Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne is listening to offers / Phins for sale

Predaphin said:
WTF?? Did Peter King say this this a rumor or did he say anything about Wayne coming out and saying it himself ??

We need 375 million members here to pitch in 2 dollars!
3 million ppl at $250.00 each .
1.5 million ppl at $500.00 each
750 thousand ppl at $1000.00 each
75,000 ppl at $10,000 each is probably the best senerio for the fans to take over this team...
I'd take out a 10,000 loan to buy my share for sure

ill throw down 500K

I think we can buy the team for around 600 mil, so figure we need 1,200 people willing to throw down 500K for my share... we really just need to get ahold of someone willing to throw down like 500 mil and then group the rest.

minus said:
Isn't Cuban networth around 4 billion?
No, that would be Ross Perot, if you check the currrent Forbes 400 list Cuban I think had either 1 billion or 1.2 billion...in that range.

The NFL outlawed Green Bay type situations in the future, it is grandfathered in. I think it should be challenged though...

That would be so nice if the Fins Fans could own the team unlike Wayne. I would pony up as much as I could afford. Since I don't have a billion laying around, I think a publicly owned team like the Green Bay Packers is the next best thing. I read somewhere where the most valuable sports franchise was the Washington Redskins at $1.2 Billion, I think the Yankees and Dallas Cowboys were next at $1 Billion. Didn't Wayne Huizenga make his money first through Waste Management (or some garbage company) and then Blockbuster. I
just hope that if Wayne sells we get an owner who knows football and brings in the right people...and please get rid of Spielman and Wanny soon.

:shakeno:

BlueFin said:
The NFL outlawed Green Bay type situations in the future, it is grandfathered in. I think it should be challenged though...

Uhh,now I am not sure but didnt the Texans just do the same kinda thing only it's called Stocks now.

CrunchTime said:
Here is someone who has the money and wants to buy an NFL team.

"The CEO of Oracle Corporation, Larry Ellison, wants to spend some of his billions of net worth on an NFL team, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The only team currently for sale is the Vikings, and only the Saints, Vikings, and Colts currently are involved in unsettled stadium situations. Ellison's best bet, then, would be to buy one of those teams and move it.

At this point, the best candidate likely would be the Saints. Hell, Ellison might even get a ticker tape parade down Bourbon Street if he were to buy the team and move it as far out of Looziana as possible"

Forbes has him listed a no 10 richest man in America.The only problem is that he wants to move the team to LA
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=domesticNews&storyID=6504775

The LA Dolphins? :confused: That would be wild, and a killer to have to cross the country for all those Division games. :shakeno:

enough of the mark cuban crap

keep him as far away as possible

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
The LA Dolphins? :confused: That would be wild, and a killer to have to cross the country for all those Division games. :shakeno:

The Las Vegas Dolphins has a better ring to it. :D

How could anyone blame Wayne? With the negativity that surrounded the team by the media through the offseason, the thankless fans, I can't blame him one bit. Maybe they'll move them to Los Angeles. You negative fans and the media have yourselves to blame. Now the phin-hating beat writers can cover lawn and garden shows. Fitting.

NathanHunt said:
I think it is without arguement that no matter how many people are included in the purchasing group (if sold).... Dan will be in the mix in some capacity. The winning bidders would be stupid not to include Dan's face on ANY new image moving forward. He would provide instant credibility to the fans.

And, let's face it... even before the product (team) hits the floor, the buyers (fans) have to be excited about it. The love for Marino would generate instant enthusiasm.

Even if his group lost the bid.... I could see Dan in some cozy FO position. President maybe?

Oh well, it's all just conjecture.

Danny...beloved? without question. Credible in the context of team ownership & management? Not exactly-didn't he just bail on us after 3 weeks on the job? Don't get me wrong-I loved Dan as a QB but if you can't handle it/not ready for it/think the job suxx...say no thanks Wayne. If I recall this was the beginning of a long ugly crap for the Fins starting at the top and rolling downhill to my seats in Section 150

btw I have 10 grand for this project-who will lead the Fan Revolt ownership group? :confused:

Mark Cuban would absoultely kill this franchise.. I'd rather sit on the sidelines naked for the rest of my life then see that @$$ Clown own our team.. Not that i have a strong opinion on the matter

Back
Top Bottom