Watching this HOF enshrinement, I have to admit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching this HOF enshrinement, I have to admit

The Bills screwed up their uniforms and then were bright enough to fix it not many years later. For that alone they deserve a wide open path to the Hall of Fame.

I agree.
I also do not like the fact that Bob Kuchenberg is not in the HOF. He owned many of the DL players that have been enshrined.

The Fins only made it to one AFC Championship game in the 90's. I wish we made it to two... EDIT: oops, quoted the wrong post, sorry about that. I meant to quote your other post Langer.

The Bills have 7 players, a coach, and owner in the HOF. 9 total
The Fins have 8 players and Don Shula. 9 total
The Bills have never won the super bowl, appearing in 4.
The Fins were winners 2 times back to back, and appeared in 3 (1971, 1982, 1984) during 2 different decades. The also made the AFC championship twice in the 1990's.
Why isn't Joe Robbie in the HOF? He founded the Fins and created a dynasty in South Florida.
Why isn't the early 70's undefeated season better represented, and also the early 80's also better represented.
There seems to be an inequity IMHO. Three of the Bills players never won against the Fins from 1970-1979 (20 straight losses)
Frankly, Bob Baumhower, AJ Duhe, Mark Duper and Mark Clayton, John Offerdahl, Keith Jackson, Bob Kuechenberg, Manny Fernandez, and Nat moore should all be given consideration.
Kuech and Manny are no brainers
Sorry for the homerism, but watching Andre Reed get in is too much to take. No way he should be in over half of the guys I listed above.

2q1axyx-1.jpg

Speeches were a little long winded. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Too many people thanked IMO made it pretty boring.

I can listen to people thank others for hours. The NFL HOF is an extremely close and exclusive club and the players know and respect it. As someone lucky enough to have attended Marino's induction, I can say that these speeches are extremely heartfelt and sincere.

Good players....yes. In reality though Reed, Kelly, and Marv Levy shouldn't be in. There are coaches who won multiple rings who aren't in the HOF, how Levy is in is amazing. There are guys like Harrison and Brown who have far superior stats to Reed who aren't in. And Kelly's numbers don't stack up to other HOF QB's.

Those 3 should NOT be in the HOF. That is why the NFL HOF is considered a joke next to the MLB HOF.

Speeches were a little long winded. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Too many people thanked IMO made it pretty boring.
I can listen to people thank others for hours. The NFL HOF is an extremely close and exclusive club and the players know and respect it. As someone lucky enough to have attended Marino's induction, I can say that these speeches are extremely heartfelt and sincere.

Here is the problem. The Hall of Fame speech can't be a living obituary. That's what it has turned into. The players are being honored for their "CAREER" nothing more. The speech should start and stop with their NFL Career. Thank family, talk about your NFL career, tell a story or two and that's it. 10 minutes, 15 tops. But no longer. There is a reason why ESPN didn't carry the HOF this year, because it has become too long and far too boring. The speeches just drag on and on, going back to the day they were born and talking about childhood friends....nobody cares! Write a book and save those stories for that. The HOF speech is only about your NFL career.

The thanking of equipment managers and such it just tiresome and silly. Nobody cares that your father was a drunk and you struggled in pop warner football. That's not what a HOF speech is about. This has gotten worse every year but this year was the straw that broke the camels back. Changes are coming. I think the 10 minute rule will be enforced and I read a report that the NFL might steal from the Oscars in that once the time is up, music plays and the people will be ushered off. Which I would be all for after last night.

Good players....yes. In reality though Reed, Kelly, and Marv Levy shouldn't be in. There are coaches who won multiple rings who aren't in the HOF, how Levy is in is amazing. There are guys like Harrison and Rice who have far superior stats to Reed who aren't in. And Kelly's numbers don't stack up to other HOF QB's.

Those 3 should NOT be in the HOF. That is why the NFL HOF is considered a joke next to the MLB HOF.

rice? as in Jerry Rice? he is in the HOF. he entered his first year of eligibility.

Harrison? Marvin Harrison? Maybe his troubles with the law and shootings is preventing him from entering the HOF...and if not that, I believe this was his first year of eligibility, so maybe next year.

rice? as in Jerry Rice? he is in the HOF. he entered his first year of eligibility.

Harrison? Marvin Harrison? Maybe his troubles with the law and shootings is preventing him from entering the HOF...and if not that, I believe this was his first year of eligibility, so maybe next year.

Brown, I meant Tim Brown it was a typo that I fixed.

I don't care if its his 1st year of eligibility or not. Harrison has FAR superior numbers to Reed. Both were eligible this year how Reed got in over Harrison is laughable. It's a joke. That's why the NFL HOF is a joke

As far as Dolphins who are not in the HOF that maybe should be, I agree that Kuech should, but not Offerdahl or some of the others mentioned. Duper and Clayton, I loved them, but no HOF. The only other name that I would throw out that might consider debate is Dick Anderson. I just think the HOF should be for the elite of the elite, and while some get in when they may not fit that category(Andre Reed I believe is a perfect example) doesn't mean others should because that is the level to which we have stooped.

the nfl hall of fame is becoming the hall of pretty good.

Here is the problem. The Hall of Fame speech can't be a living obituary. That's what it has turned into. The players are being honored for their "CAREER" nothing more. The speech should start and stop with their NFL Career. Thank family, talk about your NFL career, tell a story or two and that's it. 10 minutes, 15 tops. But no longer. There is a reason why ESPN didn't carry the HOF this year, because it has become too long and far too boring. The speeches just drag on and on, going back to the day they were born and talking about childhood friends....nobody cares! Write a book and save those stories for that. The HOF speech is only about your NFL career.

The thanking of equipment managers and such it just tiresome and silly. Nobody cares that your father was a drunk and you struggled in pop warner football. That's not what a HOF speech is about. This has gotten worse every year but this year was the straw that broke the camels back. Changes are coming. I think the 10 minute rule will be enforced and I read a report that the NFL might steal from the Oscars in that once the time is up, music plays and the people will be ushered off. Which I would be all for after last night.

It has turned into the NFL Oscars, except now bad actors are winning the award. Watching 300 lb men blubbering crocodile tears are a real turn off.

Back
Top Bottom