Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale

Watch for Dan to at least poke around the possibility, if it's true--likely with a corporate consortium.
Dan wants to be connected to this franchise again, but never again as long as Wayne is here. Wayne gave the green light to a perennial failure of a head to drop Dan faster than Madonna does her underwear, and replace him with the worst multiple-year starting QB of all time. I'm sure that hurt, but Dan knows this is business. However, I think after the exec job fiasco, Dan had enough with this organization the way it stands. There is waaayyy more to that story, which I'm sure we'll all one day find out more about. (I think Dan was led to believe the job was something it wasn't and when it turned out to be ceremonial, Dan split). Anyway, I don't think Dan forgave Wayne after that. If you notice Dan got a little less homerish on HBO immediately after the event
Anyway, Dan's ego can go toe to toe with anyone's and don't tell me he wouldn't relish the opportunity to take the team from Wayne and make it successful once again. Marino is already legendary on the field, here's his chance to be off of it as well.

No more Wayne in this here town. Fantastic!

I say Dan Marino, Don Shula, and Mickey Arison can joins hands and buy this team. Everything happens for a reason folks. A new start (era) can be just what we need as Dolphin fans. My hope is that Wayne splits ASAP. He should go join the Quitter in his tent.

A&O said:
No more Wayne in this here town. Fantastic!

I say Dan Marino, Don Shula, and Mickey Arison can joins hands and buy this team. Everything happens for a reason folks. A new start (era) can be just what we need as Dolphin fans. My hope is that Wayne splits ASAP. He should go join the Quitter in his tent.

Ricky can show wayne how to roll

I just pray the team doesn't get moved.

That would be horrible. They can't leave. I couldn't deal with that.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
The LA Dolphins? :confused: That would be wild, and a killer to have to cross the country for all those Division games. :shakeno:
Not that it will happen, because the Miami/Ft Lauderale.Palm Beach metropolitan area is now like the sixth largest market in the country, but if they moved to LA that would be the end of my fanhood.

I could never be behind a team in LA.

TorontoFin said:
Watch for Dan to at least poke around the possibility, if it's true--likely with a corporate consortium.
Dan wants to be connected to this franchise again, but never again as long as Wayne is here. Wayne gave the green light to a perennial failure of a head to drop Dan faster than Madonna does her underwear, and replace him with the worst multiple-year starting QB of all time. I'm sure that hurt, but Dan knows this is business. However, I think after the exec job fiasco, Dan had enough with this organization the way it stands. There is waaayyy more to that story, which I'm sure we'll all one day find out more about. (I think Dan was led to believe the job was something it wasn't and when it turned out to be ceremonial, Dan split). Anyway, I don't think Dan forgave Wayne after that. If you notice Dan got a little less homerish on HBO immediately after the event
Anyway, Dan's ego can go toe to toe with anyone's and don't tell me he wouldn't relish the opportunity to take the team from Wayne and make it successful once again. Marino is already legendary on the field, here's his chance to be off of it as well.
ToFin(got used to calling you that).....I couldn't agree more.

Everyone was so quick to buy the reasons Dan resigned that were publicly given.

I never did, I always thought they were a convienant excuse to stop all the public specualtion.

I think Dan was mislead by Huezenga and when he realized it he wanted out.

Dan has a strong passion for this game and you can see it still when he talks about it, He likes to compete and he won't be satisfied with being a commentator the rest of his life, it doesn't fulfill his need to compete and win.

I think he would love to control the Dolphins and shape them into the winners he envisions.

If the right group could be assembled I agree with you that he might take a stab at it.

I'll bet you if Dan Marino formed a corporation thats stated goal was to buy the Miami Dolphins and return them to a first class organization, that he could sell enough stock from Dolphin fans to pull it off.

hmmmmm, that just might work!

BlueFin, thats a funny avatar.

I think with the fans buying the team, that would create a monster headache. Every fan that pitched in even $1, would think the team needs to do something one way, while the other fans would think it needs to be done another different way. We would have like 1 million people saying we should do this and that.

We would need somebody to head this and speak with one voice. Can you imagine the headlines if we actually did it?

'FinHeaven forum members buy Dolphins Franchise' :roflmao:

TX-FinFan said:

I think with the fans buying the team, that would create a monster headache. Every fan that pitched in even $1, would think the team needs to do something one way, while the other fans would think it needs to be done another different way. We would have like 1 million people saying we should do this and that.

We would need somebody to head this and speak with one voice. Can you imagine the headlines if we actually did it?

No you hire professionals to run the franchise, and everyone is a share holder. The only things the share holders vote on is the contracts of the executive.

TX-FinFan said:

I think you misunderstood, the fans would not be the board of directors, it would be Dan's corporation, we would just be helping him raise the money to buy Wayne out.

Back
Top Bottom