in the game, ever.

He is among the best . Guy is and was in a category by himself but Roby was best punter of his generation.
One punter that deserves tp get in when he retires is Shane Lechler. He may actually be as good as Guy was.

The reason Ralph Wilson made it in is because not only did was he the driving force into the NFL-AFL merger, but also he helped make the NFL what it is. He floated I think Oakland and Houston money so they wouldn't collapse as franchises. It pains me to write that as a Miami fan.....but, living in WNY I here this om a regular basis. I hate the Bills, I despise their franchise, I hate their fans and any person associated with that team. But Ralph Wilson is an iconic owner who kept a franchise in a small, shi**y market. But a plus note fu** Buffalo and their dumb a** fans.

So Ralph Wilson floated some loans. Joe Robbie also started an expansion franchise in Miami, a town that had no sports team at all, no fans and no tradition of football.
He created a winner, made bold moves to bring Shula to Miami, and built his own stadium. He was somewhat of a maverick, and definitely a risk taker.
I have no problem with Wilson (for all his charity) but to omit Joe Robbie is just not right IMHO.

Interesting call on whether or not owners belong in the Hall, or what the criteria is, but I would say that guys like Joe Robbie and Ralph Wilson have certainly had much more of a lasting impact on the game than say, Andre freakin' Reed.

So Ralph Wilson floated some loans. Joe Robbie also started an expansion franchise in Miami, a town that had no sports team at all, no fans and no tradition of football.
He created a winner, made bold moves to bring Shula to Miami, and built his own stadium. He was somewhat of a maverick, and definitely a risk taker.
I have no problem with Wilson (for all his charity) but to omit Joe Robbie is just not right IMHO.

I am not disagreeing with you one bit about Robbie. But Wilson helped to form the league basically. Wilson did the same in bringing a team to a city with no football although NY has a better tradition of football. But it's bias coming from the voters. What can ya do sadly.

I have nothing but respect for them, even though I dislike them as a team. couple of years back i had a chance to talk some football with Darryl Talley and he was awesome to talk to shared some insights knowing i'm a dolphins fan. i was actually rooting for them in the first superbowl against the giants. that rivalry is most of my childhood memories as a dolphins fan.

[video=youtube;iwCiQASnw6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCiQASnw6o[/video]

Back
Top Bottom